• Show
Clear All

This is what's wrong with BJJ

https://www.facebook.com/RoseHillBJJsc/

Click image for larger version

Name:	43877762_1397659870336447_4048286536549007360_n.jpg
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4336567

I'm waiting for BJJ instructors claiming that BJJ can cure cancer.

From what I hear there are several BJJ zealots proclaiming Khabib's win was due to BJJ.

Holy shit. This needs to stop. BJJ is great. It's not the be all and end all of grappling, let alone fighting.

Comment

Ooooof

Puzzle mats.
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
        Ooooof

Puzzle mats.
        Yeah, that went through my mind too, except I've seen some tatami style puzzle mats so I wasn't too sure if those weren't them.

Comment

False advertising.
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Comment

That plus buttscooting...
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Oh, you saw where I was going with this.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  That plus buttscooting...
                  Get in my guard. Porra.

Comment

Bring back the BJJihad.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
                      Get in my guard. Porra.
                      Jeez, dude stop posting your pick up lines...
                      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Reminds me of when matt hughs beat royce gracie. Royce attributed matt’s win to gracie jiu jitsu but then matt’s like all i used was ‘all american wrestling’.

Comment

Yeah, definitely an issue. Although I feel like it was more rampant 10 years ago and is slowly cooling down. If BJJ were perfect I wouldn’t have to add Judo. And hell, if there were SAMBO or even an outlet for wrestling as an adult in my area I’d do that too.

Honestly, I avoided even trying BJJ for years just because of shit like that rubbing me the wrong way.
                          "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Comment

shut up shut up shut up BJJ is perfect.
                            GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                            Originally posted by Devil
                            I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                            Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

"Punch a Black Belt in the face once, he becomes a Brown Belt. Punch him again, purple..." - Carlson Gracie Sr.

Think about that in terms of years of training lost per punch in the face.

And I think he's being generous, I think many black belts wouldn't last beyond one punch to the face. Just me newb 3 stripe white belt opinion.
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X