Grappling with Hegemonic Masculinity: Masculinity and Heteronormativity in BJJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    I had a grappling match, I think it was the first BJJ Pan American, or maybe the second.

And the guy coaching the other guy was Renzo.

And I understood a fair amount of portuguese.

And Renzo said, "He can't pass your guard, Limao"

And I thought, shit, that is Renzo, maybe I can't pass Limao's guard.

And then I hesitated.

And that was some bullshit.

I should have eaten Limao's liver, handed it on a plate to Renzo, and told Renzo it would go well with a nice Chianti.

All respect to the great Renzo Gracie, of course.

Unless we have to eat his liver.

I'm slightly concerned with how quickly this thread has descended to cannibalism.

Comment

Originally posted by brend0_ View Post
      I'm slightly concerned with how quickly this thread has descended to cannibalism.
      We have all done it.

Don't put on airs.

Comment

Liver is yummy...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
          Liver is yummy...
          Easily once a month with me.
          If not twice.
          Including, for breakfast, with eggs.

Comment

We have all done it.

Don't put on airs.
            Yeah, but I kind of thought rule #1 was don't talk about it. Nobody wants to roll with you if they think you'll take a bite out of them.

....also if i really think about it, discussions about biting the guys you train with probably does more to prove this paper than disprove it.

Comment

Yeah, but I kind of thought rule #1 was don't talk about it. Nobody wants to roll with you if they think you'll take a bite out of them.

....also if i really think about it, discussions about biting the guys you train with probably does more to prove this paper than disprove it.
              There would be less frivolous challenges if the loser was eaten.

Comment

Easily once a month with me.
                If not twice.
                Including, for breakfast, with eggs.
                Preserved elk and deer in liverwurst, thanks to wife.
                I was the cooker.

Comment

Preserved elk and deer in liverwurst, thanks to wife.
                  I was the cooker..
                  Never actually had liver. Have always wanted to try Elk, but I imagine the best I could find here is Australia is some frozen stuff and I'm not sure how good it would be.

Only wild game I've had is kangaroo, and I feel like its hardly considered wild game anymore when you buy it from a supermarket.

There would be less frivolous challenges if the loser was eaten.
                  Okay firstly, that might be my favourite thing I've seen written by you on this site so far. Secondly, think of the effects in terms of reducing street fights when suddenly instead of worrying about all the lava and glass on the ground, you have to worry about being eaten.

Comment

Never actually had liver. Have always wanted to try Elk, but I imagine the best I could find here is Australia is some frozen stuff and I'm not sure how good it would be.

Only wild game I've had is kangaroo, and I feel like its hardly considered wild game anymore when you buy it from a supermarket.

Okay firstly, that might be my favourite thing I've seen written by you on this site so far. Secondly, think of the effects in terms of reducing street fights when suddenly instead of worrying about all the lava and glass on the ground, you have to worry about being eaten.
                    Go hunting New Zealand they have red deer close cousins to American Wapiti also known as elk.

Comment

Red Deer /stag available in New Zealand...

Comment

Red Deer /stag available in New Zealand...

Exotic game on my hunting lease here in Florida as well.

Comment

Exotic game on my hunting lease here in Florida as well.
                          Sitka and Axis?

Or pigs and Anacondas?
                          Last edited by BKR; 10/03/2018 11:15pm, .

Comment

Sitka and Axis?

Or pigs and Anacondas?
                            Actually, all of the above, with the exception that we have had a python that ate a small deer but I don't suspect that it was an anaconda.

There is even water buffalo and Elk, if you can believe it,

And I took a water buffalo that was figuring out who was dominant with another male water buffalo too close to our ground blind when my kids were with me with a 45-70 revolver,

and I took a red deer,

but I have not taken an Elk, because the Elk comes with a take fee that would likely get me locked out of the house.

Mostly, I look for 80 to 100 pound pigs to throw on the chinese box.

Comment

Actually, all of the above, with the exception that we have had a python that ate a small deer but I don't suspect that it was an anaconda.

There is even water buffalo and Elk, if you can believe it,

And I took a water buffalo that was figuring out who was dominant with another male water buffalo too close to our ground blind when my kids were with me with a 45-70 revolver,

and I took a red deer,

but I have not taken an Elk, because the Elk comes with a take fee that would likely get me locked out of the house.

Mostly, I look for 80 to 100 pound pigs to throw on the chinese box.
                              Wapiti and red deer on Florida, news to me.

My Dad has pigs on his place in TX, but we nearly froze trying to catch up to them.

Settled for Rio Grande gobbler.

Comment

Wapiti and red deer on Florida, news to me.

My Dad has pigs on his place in TX, but we nearly froze trying to catch up to them.

Settled for Rio Grande gobbler.
                                The person who runs the lease raises the exotics.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X