Clear All

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Who's side are you on Diesel! !!???

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
    I'm calling you out Dr, if indeed that is your real name?

How can you eat a man's Liver then serve it up on a plate?

Back up your claims!
    Sounds pretty plausible to me. If I tried to eat a man's liver I would puke it right up. You could then subsequently serve it on a plate.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    You talking about this guy's liver?
    Different Limao.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I should have eaten Limao's liver, handed it on a plate to Renzo, and told Renzo it would go well with a nice Chianti.
    You talking about this guy's liver?

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied

I should have eaten Limao's liver, handed it on a plate to Renzo, and told Renzo it would go well with a nice Chianti.
    I'm calling you out Dr, if indeed that is your real name?

How can you eat a man's Liver then serve it up on a plate?

Back up your claims!

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post
    Not to mention Turkish Oil Wrestling
    Hakan you say that? It's manly as anything

Leave a comment:

• doofaloofa
    replied
    Originally posted by ghost55 View Post
    Wrestling is much gayer than Jiu-Jitsu.
    Not to mention Turkish Oil Wrestling

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Jordan peterson said something along the lines of ‘theres no such thing as toxic masculinity, just masculinity’. Your either masculine or not. Equality is bullshit. There are certain things that women do better than men and vice versa. The whole forced equality thing is bullshit (like hiring quotas and having x amount of women as leaders on a board in a company).
    Peterson says whatever he needs to make profit from silly millennials.

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    While I dont necessarily agree with everything Peterson says, I do understand his point. Conversely, I know one or two individuals who equate violence with masculinity, even so far as to say they believe men are 'predators.' Meanwhile, others would argue different qualities such as humility and stoicism are what makes a man, self control and perseverance in the face of problems. Others would argue what makes them manly is their breadwinner role, or the nature of their work (Ie: physically demanding work). This is probably the only way you could rationalize that some people may in fact have a dangerously stupid idea of masculinity, such as violence, like I have mentioned.

That kind of idiotic shit, while by no means the thinking of an intelligent person, would probably be appropriate to call a toxic, or(IMHO a better way to refer to it) a 'corrupted' form of masculinity that chooses primal, unintelligent behavior over functionality within society and a forgoing self-control, a big part of what several cultures and time periods have stated to be a highly sought after masculine trait. I suppose masculinity and femininity are quite like religion. Generally there are a lot of good people in the groups, and then a few idiots have to get the wrong idea of what they are meant to do with it and ruin it for everyone around them.

what you mention there about the companies hiring people because they are women, perhaps that brings up interesting differences in law. Over here in the UK, hiring people out of stat measuring is called 'positive discrimination' and is deemed an illegal action that can be grounds for lawsuits. After I got told I couldnt have a job because of my sex, I actually took training as an equality and diversity officer, and here, we aren't allowed to select people based on sex, gender identity, sexuality, martial status, age, race, religion, maternity etc. Because the idea of the equality policies was to turn the system into a level playing field for meritocracy to be the deciding factor, doing away with tokenism and trying to meet arbitrary numbers on your staff without pandering to demographics.

TL DR: Masculinity is not toxic in and of itself, but some people have fucking stupid ideas of what makes them a man, and those ideas may be dangerous within society

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Women are not in any way the weaker sex.

First off, Sam Colt did more for equality of sexes than anyone else I of whom I can think..

Second, women have many advantages within society over men.

Everyone has a poker hand they are dealt that has an optimal play.

And martial arts have always been about maximizing the potential of any moment, and the potential of any hand, that we find ourselves dealt or in.

Subtle or blunt, direct or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    Jordan peterson said something along the lines of ‘theres no such thing as toxic masculinity, just masculinity’. Your either masculine or not. Equality is bullshit. There are certain things that women do better than men and vice versa. The whole forced equality thing is bullshit (like hiring quotas and having x amount of women as leaders on a board in a company).

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    Masculinity is not toxic.

Neither is femininity.

People who say otherwise are most probably the toxic ones,
    with their own agenda,
    that is not only not good for everyone else,
    but often self-dishonest and self-destructive for themselves.

EXACTLY

The people who think there is such a thing as toxic masculinity are listening to people who associate their bullshit with their 'masculinity' when it doesnt fit cultural ideas of it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• brend0_
    replied
    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    It's better this way, he used to go door to door. It's only funny once when a shirtless guy in sunglasses knocks on your door* at 7am on a Saturday to ask "have you thought about your relationship with our Lord and Rapist, Dan Severn?"

*Bathroom door.
    Yeah that sounds fair this does sound more efficient.

So he was regularly finding you in the bathroom at 7am on a Saturday then? That sounds like far more pre planning then I have for my bathroom on a weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
    what even the fuck have I just read here?

Honestly found in my experience very few people give a shit about masulinity in training in my experience, and most of the people who used derogatory ideas of 'not man enough' or using 'gay' as an insult were either ninjer larpers, gym-rat teenagers who lack the brain cells to do anything or the usual tools you would expect.

This is probably written by someone who has just watched some MMA fight clips on youtube and decided it stinks too much of teh paytreearkee for their liking.

And what is it with people thinking masculinity isnt inclusive? There's a lot of ways to be manly, historically and culturally trends have changed but there are more ways to express it than ever. Just something to think about when people throw around the ideas of there only being 'toxic' masculinity and the no-real-scotsmen attitude a lot of people have about manliness.
    Masculinity is not toxic.

Neither is femininity.

People who say otherwise are most probably the toxic ones,
    with their own agenda,
    that is not only not good for everyone else,
    but often self-dishonest and self-destructive for themselves.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10/05/2018 8:16pm, .

Leave a comment:

• brend0_
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Sounds like you need to take somebody hunting...

*edit*

Good dog almighty, I spent some time looking at the firearms licensing and registration process for Queensland.
    Yeah I think I did that too a few years ago. All a bit too hard.

From memory for handguns it was crazy, like you had to belong to a handgun club for 6 months and then you could have your own but you couldn't keep it at your house or something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X