X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCS View Post
    Wait, what?

These guys are awesome.
    I was impressed with his solo ukemi-waza.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      I was impressed with his solo ukemi-waza.
      It felt like I was watching a Marx Brothers' pratfall.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
        It felt like I was watching a Marx Brothers' pratfall.
        It was legit, and done correctly.

You must be confusing the solo ukemi (not the silly stuff with the rifle) with all the aikido.

Now that was some serious 3-Stooges level slapstick comedy. How they can think anybody but complete noobs would buy into that, I don't know.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

It was legit, and done correctly.

You must be confusing the solo ukemi (not the silly stuff with the rifle) with all the aikido.

Now that was some serious 3-Stooges level slapstick comedy. How they can think anybody but complete noobs would buy into that, I don't know.
          Specifically at 2:14.

Comment

An eye for the wheat you have.

Comment

That's what I was referring to, I was just being snarky.
              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                be careful, people might start calling you "Shepherd"

Comment

BKR would make a good shepherd.

In fact, I'd be kind of surprised if he's never played one.

Comment

They even wear something like a gi!

Comment

Well, I teach my more advanced students (usually at blue or brown belt (nikyu/ikkyu) that kind of ukemi waza, plus a few others, so I noticed.

My first judo coach was big on that kind of ukemi waza, so I'm kinda carrying on the tradition. I tell them that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
                        That's what I was referring to, I was just being snarky.
                        What, you, snarky ? Never !

Comment

BKR would make a good shepherd.

In fact, I'd be kind of surprised if he's never played one.
                          I do, on the Internet !

Part of the pay of shepherds is usually they get to eat a few lambs...

I was one of the 3 Wise Men in a Christmas play, when I was like, 2nd grade ?

Some delayed irony on that one, eh?

Comment

Well, I teach my more advanced students (usually at blue or brown belt (nikyu/ikkyu) that kind of ukemi waza, plus a few others, so I noticed.

My first judo coach was big on that kind of ukemi waza, so I'm kinda carrying on the tradition. I tell them that, too.
                            The problem is I can't do it anymore myself, so hard to demonstrate.

Comment

The problem is I can't do it anymore myself, so hard to demonstrate.
                              I'm kinda surprised that you show it to blue/brown and as kind of a special thing from what I understand. It's mandatory from green on to be able to demonstrate it here, 35+ people may fall onto a soft though.

Comment

Originally posted by Falenay View Post
                                I'm kinda surprised that you show it to blue/brown and as kind of a special thing from what I understand. It's mandatory from green on to be able to demonstrate it here, 35+ people may fall onto a soft though.
                                Well, green belt is sankyu, and if I thought a sankyu was capable of it, I'd have them do it. I'm talking kids, and a kid of 10 or 11 can get a green belt. I think that kind of ukemi waza is borderline for a kid that young.Of course, there could be exception, plus, I don't teach young children regularly (I teach the "senior" class, which is 13 years of age and up, and the kids have to be at least orange belt.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X