Jubo Septics (4 RBSD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    It's totally dopey. They just divide the number of throws by the number of grades, and there you go ?

I often think the people who design grading systems in Judo don't really know how to do or teach Judo effectively.
    Yeah. I really like the kendo way of doing it. There's a kata component to the grading, but it's easy to learn it well enough and the judges don't care about it so much. There's no laundry list of waza to show. The real exam is the two demo matches against other candidates. Can you score points on another candidate for the same grade? While scoring those points, are you showing the sorts of things we want to see at that level? Those sorts of things aren't specific waza, they are more about movement, timing, understanding of opportunity,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
      Yeah. I really like the kendo way of doing it. There's a kata component to the grading, but it's easy to learn it well enough and the judges don't care about it so much. There's no laundry list of waza to show. The real exam is the two demo matches against other candidates. Can you score points on another candidate for the same grade? While scoring those points, are you showing the sorts of things we want to see at that level? Those sorts of thingsplus aren't specific waza, they are more about movement, timing, understanding of opportunity,etc.

Yes, it would be better that way. If a person has fundamentals sound, learning more was is not a big deal.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X