Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Braggart.
    Surely someone when you roll gives you trouble.
    Nah. Nobody goes extra rough or gets awkward or gets awkward or anything. Nobody says anything bad to me, either. I just come in and do the same stuff I did before I had boobs and everyone's cool with it.

Comment

Originally posted by kendamu View Post
      Nah. Nobody goes extra rough or gets awkward or gets awkward or anything. Nobody says anything bad to me, either. I just come in and do the same stuff I did before I had boobs and everyone's cool with it.
      What are you talking about?
      First off, occasionally people should go extra rough with you.
      Second off, grappling is inherently awkward at times, you're on crack.
      Third off, if they are not giving you a hard time verbally at times, then you're in trouble.
      Fourth off, your boobs or lack of boobs have nothing to do with it.

Comment

Third off, if they are not giving you a hard time verbally at times, then you're in trouble.
        I'd call a Sankaku Jime being applied from turtle a fairly awkward and uncomfortable experience so I would tend to agree with you there (just the first example that comes to mind).

Was your first comment about braggart just a misunderstood joke about saying nobody gives them trouble sounding like everybody is too easy for them, or did I totally miss your point on that one?

Comment

Are you trying as hard as humanly possible to have zero reading comprehension? Your grasp of context is so non-existent that I feel like you're doing this on purpose.

1) Yes, but they don't go rough BECAUSE I'm trans. They go rough because we're BOTH rolling hard.
          2) If you've been doing grappling for awhile and you still feel awkward being that close to people in unusual positions, that's your problem not mine.
          3) Nobody is giving me a hard time BECAUSE I'm trans. I'm part of the same conversations with the same people as I was before.
          4) No. That's precisely what we're talking about here. The notion that grappling somehow excludes women and LGBT people. I'm in both of those categories and I'm doing just fine on the mat.

I'm sorry that my experience hasn't been as full of anti-LGBT or misogynistic obstacles as you imagined it to be. Turns out some of us live in places where we're not constantly harassed for existing.

I don't remember you being this incredibly stupid. Am I remembering you wrong?

Originally posted by brend0_ View Post
          I'd call a Sankaku Jime being applied from turtle a fairly awkward and uncomfortable experience so I would tend to agree with you there (just the first example that comes to mind).

Was your first comment about braggart just a misunderstood joke about saying nobody gives them trouble sounding like everybody is too easy for them, or did I totally miss your point on that one?
          I was really hoping that's what happened, but I'm gonna stick with "incredibly stupid" until I have reason to believe otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by brend0_ View Post

Yes, the poster made the double entendre that nobody gives them a hard time when they roll.

And they made the mistake of saying nobody gives them a hard time in general.

And I never heard of that in a gym, where the other players did not give one a hard time, in rolls, in work outs, or in any possible teasing point of our personal lives.

Half the reason to go to a gym is for people to give us a hard time.

No holds barred or vale tudo, we used to call it.

Comment

Yes, the poster made the double entendre that nobody gives them a hard time when they roll.

And they made the mistake of saying nobody gives them a hard time in general.

And I never heard of that in a gym, where the other players did not give one a hard time, in rolls, in work outs, or in any possible teasing point of our personal lives.

Half the reason to go to a gym is for people to give us a hard time.
              Okay. So you are just terrible with understanding context. You do know what the thread is about, right? What I'm saying is that I'm not treated unfairly for my trans status. There is no culture of toxic masculinity running rampant in my gym where women and gays can't train. The whole point was, "I haven't experienced the hardships that would be a result of the claims of this paper."

Comment

Are you trying as hard as humanly possible to have zero reading comprehension? Your grasp of context is so non-existent that I feel like you're doing this on purpose.

1) Yes, but they don't go rough BECAUSE I'm trans. They go rough because we're BOTH rolling hard.
                2) If you've been doing grappling for awhile and you still feel awkward being that close to people in unusual positions, that's your problem not mine.
                3) Nobody is giving me a hard time BECAUSE I'm trans. I'm part of the same conversations with the same people as I was before.
                4) No. That's precisely what we're talking about here. The notion that grappling somehow excludes women and LGBT people. I'm in both of those categories and I'm doing just fine on the mat.

I'm sorry that my experience hasn't been as full of anti-LGBT or misogynistic obstacles as you imagined it to be. Turns out some of us live in places where we're not constantly harassed for existing.

I don't remember you being this incredibly stupid. Am I remembering you wrong?

I was really hoping that's what happened, but I'm gonna stick with "incredibly stupid" until I have reason to believe otherwise.
                You're the only person here making an issue that you are "trans".

I took exception to a gym environment that was described as not stomping on you occasionally physically,
                and without regular verbal give-you-shit about any damn thing that would make you squirm.

That has nothing to do with you being "trans".

The whole point of going to a gym is for people to stomp on your occasionally and give you shit about any damn thing.

The point of BJJ training is to learn to be comfortable in uncomfortable positions.

And I have been on the mats for close to three and half decades.

It took me a couple decades to realize that someone sweating in your eye or your mouth is awkward, as is someone sitting on your face, or touching you with their junk.

But, yeah, all of that is awkward when you think about it.

Comment

I took exception to a gym environment that was described as not stomping on you occasionally physically,
                  and without regular verbal give-you-shit about any damn thing that would make you squirm.

The whole point of going to a gym is for people to stomp on your occasionally and give you shit about any damn thing.

The point of BJJ training is to learn to be comfortable in uncomfortable positions.

