This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
    Guys, WTF!?!? This thread is becoming entirely to productive and informative.

I need more ninjers and chunners!
    We're trying to bring Quality Technical comments back to bullshido regardless of thread or topic.

No more flowering out...

Comment

Originally posted by The Cap View Post
      Are you perhaps describing some U21 winning Viking from the West coast? I used to coach Tristan some six years ago before my knees quit judo (it was them, I swear, not me). He was just a skinny fourteen year old of barely 100 kilos then. If these surgeries ever pan out and I get back on the mat... Well I just hope I have some carryover respect left from then. 0_0
      No Tristan doesn't do lifts, he does pretty standard Judo.

Kids I'm thinking of are from Ontario, brothers.

I believe Tristan got silver this year I watched most of his matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        Have you tried making them wear pink belts and insulting them until they try harder?

This highly confident and well-raised Canadian kids don't respond to verbal abuse.

Believe me I've tried.

I'm sure you understand by now then not everyone is as OCD about training as for example yourself or myself before I destroyed my body doing it.

However one of them is and has been training at the Western Canadian Regional Training Center and got selected for the cadet PanAm Judo team. The other after competing in the Canadian Cup will be going on a European tour she's now living in Montreal training at the Olympic Training Center. The younger girl bronze metal you 18 5th Place senior women cheese 16 years old the older girl gold medal u21 silver medal senior women at Nationals this year.

But I'm going to try again...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
          Yeah if popping a disc in your own back is the real deadly...

I give you a 50/50 chance of learning how to properly do a lift at a high school. You still get a lot of guys and a lot of coaches at that level teaching kids to pull with their backs. That was what I did until Anatoly Petrosyan asked me if I was trying to hurt my back to get out of practice.

Here is a video of Anatoly doing speed dummy work. Notice the hip pops:
          I understand hip pops.

We need to get a grappling dummy. Or three, I'm going to hit the board of directors up for a couple for the fall season.

Comment

Yeah if popping a disc in your own back is the real deadly...

I give you a 50/50 chance of learning how to properly do a lift at a high school. You still get a lot of guys and a lot of coaches at that level teaching kids to pull with their backs. That was what I did until Anatoly Petrosyan asked me if I was trying to hurt my back to get out of practice.

Here is a video of Anatoly doing speed dummy work. Notice the hip pops:
            High school here regularly produces state champions and guys make team to go to Nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              No Tristan doesn't do lifts, he does pretty standard Judo.

Kids I'm thinking of are from Ontario, brothers.

I believe Tristan got silver this year I watched most of his matches.
              He managed gold according to the newsletter. I'm proud of him but didn't watch any of it. I've kept well apart from it all for a while now, getting involved just reminds me of how bloody fragile I am. Fuck joints.

Comment

He managed gold according to the newsletter. I'm proud of him but didn't watch any of it. I've kept well apart from it all for a while now, getting involved just reminds me of how bloody fragile I am. Fuck joints.
                U21 or u18? Nice young man regardless.

Comment

I understand hip pops.

We need to get a grappling dummy. Or three, I'm going to hit the board of directors up for a couple for the fall season.
                  He's not joking when he says Suples Speed dummies are the best, that wasn't a paid endorsement, they are really great to work with.

Comment

U21 or u18? Nice young man regardless.
                    U21. Gentlest soul in that club, hell of a positive example of the modesty of full contact martial artists.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
                      Guys, WTF!?!? This thread is becoming entirely to productive and informative.

I need more ninjers and chunners!
                      Did you miss the part about me sitting through lessons from 4 ninjas, a chunner, a bunch of Aikido and KM guys this coming Friday? Patience padawan, the truly good stuff is yet to come.

Comment

Did you miss the part about me sitting through lessons from 4 ninjas, a chunner, a bunch of Aikido and KM guys this coming Friday? Patience padawan, the truly good stuff is yet to come.
                        Okay okay. But in the mean time, all of this legitimate training discussion is really harshing my mellow!

Comment

This highly confident and well-raised Canadian kids don't respond to verbal abuse.
                          See if you can get their parents to revoke their moose riding privileges for poor practice performances?

Comment

...the truly good stuff is yet to come.
                            MT: "Here's how to do a thing that actually works.

JKN: That will not work.

MT: OK, I'll do it, you show me how you will make it not work.

[ambulance siren]

Comment

U21. Gentlest soul in that club, hell of a positive example of the modesty of full contact martial artists.
                              Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                                See if you can get their parents to revoke their moose riding privileges for poor practice performances?
                                Nothing that drastic I'd say just take cell phones away.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X