No announcement yet.

general Jitsu Foundation question relating to Judo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, one thing I did look at is it seems they have two kinds of competition formats they take part in. A standing one similar to judo where you win by throw or by standing arm lock and getting a submission (I had bujinkan flashbacks at the thought) or a groundfighting one where you go for pins/submission, but it doesnt look like BJJ rules, and a lot like they split Judo into two categories.

At the very least, throwing practice though. Will report back

Comment

Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
      Not really bad, even the Aikido inspired techniques were decent.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
        Not really bad, even the Aikido inspired techniques were decent.
        I agree. I've seen worse at "pure" judo clubs.

Of course, we didn't really see any true randori, or groundwork. Looks to be more self-defense oriented from that video.
        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

There are competition clips in their FB page, for instance (randomly chosen):

https://www.facebook.com/jitsufounda...type=2&theater

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            There are competition clips in their FB page, for instance (randomly chosen):

https://www.facebook.com/jitsufounda...type=2&theater
            I guess you can tap when you want to get stood up ?

At least they compete and it's not scripted.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              I agree. I've seen worse at "pure" judo clubs.

Of course, we didn't really see any true randori, or groundwork. Looks to be more self-defense oriented from that video.
              From memory they do a number of "self defence" scenarios from attacks from chains etc. Again how realistic that is is open to question, but hey, turn up and see what they are like

Comment

Kim - did you turn up at their dojo??

Comment

As has been said, it's a mix of Judo, Trad JJ and Aikido. There are also examples of Line Up, (Aikido) 3 to 5 Man Attacks, which includes an emphasis on using the Uke as a Shield or Blocking Obstacle (on the floor). Also, some patterned technique and some more advanced so it's a building block approach. The Self Defence element is also clear rather than an open 'live' approach but that may suit depending on what is being sought. If it's an introductory level MA, then it's fine and can lead on to other MA Forms which may suit better.

A lot depends on the instructor and the students. If it - and they - appeal to you, then you've little to lose and something to gain. If it doesn't appeal, then you can clear it from your options and can find something more appropriate elsewhere.

Anyway, let us know how it goes and what you think.
                  Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 10/27/2018 2:25pm, . Reason: typos

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R

Comment

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
                      Looks like they ate Kim. Which, judging by these videos from a Canadian hippy commune, shouldn’t be any kind of surprise:
                      https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R
                      Hey, a Canadian who I do believe might speak French.

Would you mind going over to the MC Ninja thread in Trollshido (used to be MABS thread) and listen to "Alex Caine" speak french, and tell us if he sounds Quebecois or not ?

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                        Hey, a Canadian who I do believe might speak French.

Would you mind going over to the MC Ninja thread in Trollshido (used to be MABS thread) and listen to "Alex Caine" speak french, and tell us if he sounds Quebecois or not ?
                        I very much could do that, you'll just have to point me in the right direction. I peeked at trollshido but couldn't find a mc ninja (?) thread.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
                          I very much could do that, you'll just have to point me in the right direction. I peeked at trollshido but couldn't find a mc ninja (?) thread.
                          It got moved to YMAS after certain modifications.

Please take a look !

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X