This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    Demonstrate you know the process of how to safely teach whatever you do, and make sure you use the stuff they taught in the current coaching class.

It's not about the technique, or making everybody an expert in 5 minutes, after all.

For example, make sure you have everybody positioned so that when you change angles on demo, everybody can see it from that angle.

I'm pretty sure you know all this stuff already...
    This is sound,mature advice from an experienced coach.
    So now i will be the Devil on your other shoulder....
    Launch these Mother Fuckers! They dont even think wrestling is a martial art! I think you need search your soul down deep and ask yourself, "What would Alexander Karelin do?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
      Launch these Mother Fuckers! They dont even think wrestling is a martial art! I think you need search your soul down deep and ask yourself, "What would Alexander Karelin do?"

Beautiful but not realistic. The possibility of a ninjer crapping their pants though....

Choke please (while whispering into their ear).

Comment

Well, I suppose picking a MF up and slamming him isn't that hard to do...although some technique is involved, although trying to convince some of my students of that has not been going well lately...

Comment

Technique 1: Armdrag to back and standing hadaka kime Feldenkrais style. Because zionism. Results: Krav dudes choked and trolled at the same time.

Technique 2: Armdrag to back, jump to backpack and RNC. This is cool ninja shit... ninjas got choked so they have to commit seppuku.

Technique 3: Darce from back escape. As it follows the same principles of aikido's ushiro kubishime sankyo aikido dudes got ridiculed, embarrassed and with their hakama soiled like Seagal.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            Technique 1: Armdrag to back and standing hadaka kime Feldenkrais style. Because zionism. Results: Krav dudes choked and trolled at the same time.

Technique 2: Armdrag to back, jump to backpack and RNC. This is cool ninja shit... ninjas got choked so they have to commit seppuku.

Technique 3: Darce from back escape. As it follows the same principles of aikido's ushiro kubishime sankyo aikido dudes got ridiculed, embarrassed and with their hakama soiled like Seagal.
            Sounds good to me.

Interesting comparison to the aikido technique !

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Kravbizarre; 6/08/2018 6:58pm, .

Comment

Oil check?

Comment

Where is Holy Moment when he is needed?

Comment

Ninjas and aikidokas love waki gatame.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
                        Ninjas and aikidokas love waki gatame.
                        Hell, bro, I love waki gatame. But yeah, lots of LARPers highlight it as if it's the epitome of armbars.

Comment

Ah... the Karelin lift. Actually have a great partner exercise for teaching lifts and warming up at the same time. Which I could then transition into a snatch single seat belt toss, which is a great way to launch a dude and totally legal in BJJ. Any of my BJJ lifts/suplexes will make several people there crap their pants. I also have a wicked head and arm that has, from time to time, been known to knock a MF out. Though concussing a ninjer may not meet the safety expectations of the course.

Comment

Well I've got rayce basically backing me up on that for essentially the same reason.

Tell you to STFU, NOOB, but I'm just a blue belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                              Ah... the Karelin lift. Actually have a great partner exercise for teaching lifts and warming up at the same time. Which I could then transition into a snatch single seat belt toss, which is a great way to launch a dude and totally legal in BJJ. Any of my BJJ lifts/suplexes will make several people there crap their pants. I also have a wicked head and arm that has, from time to time, been known to knock a MF out. Though concussing a ninjer may not meet the safety expectations of the course.
                              One thing that I really don't know how to do very well and can't really physically do anymore are the lifts can you point me in the direction of some drills I can use to help my students get the hang of whole back counter thing better?

And yeah knocking nmf out with a head and arm throw is probably outside the safety guidelines.

Comment

When you do that too much you end up strapping refrigerators to your back and running up and down flights of stairs for fun.....

Thats why started asking,"What would Relson do?" Its almost always do Jiu-Jitsu,go to the beach/surf or have a drink.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X