X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    OMFG JKN just came in in his ninja get up. It is a black Judo gi, that has been washed in bleach water to brown it out in places. It also has karate style ties seen in. He has with him a small arsenal of weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    GN thinks my finger tape is funny. I think his hat knife thingy is funny.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    On my way to administer some cardio fitness exams. Will update as I have the opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Do what you like but last time gene choked an aikidoka like that they shit themselves. Maybe get some plastic sheeting and wear boots.
    Well the way we typically start teaching RNC is with the UKE sitting. So if he messes himself... Well hopefully I'll smell it before it leaks through. Though maybe I'll take an extra gi along just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Nah... I'll just choke him out real well using an RNC Judo Gene style, where you count backward from 20 and then let go. Let him blow bubbles and spasm a bit.

If he tries to poke my eyes I'll just pull that triangle tighter. I've had people do that twice in wrestling when I was pinning them and new spazzes a good 5 times in BJJ it worked to get me off the guy in wrestling once. The second time I held out for the pin and had a lazy eye for two weeks after. So it doesn't scare me. I'll just make him pay for it.
    Do what you like but last time gene choked an aikidoka like that they shit themselves. Maybe get some plastic sheeting and wear boots.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Yeah if someone really had their heart set on learning Ninjutsu that would be where I would send them. They have live grappling sparring. Live striking sparring. Live MMA sparring. Somehow they fit all that into the Ninja thing. I don't want to misquote anybody, but I've heard from some Akban guys that on the original rolls of black belts in whatever Hatsumi teaches, up until 1983 Hayes wasn't listed. Then when it become commercially viable suddenly he was a black belt. Then a slew of others soon followed. I mean I hate the whole "real Buj" thing, but that is there story. Like I said I don't argue with people who have professional MMA records with more wins than losses.
    I agree with no argue with guys like that. If they want to call in ninjutsu, more power to them.

Hatsumi is pretty much a recognized..well, fraud might be too strong a term.

I confess to having a copy of Hayes's original book around somewhere. His story on his intro to it was interesting. I read it back in the late 70s. Started Judo in June 1980, so I soon got a dose of reality. Especially watching my coach combine shorinryu karate with Judo with his karate sensei. Let's just say karate sensei went flying a lot, and the guy was no kata weenie, either.

I think that basically a good grappler needs to know how and practice enough to have reflexes to avoid getting punched/kicked/elbowed/kneed, not be anything more than mediocre at striking at best.

When I was running the judo program at Tulane, I did some okinawan karate and TKD. I had to get the reflexes down for getting punched/kicked, once I had that, closing the gap was not too hard. Now, the black belt TKD guy was amazing, and he could catch me with kicks (dude was super fast, super flexible, and not a skinny wimp) from crazy angles.

anyway, enough stupid anecdotes.

Looking forward to your next installment...

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Interesting, I think there's a threat somewhere here about akban.
    Remember watching some of their videos where they were training and I'm like those guys know Judo or sombo they're not dicking around all the time.
    Yeah if someone really had their heart set on learning Ninjutsu that would be where I would send them. They have live grappling sparring. Live striking sparring. Live MMA sparring. Somehow they fit all that into the Ninja thing. I don't want to misquote anybody, but I've heard from some Akban guys that on the original rolls of black belts in whatever Hatsumi teaches, up until 1983 Hayes wasn't listed. Then when it become commercially viable suddenly he was a black belt. Then a slew of others soon followed. I mean I hate the whole "real Buj" thing, but that is there story. Like I said I don't argue with people who have professional MMA records with more wins than losses.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Yeah, I'm not going to mess with an Akban guy. If a dude has a black belt form Akban he is a legit fighter, I don't care if he plays with throwing stars and and other funny things. Let me explain. The head guy of Akban was like pre-Hayes Buj/Togakure whatever they called themselves back then, and claims that you had to seriously be able to fight... until that is Hayes came along and made a money making machine out of it and it all went McDojo, which he claims is why they broke away. Now that alone probably won't convince you. But if you ever read a Hayes book, or a Hatsumi book(come on I know most of you did) about Ninja being adaptable and taking what works... Well these guys took all that to heart. They seriously cross train in Judo, BJJ and Muy Tai. It takes something like 12-15 years to get a black belt there.

Again, to this point probably still not completely impressive. Here is the real kicker, a lot of their black belts compete on the local amateur and professional MMA circuit, and win more than they lose. So, if they play with smoke bombs, shurkien and grappling hooks to spice things up, who am I to argue, they can and do regularly step into a polygonal ring and throw down. One of my guiding principles in life is to not talk trash on people who get paid to fight MMA.
    Interesting, I think there's a threat somewhere here about akban.
    Remember watching some of their videos where they were training and I'm like those guys know Judo or sombo they're not dicking around all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Funny as hell, I was thinking the same thing. Like, Michael tells Ninjer or aikidoka to take some fancy kamae (combative posture), then does the standing spin entry to RNC.

Of course, the urge to double leg will be strong and must be resisted...

Here, these guys are even Israeli, I think.
    Yeah, I'm not going to mess with an Akban guy. If a dude has a black belt form Akban he is a legit fighter, I don't care if he plays with throwing stars and and other funny things. Let me explain. The head guy of Akban was like pre-Hayes Buj/Togakure whatever they called themselves back then, and claims that you had to seriously be able to fight... until that is Hayes came along and made a money making machine out of it and it all went McDojo, which he claims is why they broke away. Now that alone probably won't convince you. But if you ever read a Hayes book, or a Hatsumi book(come on I know most of you did) about Ninja being adaptable and taking what works... Well these guys took all that to heart. They seriously cross train in Judo, BJJ and Muy Tai. It takes something like 12-15 years to get a black belt there.

Again, to this point probably still not completely impressive. Here is the real kicker, a lot of their black belts compete on the local amateur and professional MMA circuit, and win more than they lose. So, if they play with smoke bombs, shurkien and grappling hooks to spice things up, who am I to argue, they can and do regularly step into a polygonal ring and throw down. One of my guiding principles in life is to not talk trash on people who get paid to fight MMA.

Leave a comment:

• lant3rn
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    See if you can get their parents to revoke their moose riding privileges for poor practice performances?
    That's a national right up here, would be considered child abuse.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
    MT: "Here's how to do a thing that actually works.

JKN: That will not work.

MT: OK, I'll do it, you show me how you will make it not work.

[ambulance siren]
    Nah... I'll just choke him out real well using an RNC Judo Gene style, where you count backward from 20 and then let go. Let him blow bubbles and spasm a bit.

If he tries to poke my eyes I'll just pull that triangle tighter. I've had people do that twice in wrestling when I was pinning them and new spazzes a good 5 times in BJJ it worked to get me off the guy in wrestling once. The second time I held out for the pin and had a lazy eye for two weeks after. So it doesn't scare me. I'll just make him pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    See if you can get their parents to revoke their moose riding privileges for poor practice performances?
    Nothing that drastic I'd say just take cell phones away.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by The Cap View Post
    U21. Gentlest soul in that club, hell of a positive example of the modesty of full contact martial artists.
    Absolutely

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    ...the truly good stuff is yet to come.
    MT: "Here's how to do a thing that actually works.

JKN: That will not work.

MT: OK, I'll do it, you show me how you will make it not work.

[ambulance siren]

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    This highly confident and well-raised Canadian kids don't respond to verbal abuse.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X