Giving $ with no expectation of return - slight misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving $ with no expectation of return - slight misfire

"I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Did you expect the money to return? you said no. Are you in need of cash yourself? Is it worth losibg a friend over (if she has bitchy tendancies)?

Comment

I would just pretend no money discussions occurred yet, since you’re unclear of her intentions. Proceed with normal conversation. If she really is serious about wanting to pay you back she’ll bring it up again and clarify her intentions.

Comment

^ done and organised a post Christmas catch up as normal. I don’t expect or need the money back. I gave it and asked her never to bring it up or speak of it.
        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
          Did you expect the money to return? you said no. Are you in need of cash yourself? Is it worth losibg a friend over (if she has bitchy tendancies)?

Comment

People are weird. I would just let it ride. Don't bring it up and pretend she didn't either. She probably really does want to pay you back she just isn't able to. And most likely, saying she is going to makes her feel better about taking it. But the fact that she hasn't just came out and gave you money, means she really isn't able to.

I would let it ride and know that dealing with this repercussion is just what happens dealing with people. You are a good person and don't let this keep you from helping other people. Just chalk it up to the unusual nature of humans, insecurities, social dynamics, and mental issues.
            Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Meh, it's just money. I never lend money out expecting to get paid back.

Comment

Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
                GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                Originally posted by Devil
                I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Send her my account details
                  King without a crown

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X