X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    Wait so theres 2 ninjas? Jkn sounds like he actually belives hes an actual ninja like a character from a bad 1980’s film.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    GN continues his seduction attempts. His love interest has chosen to sit as far away from him in the room as possible. The instructor opens up with some talk about psychology and how the same basic strategies that we are going to learn here are good for all of life. How when we talk to people we have to both listen to their verbal communication as well as their body language.

So the instructor has us then break up into groups, and we are supposed to take a walk, choose a leader and figure out among ourselves what the most important thing an instructor can have is. So the four ninjas form a group, GN is selected as the leader of our in house foot clan.

When we come back he stands in front of the class and says the most important thing to have is emotional intelligence. Yes the guy who can't figure out that he has totally creeped a young lady out, is saying emotional intelligence. He then goes on some odd ramble about water, and how it represents emotion and emotional intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    They have to get signed off on by all of the instructors for all four modules. I'm pretty sure JKN has failed the course, but the contract states that unless he commits a substantial violation of ethics(not just talk like a lion) he is allowed to finish the course.

GN is probably well on his way to failing and if he doesn't back off the girl, he is probably going to be shown the door.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    He sounds like the kind of guy who would abuse his position as instructor in order to get sex from his students.

I'd suggest he should not pass the course unless he stops harassing the woman. Alternatively, she should just kick his ass.
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Hi Michael,

Totally unrelated but, there is a thing that intrigues me regarding the developement of Military H2H in Israel. How influential was Moshe Feldenkrais work if any?
    Military H2H in Israel started with Ord Wingate, a British commando that trained Israelis contrary to orders, and Imi Lichtenstein. It was developed a bit further later on by Roni Klugger and Guy Mor. That is the official history. Beyond that I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    He sounds like the kind of guy who would abuse his position as instructor in order to get sex from his students.

I'd suggest he should not pass the course unless he stops harassing the woman. Alternatively, she should just kick his ass.
    More cult-leader material/behvior.

Is there a mechanism by which that type does not pass the training and thus cannot legally teach martial arts ?

'Cause that guy is a danger to society...
    They have to get signed off on by all of the instructors for all four modules. I'm pretty sure JKN has failed the course, but the contract states that unless he commits a substantial violation of ethics(not just talk like a lion) he is allowed to finish the course.

GN is probably well on his way to failing and if he doesn't back off the girl, he is probably going to be shown the door.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Final story for today. The instructor said there are two general types of people who take martial arts. My degree isn't in sports psych so forgive me if I get the terms a bit wrong as I'm translating them. Competition oriented(their primary drive is to do better than others) and fulfillment oriented(their primary drive is self improvement).

Now this was supposed to be the last thing, and only take a few minutes. However GN and an Aikido guy who continually disturbed class with his cell phone(CP after this) decided to argue. Well GN started the argument with how those distinctions don't really exist.

The instructor then tried to explain that if you take serious international competitors they hate to lose, and their loses typically eat them up.

CP decides to come to GN's defense at this point and makes the claim that this year's world champion doesn't care if he loses next year. He knows that this is how things go sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

The argument presses on for a good 30 minutes. The instructor then asks if anyone has ever competed on a national or international level. Sadly, I'm the only one who has. He asks me about my international record and if I remember my wins(aside from a couple of notable ones I don't). He asks me if I remember my losses, to which I say every one of them. He uses me and a few other notable examples to make his point.

GN and CP are still arguing. He asks them if they have ever competed in anything. They both answer that they haven't. At this point the instructor basically gives up, and says he doesn't think he can explain it any better. Honestly, if CP didn't keep trying to shout over his explanation they may have understood it better.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Why not both? Having his ass kicked by the lady on top of not getting his teaching license can lead to seppuku with frisbee like a real ninjer. Everybody wins.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Well the day had it's share of pure gold. First about the instructor. He has 2Phds in psych, one in clinical psychology and one in sports psych. He specializes in trauma therapy, and is also one of the on staff sport psychologists for the Israeli Judo, Wrestling, and Jiu Jitsu national teams.

Today we were dealing with child psych aspects of being a martial arts instructor in Israel. Martial arts instructors are mandatory reporters. There are numerous psychological issues for which children may be prescribed physical activity and even specifically martial arts, and thus we become part of their treatment system. The ministry of culture and sport also sees children's martial arts instruction as part of their education, socialization and cultural indoctrination. Thus with all of that we have to care about our children students, listen to them, have empathy and strive to be good role models.

