Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Judo Day - did anyone do something fun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Judo Day - did anyone do something fun?

So it's, apparently, World Judo Day today (October 28th).

Did anyone honor / celebrate it, somehow?

I almost fell out of my recliner when I was taking a nap after dinner. My youngest son decided to capitalize on the opportunity and climb on the top of the chair which had me flipping over backwards. I countered the attempted throw and regained my balance.

So, I'd say yes.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post
      I almost fell out of my recliner when I was taking a nap after dinner. My youngest son decided to capitalize on the opportunity and climb on the top of the chair which had me flipping over backwards. I countered the attempted throw and regained my balance.

So, I'd say yes.
      I would say this is the best reason anyone should train Judo. Thumbs up!

Comment

I enrolled my 4 year old in Judo and avoided the multiple TKD and Wing Chun (and BJJ) clubs around me.

Judo saves!
        Last edited by Lily; 10/29/2018 9:15pm, .
        "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
          I enrolled my 4 year old in Judo and avoided the multiple TKD and Wing Chun (and BJJ) clubs around me.

Judo saves!
          Close call! _wink_

To be serious, though, do the BJJ gyms offer kids' classes for 4-year olds? Wow!

I would say most BJJ gyms in Sweden doesn't have kids' training at all. But Judo clubs certainly have, all of them.

Any way - seems you have a black belt in parenting.

Comment

Gracie Barra here run 3-5 year old classes. Maybe 5 years ago they didn’t but the demand is there - class sizes and frequency are still a fifth of what TKD and Krotty pull in though.
            "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X