X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    You should follow up every lesson with "so, you have that two minutes to not pass out from an RNC?" Kind of like the Monty Python H2H combat instructor sketch.
    "Don't worry, bro. It's not going to take anywhere near two minutes. You're going to be unconscious before you can say 'this class is a total waste of everyone's time, and you should disregard everything being taught if you don't want to get killed.'"

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Clearly this US Marine needs to work on his cardio:

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    So do they teach the proper way to choke someone in this combat sport instructor course? Cause if they do it should refute the teacher.
    Um... no. I can't find the exact number hours currently for whatever reason, but you need so many academic hours in the following subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, Psychology, First Aid, and practical instruction. You also need 56hours internship with you own coach. Actual combative techniques are not taught.

EDIT:
    I will have to sit through a class taught by each of my fellow students, so a lot of KM, some Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Aikido, Karate... and lonely me with BJJ.

Leave a comment:

• Gumby
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Balance does that in Philly. Or did for a particularly large club at least. Phil got us into the VIP with a table because of it.
    Ricky and Timmy used to bounce at Glam on 2nd street back in the day. This “bouncer” law only applies to independent security companies, no lt individuals employed by the bar. Somehow iannuchi gets a lot of business from the city because he greased the right palms. It’s so embarrassing the type of people in this city.

Had an interview with a reporter after some girl was kidnapped in the city and it was caught on video. Wanted to know what she could’ve done to defend herself and all that shit, but I didn’t give them simple answers because it’s not a simple solution. I could tell she was fishing for certain things, and they edited what I had said to fit their narrative.

Some people already know the answers to the questions they ask, you know?

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Gumby View Post
    Hehe, so this reminds me of a similar story...

This was about 12-13 years ago. Used to bounce at an Irish bar. Myself and another guy did bjj, but the owners decided to bring a guy in to tell us how to throw people out without hurting them. To paraphrase, he was from Kim’s Karate. Your visualizations are most likely on cue...

Everything he showed was pressure points. My friend and I just took the situations he demoed and applied bjj as we were both blue belts and had a reasonable understanding of the game at that time. . Instead of fiddling with your big thumb we’d just move to your back. He sees us, chastised us, and told us to do it his way (pressure points). So we try and my buddy can’t make them work on me. He comes over to demo but he can’t make them work on me either. “Man you’re weird?!” He says. ��

So we’re bth wearing shirts of our respective gyms, and he’s like “oh you guys are Gracie boys! You should come over so we can show you how to escape subs. We use pressure points that are illegal in ufc to escape” promptly followed by the worlds worst rnc demo by his partner. I ask him if he’d be willing to try it on me and he says “no- you’ll have to come by the school when we’ve got time.”

This man turned out to be ed iannuichi- he’s the one that teachers all the “bouncers” in philly now as per Philadelphia law. It’s a shame, because this guy is a fucking tool and he’s still showing pressure point shit when he’s not bragging about people he allegedly beat up....
    Balance does that in Philly. Or did for a particularly large club at least. Phil got us into the VIP with a table because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Gumby
    replied
    Originally posted by Permalost View Post
    So do they teach the proper way to choke someone in this combat sport instructor course? Cause if they do it should refute the teacher.
    Hehe, so this reminds me of a similar story...

This was about 12-13 years ago. Used to bounce at an Irish bar. Myself and another guy did bjj, but the owners decided to bring a guy in to tell us how to throw people out without hurting them. To paraphrase, he was from Kim’s Karate. Your visualizations are most likely on cue...

Everything he showed was pressure points. My friend and I just took the situations he demoed and applied bjj as we were both blue belts and had a reasonable understanding of the game at that time. . Instead of fiddling with your big thumb we’d just move to your back. He sees us, chastised us, and told us to do it his way (pressure points). So we try and my buddy can’t make them work on me. He comes over to demo but he can’t make them work on me either. “Man you’re weird?!” He says. ��

So we’re bth wearing shirts of our respective gyms, and he’s like “oh you guys are Gracie boys! You should come over so we can show you how to escape subs. We use pressure points that are illegal in ufc to escape” promptly followed by the worlds worst rnc demo by his partner. I ask him if he’d be willing to try it on me and he says “no- you’ll have to come by the school when we’ve got time.”

This man turned out to be ed iannuichi- he’s the one that teachers all the “bouncers” in philly now as per Philadelphia law. It’s a shame, because this guy is a fucking tool and he’s still showing pressure point shit when he’s not bragging about people he allegedly beat up....

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    You're ridiculous. I meant in real life. That's just a movie.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BJMills View Post
    No dice. Thanos gnped the Hulk into purple pillow mode. He’s looking for a WWE job now.
    You're ridiculous. I meant in real life. That's just a movie.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Supreme
    replied
    Did you begin with the slow even squeeze or did you pop into your squeeze? I have dropped a few people in combative situations in 3 Mississippi's. I have noticed if you snap into the squeeze where it's almost impact like it shaves the time down pretty good.
    Gradual. We wrap it around and ask them if they're ready. When they raise the hand we squeeze.

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    The Hulk trains with Rickson. The Titan doesn't stand a chance.

No dice. Thanos gnped the Hulk into purple pillow mode. He’s looking for a WWE job now.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    You should follow up every lesson with "so, you have that two minutes to not pass out from an RNC?" Kind of like the Monty Python H2H combat instructor sketch.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    10 would be a long time IME. Maybe a guy with a neck like Thanos...
    Completely unscientific, but I think that I'm hard to choke because my neck is pencil-thin, like embarrassingly so. Under 14 inches.

Leave a comment:

• cualltaigh
    replied
    Originally posted by NeilG View Post
    What's the outside on a properly sunk choke, about 10 seconds before lights out?
    We train to count to ten when we have a choke on. If they haven’t tapped or napped by then you know it isn’t sunk in fully and need to readjust.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    10 would be a long time IME. Maybe a guy with a neck like Thanos...
    The Hulk trains with Rickson. The Titan doesn't stand a chance.

Last edited by Raycetpfl; 5/04/2018 4:54pm, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X