X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I can't help but read that as street vs sport. Totally my bias of course.
    See the thread I started here for the instructor's take.
    https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=127887

Having done both I don't disagree with him.

Leave a comment:

• lant3rn
    replied
    Sports are fun... there is no fun aloud in martial arts... it's very serious. all the time... you over there stop smiling.

I don't get the difference between general fitness and fitness... what does the word general change about fitness?

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Guird View Post
    I get the impression the question isn't about 'str33t' but about 'respect and honor' or something along those lines.
    Originally posted by Michael
    3) Explain the difference between sports and martial arts

Leave a comment:

• Guird
    replied
    There is an essay question on Str33t vs Sport? ... can you just link a thread from here?
    I get the impression the question isn't about 'str33t' but about 'respect and honor' or something along those lines.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    So... Apparently his Jiu Jitsu predated Jiu Jitsu. He apparently has the r3al Jits.
    A squinty eyed Jesus figure stomped his foot on a rock and yelled "Kiaaaaaurrg". The rest is history.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    There is an essay question on Str33t vs Sport? ... can you just link a thread from here?

Leave a comment:

• Moenstah
    replied
    Pfft... One of the JJJ guys claims he can trace his schools lineage back more than 2000 years. I'd like to see that too. I wish these were all going to be public, then I could start a new thread and like share a story a day.
    Lol, what ryu? Of course it will be fake, but just for the fun of ripping its claims to shreds

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Dude, Japan isn't even that old. I mean sorta yea, but come on. Let's see Wiki... Feudal era Japan @ 1100. Bruh

EDIT: It sez JJJ origins during Sengoku period, which is 1400
    So... Apparently his Jiu Jitsu predated Jiu Jitsu. He apparently has the r3al Jits.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Pfft... One of the JJJ guys claims he can trace his schools lineage back more than 2000 years. I'd like to see that too. I wish these were all going to be public, then I could start a new thread and like share a story a day.
    Dude, Japan isn't even that old. I mean sorta yea, but come on. Let's see Wiki... Feudal era Japan @ 1100. Bruh

EDIT: It sez JJJ origins during Sengoku period, which is 1400
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 6/16/2018 1:43pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    On the other hand, it will be funny to see what lineages the ninjas will come up with.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    On the other hand, it will be funny to see what lineages the ninjas will come up with.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Something something Korea, then Kano
    We're supposed to trace lineage as far as we can because supposedly the longer the lineage the greater the legitimacy. Me I don't get it. I want effectiveness, not to know that someone's great great grandpa did it just this way.

That's just one that makes me feel like the alien in the room. Same thing about the philosophy one. Honestly, I've never given much thought to BJJ philosophy, I just like grappling. Not that BJJ/GJJ even has a single unified philosophy. I mean sure people talk about BJJ lifestyle, but I'm pretty sure that means something different to Royce Gracie, Andre Galvao and Eddie Bravo.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    So anyone know who taught Maeda?
    Something something Korea, then Kano

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Essay Questions.

1) Draw the family tree of your school, from you and above, your teachers, teacher's teachers and so on

2) Name your method, describe the principles that characterize the way you believe and the uniqueness of your method and school

3) Explain the difference between sports and martial arts

4) What are the principles of planning

5) Build a 60-minute lesson for beginners, a basic lesson.

6) When you examine the method and the way you learn and teach, explain how you define it combines the importance of: technique, fitness and fighting spirit

7) What are the principles guiding warm up before your workout

8) What is the difference between general fitness and fitness?

9) A 16-year-old student is very talented, violently acting for his teammates in couples exercises. He was determined as someone who chooses weak and less trained partners. How to handle the issue

We're allowed to talk these over with our coaches and other instructors in our club, so I figure there is no problem discussing them here.

So anyone know who taught Maeda?

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    "I'm having trouble passing the guard of a stocky guy, he always seems to..."

"Heel hook."

"When I find myself in a scramble, I..."

"Heel hook!"

"I was doing my taxes, and the deduction for..."

"HEEL HOOK!"
    As one of my higher-level Judo coaches told me years ago the answer is Osoto Gari...

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X