It took me a couple decades to realize that someone sweating in your eye or your mouth is awkward, as is someone sitting on your face, or touching you with their junk.

Bill, you are writing to..neophytes.

Comment

Okay. So you are just terrible with understanding context. You do know what the thread is about, right? What I'm saying is that I'm not treated unfairly for my trans status. There is no culture of toxic masculinity running rampant in my gym where women and gays can't train. The whole point was, "I haven't experienced the hardships that would be a result of the claims of this paper."
                    That is fine.

The important thing is to experience hardships.

Otherwise, you are not getting your money's worth.

And no, I do not have a problem understanding context.

You said something that could be picked on and I picked on you, like I do everyone else.

And then you, like the stereotype caricature of a vegetarian, cross fit person, fundamentalist religion person, trans person, environmental enthusiast, or blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu, made sure that in this case you got your prius fart word in a few times.

Okay, we get it. You're trans.

But can you do take downs, and submit someone, and throw a jab?

Firearm training?

Because you calling yourself trans or not is nothing I care about, either way.

I have friends who worship imaginary beings, too.

As a self-defense teacher, I don't care.
                    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10/03/2018 9:44pm, .

Comment

I'm sure you've been on the mat for a long time and that you've killed lions with your bare heads (bear hands?) or some shit. That's not even what I have a problem with. It's neither here nor there.

I'm just saying that you can't read for shit.

Look at the second post in this thread. It says:

Just read it.
                      Synopsis: Bullshit.
                      Millennials are pretty open about being queer. I teach 6 openly gay students that I know of ,a few people on the autism spectrum, about 30 women and no one is rude to any of them or I would break their soul. I dont know if everyone at our school is a good person but they are decent enough to pretend to be while they train.
                      Adding to this as it's on-topic, I described my experience in training being nothing outside the norm for a BJJ gym. What's so hard to understand about this?

Comment

That is fine.

The important thing is to experience hardships.

Otherwise, you are not getting your money's worth.

And no, I do not have a problem understanding context.

You said something that could be picked on and I picked on you, like I do everyone else.

And then you, like the stereotype caricature of a vegetarian, cross fit person, fundamentalist religion person, trans person, blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu made sure that in this case you got your prius fart word in a few times.
                        Good one Bill.

Comment

I'm sure you've been on the mat for a long time and that you've killed lions with your bare heads (bear hands?) or some shit. That's not even what I have a problem with. It's neither here nor there.

I'm just saying that you can't read for shit.

Look at the second post in this thread. It says:

Adding to this as it's on-topic, I described my experience in training being nothing outside the norm for a BJJ gym. What's so hard to understand about this?
                          I didn't care until you said people don't give you a hard time.

In a gym environment, that is a red flag.

I am a middle aged leukemia patient, with two artificial hips, in queue for two artificial knees and shoulders due to chemotherapy damage.

You can bet your whatever you call it, they give me a hard time, call me cripple, and then try and stomp me, and then one of us gets stomped.

I don't get to stomp all the time, and sometimes I get stomped, and then we all laugh about it, and call each other the rudest names we can think of some more.

Pretty standard.

Because verbal resiliency is also part of the training.

Eventually, conflict and adversarialism occurs and someone we might otherwise give power to is on the other side of us.

Despite their presence, despite whatever words fly out of their mouth, we must eat their liver, or the liver of the fighter they are coaching.

So, that is part of self-defense training.

Comment

I didn't care until you said people don't give you a hard time.

In a gym environment, that is a red flag.

I am a middle aged leukemia patient, with two artificial hips, in queue for two artificial knees and shoulders due to chemotherapy damage.

You can bet your whatever you call it, they give me a hard time, call me cripple, and then try and stomp me, and then one of us gets stomped.

I don't get to stomp all the time, and sometimes I get stomped, and then we all laugh about it, and call each other the rudest names we can think of some more.

Pretty standard.

Because verbal resiliency is also part of the training.

Eventually, conflict and adversarialism occurs and someone we might otherwise give power to is on the other side of us.

Despite their presence, despite whatever words fly out of their mouth, we must eat their liver, or the liver of the fighter they are coaching.

So, that is part of self-defense training.
                            Good one, yet again.

Not everybody gets it, though. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                              Good one, yet again.

Not everybody gets it, though. Ever.
                              I had a grappling match, I think it was the first BJJ Pan American, or maybe the second.

And the guy coaching the other guy was Renzo.

And I understood a fair amount of portuguese.

And Renzo said, "He can't pass your guard, Limao"

And I thought, shit, that is Renzo, maybe I can't pass Limao's guard.

And then I hesitated.

And that was some bullshit.

I should have eaten Limao's liver, handed it on a plate to Renzo, and told Renzo it would go well with a nice Chianti.

All respect to the great Renzo Gracie, of course.

Unless we have to eat his liver.
                              Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 10/03/2018 10:01pm, .

Comment

I had a grappling match, I think it was the first BJJ Pan American, or maybe the second.

And the guy coaching the other guy was Renzo.

And I understood a fair amount of portuguese.

And Renzo said, "He can't pass your guard, Limao"

And I thought, shit, that is Renzo, maybe I can't pass Limao's guard.

And then I hesitated.

And that was some bullshit.

I should have eaten Limao's liver, handed it on a plate to Renzo, and told it would go well with a nice Chianti.

All respect to the great Renzo Gracie, of course.

Unless we have to eat his liver.
                                Exactly, with respect, fuck him. Renzo would get it.

Or die trying...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X