This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The Hulk trains with Rickson. The Titan doesn't stand a chance.

No dice. Thanos gnped the Hulk into purple pillow mode. He’s looking for a WWE job now.

Comment

Did you begin with the slow even squeeze or did you pop into your squeeze? I have dropped a few people in combative situations in 3 Mississippi's. I have noticed if you snap into the squeeze where it's almost impact like it shaves the time down pretty good.
      Gradual. We wrap it around and ask them if they're ready. When they raise the hand we squeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
        No dice. Thanos gnped the Hulk into purple pillow mode. He’s looking for a WWE job now.
        You're ridiculous. I meant in real life. That's just a movie.

Comment

You're ridiculous. I meant in real life. That's just a movie.

Comment

So do they teach the proper way to choke someone in this combat sport instructor course? Cause if they do it should refute the teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
              So do they teach the proper way to choke someone in this combat sport instructor course? Cause if they do it should refute the teacher.
              Hehe, so this reminds me of a similar story...

This was about 12-13 years ago. Used to bounce at an Irish bar. Myself and another guy did bjj, but the owners decided to bring a guy in to tell us how to throw people out without hurting them. To paraphrase, he was from Kim’s Karate. Your visualizations are most likely on cue...

Everything he showed was pressure points. My friend and I just took the situations he demoed and applied bjj as we were both blue belts and had a reasonable understanding of the game at that time. . Instead of fiddling with your big thumb we’d just move to your back. He sees us, chastised us, and told us to do it his way (pressure points). So we try and my buddy can’t make them work on me. He comes over to demo but he can’t make them work on me either. “Man you’re weird?!” He says. ��

So we’re bth wearing shirts of our respective gyms, and he’s like “oh you guys are Gracie boys! You should come over so we can show you how to escape subs. We use pressure points that are illegal in ufc to escape” promptly followed by the worlds worst rnc demo by his partner. I ask him if he’d be willing to try it on me and he says “no- you’ll have to come by the school when we’ve got time.”

This man turned out to be ed iannuichi- he’s the one that teachers all the “bouncers” in philly now as per Philadelphia law. It’s a shame, because this guy is a fucking tool and he’s still showing pressure point shit when he’s not bragging about people he allegedly beat up....

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                Hehe, so this reminds me of a similar story...

This was about 12-13 years ago. Used to bounce at an Irish bar. Myself and another guy did bjj, but the owners decided to bring a guy in to tell us how to throw people out without hurting them. To paraphrase, he was from Kim’s Karate. Your visualizations are most likely on cue...

Everything he showed was pressure points. My friend and I just took the situations he demoed and applied bjj as we were both blue belts and had a reasonable understanding of the game at that time. . Instead of fiddling with your big thumb we’d just move to your back. He sees us, chastised us, and told us to do it his way (pressure points). So we try and my buddy can’t make them work on me. He comes over to demo but he can’t make them work on me either. “Man you’re weird?!” He says. ��

So we’re bth wearing shirts of our respective gyms, and he’s like “oh you guys are Gracie boys! You should come over so we can show you how to escape subs. We use pressure points that are illegal in ufc to escape” promptly followed by the worlds worst rnc demo by his partner. I ask him if he’d be willing to try it on me and he says “no- you’ll have to come by the school when we’ve got time.”

This man turned out to be ed iannuichi- he’s the one that teachers all the “bouncers” in philly now as per Philadelphia law. It’s a shame, because this guy is a fucking tool and he’s still showing pressure point shit when he’s not bragging about people he allegedly beat up....
                Balance does that in Philly. Or did for a particularly large club at least. Phil got us into the VIP with a table because of it.

Comment

Balance does that in Philly. Or did for a particularly large club at least. Phil got us into the VIP with a table because of it.
                  Ricky and Timmy used to bounce at Glam on 2nd street back in the day. This “bouncer” law only applies to independent security companies, no lt individuals employed by the bar. Somehow iannuchi gets a lot of business from the city because he greased the right palms. It’s so embarrassing the type of people in this city.

