This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    When you apply the choke. Pop! Your arms closed.
    It speeds up the process quite a bit.
    Yeah, it's not particularly complicated, and if not perfect, will work eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
      Just going to say that my ability to teach BJJ isn't the reason my coach is having me go through the course. Sure he'll let blue belts who want to do it, but the normal expectation is that they will assist other instructors(you know one of our 3 black belts, 2 brown belts, and 5 purple belts). My unique skill set of wrestling that even impressed Andre Galvao puts me in a different than normal blue belt category. As much as I will assist in the regular BJJ instruction, I will be teaching my own class right away in take downs.
      However, again most take downs require instruction is some basics before you can teach the actual thing. It's the time constraint as much as anything that has me a bit worried.
      Demonstrate you know the process of how to safely teach whatever you do, and make sure you use the stuff they taught in the current coaching class.

It's not about the technique, or making everybody an expert in 5 minutes, after all.

For example, make sure you have everybody positioned so that when you change angles on demo, everybody can see it from that angle.

I'm pretty sure you know all this stuff already...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        That's funny, because the BJJ classes I absolutely enjoy the most are the self-defense classes. I mean, I could do that shit all night, every night versus one more complicated De La Riva guard pass, cause even white belts do De La Riva now...

I certainly appreciate the intricacies of action-reaction sequences, and control, and contingencies, but the simplicity of escaping a headlock (front or side) is a lot more satisfying for some reason.

Yeah, guys who have to actually put hands on real violent people appreciate practical stuff, for sure.
        My favorite is the standing spin-to-RNC. Shit is gold.
        Fun facts:My teachers started with Steve at Maxercise pre-ufc. Steve's son Zak Maxwell has a competition victory over Kron Gracie.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
          Oh, I'll have a plan, and I'll leave my biomechanical explanation of principles at the door. I know no one wants to hear that anyway. Basically I think I'm going to go with with 3 things that I have planned out and choose the one that will best fit the time. Two of the three will include a choke for cardio guys to try and defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
            Darc, RNC, sweep from guard?
            Darce, LOL, dude, that's wayyyy too complicated.

Comment

Darce from backmount escape... white belt stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                My favorite is the standing spin-to-RNC. Shit is gold.
                Fun facts:My teachers started with Steve at Maxercise pre-ufc. Steve's son Zak Maxwell has a competition victory over Kron Gracie.
                Funny as hell, I was thinking the same thing. Like, Michael tells Ninjer or aikidoka to take some fancy kamae (combative posture), then does the standing spin entry to RNC.

Of course, the urge to double leg will be strong and must be resisted...

Here, these guys are even Israeli, I think.

or...

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                  The Darce is an odd squeeze for people that dont know how to squeeze. Day 1 white belts cant get the RNC right.

Comment

If you say so, master purple belt.

I in fact love all those various head and arm type chokes, but in competitive Judo the gi really gets in the way.

But I'm no expert, can't even really do one because of loss of shoulder mobility.

Comment

We're in YMAS FFS!!!

Comment

We're in YMAS FFS!!!
                        We are trying to lure Tyrone back with serious technical discussion.

Anything else triggers him, so we have to tread lightly...

Comment

Tyrone?

Comment

Tyrone?
                            He who recently flowered-out of bs.net.

Comment

Comment

Why, yes, of course !

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X