Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tired of the lies and moral high ground from GBNW professors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gracie Barra.

Comment

Originally posted by Krampus View Post
      So what?

Get over it.
      Yes!

Once people can accept the idea that the Gracie brand is just that and that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu clubs are for-profit entities and not some sort of Brotherhood of the tatami...
      That type of behavior becomes much less surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Yes!

Once people can accept the idea that the Gracie brand is just that and that Gracie Jiu-Jitsu clubs are for-profit entities and not some sort of Brotherhood of the tatami...
        That type of behavior becomes much less surprising.
        Come on, don't you always double team and face stomp those brothers you love and respect? I mean I always ambush and kick the teeth out of the people I have love and respect for. That's how I prove I'm not an asshole and the douchebag filter is fully functional.

Comment

OP should be able to link now.

Comment

Originally posted by gb72 View Post
            You guys don't believe that her stating she was fired when she actually had an entirely plan in place over the past 8 months to be troubling? It's fine for her to open up another school, it is not fine for her play the victim, blame the school that has employed her. The investor in her new school is the person who registered her LLC 8 months ago.

She must think everyone is a fool.
            Yeah, well, I'm not a big fan of Gracie Barra as a company anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
              Yeah, well, I'm not a big fan of Gracie Barra as a company anyway.
              I don't think individual Gracie Barra gyms are a big fan of Gracie Barra as a company.

Comment

OH!

That GB.
                Huh.
                Neat.

Comment

Not a Brexit thread

I am dissapoint

Comment

Originally posted by batman smells View Post
                    Not a Brexit thread

I am dissapoint
                    You can still blame Theresa May for the whole Gracie Barra fiasco if it helps. Totally legit.

Comment

Gracie Barra!

Comment

One of my black belts, Joshua Bacallao, is taking over as the head instructor of Gracie Barra Kirkland.

He is a solid black belt, with a good competition record across both IBJJF and purse submission grappling tournaments, and has an excellent character.

Comment

Originally posted by gb72 View Post
                          The biggest issue is the lying. She quit with a plan already in place but is trying to make the school look like they victimized her. Everyone can say get over it but if you like lying, political B.S. and turning students into pawns then you have a point.

If you understand that she left a school high and dry without a fulltime instructor but lied about her being fired you get where I am coming from as a student.

The documents and facts don't lie.
                          Sooo if someone is married and they have a side piece and then their wife finds out and breaks up with them..... Did the wife not break up with them/fire them?

Its a grey area that doesnt matter in the fucking slightest.

Comment

Seems like it was all business to me. Since the OP is using the small amount of facts to run up conclusions, let me offer my own being on the outside looking in.

I propose this as the scenario: GB Black belt instructor is planning on making a move to open her own school in a few years because GB isn't paying her as much money as she thinks she is worth. So she looks into investors, locations, and business plan. These things take time. Word eventually makes it up the chain and GB talks to her about it. But she appeases them and they let it ride. Eventually they realize she has a plan to open her school in the next 3-6 months and that she has been talking to her students about the move. Possibly trying to get them to jump ship when the time is ready. GB hears of this and tells her that it is a conflict of interest to do that. She says she will stop. She doesn't stop. They have another meeting with her and say, sorry we can't have this. We are going to have to ask you to leave. She considers this firing even though it is just a little earlier than she was planning on leaving anyway.

Students feel betrayed because they forget that while BJJ is life, it is also business to some.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
                              Seems like it was all business to me. Since the OP is using the small amount of facts to run up conclusions, let me offer my own being on the outside looking in.

I propose this as the scenario: GB Black belt instructor is planning on making a move to open her own school in a few years because GB isn't paying her as much money as she thinks she is worth. So she looks into investors, locations, and business plan. These things take time. Word eventually makes it up the chain and GB talks to her about it. But she appeases them and they let it ride. Eventually they realize she has a plan to open her school in the next 3-6 months and that she has been talking to her students about the move. Possibly trying to get them to jump ship when the time is ready. GB hears of this and tells her that it is a conflict of interest to do that. She says she will stop. She doesn't stop. They have another meeting with her and say, sorry we can't have this. We are going to have to ask you to leave. She considers this firing even though it is just a little earlier than she was planning on leaving anyway.

Students feel betrayed because they forget that while BJJ is life, it is also business to some.
                              Plus, saying she was fired is dramatic, and makes her look like a victim. Publicity, plus perhaps sympathy and some more students go to her when she opens her school.

Comment

BJJ school owners are very territorial and tend to get p/o'd when a former student/trainer/teacher opens up nearby. I have witnessed this dynamic play out a few times, and it always ends up in a lot of butthurt on both sides.
                                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X