Had an interview with a reporter after some girl was kidnapped in the city and it was caught on video. Wanted to know what she could’ve done to defend herself and all that shit, but I didn’t give them simple answers because it’s not a simple solution. I could tell she was fishing for certain things, and they edited what I had said to fit their narrative.

Some people already know the answers to the questions they ask, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                    Um... no. I can't find the exact number hours currently for whatever reason, but you need so many academic hours in the following subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology, First Aid, and practical instruction. You also need 56hours internship with you own coach. Actual combative techniques are not taught.

EDIT:
                    I will have to sit through a class taught by each of my fellow students, so a lot of KM, some Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Aikido, Karate... and lonely me with BJJ.

Comment

Clearly this US Marine needs to work on his cardio:

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                        You should follow up every lesson with "so, you have that two minutes to not pass out from an RNC?" Kind of like the Monty Python H2H combat instructor sketch.
                        "Don't worry, bro. It's not going to take anywhere near two minutes. You're going to be unconscious before you can say 'this class is a total waste of everyone's time, and you should disregard everything being taught if you don't want to get killed.'"

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
                          "Don't worry, bro. It's not going to take anywhere near two minutes. You're going to be unconscious before you can say 'this class is a total waste of everyone's time, and you should disregard everything being taught if you don't want to get killed.'"
                          LOLOLOLOLOL... Yeah but then I would probably get kicked out with prejudice.

That's the thing it isn't all total garbage. Some of it is solid information(so far just basic anatomy and physiology. The First Aid part is going to be taught by the MDA(Israeli Red Cross) folks, so that will be solid. I don't know about the training theory and psych parts will go... I'm sure if it is horseshit I'll share it here. Though those parts will be taught by a different instructor. Each has to be taught by someone with the credentials to be considered a subject matter expert.

The most awkward part will be being the only blue belt in the room when we hit the practical. All other martial arts you have to be Black Belt to qualify for the course. The ministry of sport, however, has decided that a BJJ blue belt is equal to a black belt in other martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                            Clearly this US Marine needs to work on his cardio:
                            Nice one, but that's no Marine. Whoever made the vid caption doesn't know the difference in uniform.

Comment

Whats this course allow you to do michael? Teach mma?

An rnc is pretty clear cut kinda choke, like if the arms are positioned then your screwed. Its not like a triangle choke where you can be in position but sometimes need to adjust something. Everyone knows the rnc like you cant misunderstand it, there are alot of bullshit escapes for it but regardless of that its because people understand that its dangerous.

The misinterpretation with grappling arts is people only see the ground work and dont understand it. The biggest thing they dont see is when someone gets taken down. They’ll be in for a shock when you rip their legs out from under them,the psychological effect is massive too. My first one sort of went like this:

* room spinning, me seeing the roof, my body hitting the mats, fear, “wtf just happened”, “ohh shit”, other person establishes control, feel their weight, “mum help!”*.

Ive been doing alot of double leg practice lately with one of the purple belts. Ive gotten better because he’s helped me alot. What i learnt is if you have even 1 leg and drive hard, even if they try to sprall or hop for balance they will eventually topple if you are committed. No secret kung fu, no deadly street art tech will stop this. Only option is get ready to break fall and try to recover/escape.

In the science community when ever somone makes a claim or theory its backed by research they have conducted on the topic. In the MA world for some reason this never happens when somone makes unorthodox claims (like the rnc thing).

Comment

At the conclusion of the course you get two certificates. The first is the Basic Martial Arts Trainer/Coach certificate. The second certificate is in the particular recognized combat sport that you desire to teach. So for instance when I'm done I'll have the Basic Martial Arts Trainer cert and a Brazillian Jiu Jitsu Instructor Cert. That will allow me to teach Brazillian Jiu Jitsu legally and be fully insured. You can apply to be tested in your ability to instruct 1 branch of martial arts per year. As of 2016 Olympic Sports such as Judo, Wrestling and Boxing are now governed by their own leagues and the IsOC. MMA isn't one of the recognized branches of martial arts, you would have to have an instructor cert in the various sports that make it up, usually BJJ and Kickboxing.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X