At this point John Kreese Ninja(JKN) raises his hand. I was hoping this was going to be good, and he did not disappoint. JKN said, "What if I don't want to be an empathetic role model?".

The instructor asks why he wouldn't.

JKN: "I've spent seven years to become a shidoshi, I'm now a (something I couldn't quite understand/hear), my students are my genin. They are supposed to just do what I say.

Instructor: That may work for adults, we'll talk about that next time, but that isn't how you train children. They are going to have varying emotions, and it is your job to help them deal with them.

JKN: Emotion is a weakness in ninja. At most we would tell our students to detach themselves from their emotions and bury them.

Instructor: You should probably find something else to do, Martial arts instruction is not for you.

Instructor then says, he is going to mix things up from his original plan, and then launches in how to identify psychopathy in adults. Most of the students are shooting JKN looks. Good for JKN and his ego he totally doesn't notice. He sat next to the mirrors this time, and kept flexing, checking himself out, fixing his hair and adjusting his baseball cap. Since I have a psych degree I only partially paid attention during the abnormal psych bit. Instead, I spent that hour plus amusing myself timing the intervals between JKN checking himself in the mirror. Shortest interval was 4seconds, longest was 65, average was 15.
    More cult-leader material/behvior.

Is there a mechanism by which that type does not pass the training and thus cannot legally teach martial arts ?

'Cause that guy is a danger to society...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    GN continues his seduction attempts. His love interest has chosen to sit as far away from him in the room as possible. The instructor opens up with some talk about psychology and how the same basic strategies that we are going to learn here are good for all of life. How when we talk to people we have to both listen to their verbal communication as well as their body language.

So the instructor has us then break up into groups, and we are supposed to take a walk, choose a leader and figure out among ourselves what the most important thing an instructor can have is. So the four ninjas form a group, GN is selected as the leader of our in house foot clan.

When we come back he stands in front of the class and says the most important thing to have is emotional intelligence. Yes the guy who can't figure out that he has totally creeped a young lady out, is saying emotional intelligence. He then goes on some odd ramble about water, and how it represents emotion and emotional intelligence.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Hi Michael,

Totally unrelated but, there is a thing that intrigues me regarding the developement of Military H2H in Israel. How influential was Moshe Feldenkrais work if any?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Well the day had it's share of pure gold. First about the instructor. He has 2Phds in psych, one in clinical psychology and one in sports psych. He specializes in trauma therapy, and is also one of the on staff sport psychologists for the Israeli Judo, Wrestling, and Jiu Jitsu national teams.

Today we were dealing with child psych aspects of being a martial arts instructor in Israel. Martial arts instructors are mandatory reporters. There are numerous psychological issues for which children may be prescribed physical activity and even specifically martial arts, and thus we become part of their treatment system. The ministry of culture and sport also sees children's martial arts instruction as part of their education, socialization and cultural indoctrination. Thus with all of that we have to care about our children students, listen to them, have empathy and strive to be good role models.

At this point John Kreese Ninja(JKN) raises his hand. I was hoping this was going to be good, and he did not disappoint. JKN said, "What if I don't want to be an empathetic role model?".

The instructor asks why he wouldn't.

JKN: "I've spent seven years to become a shidoshi, I'm now a (something I couldn't quite understand/hear), my students are my genin. They are supposed to just do what I say.

Instructor: That may work for adults, we'll talk about that next time, but that isn't how you train children. They are going to have varying emotions, and it is your job to help them deal with them.

JKN: Emotion is a weakness in ninja. At most we would tell our students to detach themselves from their emotions and bury them.

Instructor: You should probably find something else to do, Martial arts instruction is not for you.

Instructor then says, he is going to mix things up from his original plan, and then launches in how to identify psychopathy in adults. Most of the students are shooting JKN looks. Good for JKN and his ego he totally doesn't notice. He sat next to the mirrors this time, and kept flexing, checking himself out, fixing his hair and adjusting his baseball cap. Since I have a psych degree I only partially paid attention during the abnormal psych bit. Instead, I spent that hour plus amusing myself timing the intervals between JKN checking himself in the mirror. Shortest interval was 4seconds, longest was 65, average was 15.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Ooooh, change in schedule. Instead of teaching theory we have psychology for combat sport instructors. This one has real promise.

Leave a comment:

• ghost55
    replied
    It is classroom day, so there should be updates incoming later.
    Penis

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    Oh man. This is by far my current favorite thread.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X