Best and Worst Martial Arts Vloggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
    Master Wong... I wonder how much of his own bullshit he buys and how much is just youtube personality. Isn’t there another guy named Freddie Wong who is just as stupid but not as entertainingly stupid? It’s hard to keep up.
    This that freddy guy?
    https://youtu.be/eSET74Q_Ea0

The comments are disabled, im on lunch so only watched 5 minutes. He’s basically said no one but chinese people can teach chinese martial arts, even says master wong has no right to claim to teach tai chi, wing chun or jkd cos he hasnt been authorised by the inventors. The arguments this guy is pushing are dumb.

Comment

I have been digging Tristar Gym's channel
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
        This that freddy guy?
        https://youtu.be/eSET74Q_Ea0

The comments are disabled, im on lunch so only watched 5 minutes. He’s basically said no one but chinese people can teach chinese martial arts, even says master wong has no right to claim to teach tai chi, wing chun or jkd cos he hasnt been authorised by the inventors. The arguments this guy is pushing are dumb.
        Yeah that’s the guy. I heard about him in this site years ago as well...

All the dumbasses end up getting discussed in ymas at some point or another I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
          Aikidosauli... I remember his aikido vs mma video where he basically got his ass kicked and admitted it didn’t work. That was good but I wasn’t interested enough to keep following him.
          After the aikido vs mma video he began his quest to develop a functional aikido (or so he says, I think he's not really sincere about that) but he's doing everything wrong.
          Last edited by DCS; 4/05/2018 6:25am, .

Comment

Some nice fella put together a comp of all of Freddy's "sparring" and "fights". Good stuff but be warned the _ung _u dumbassery and flubbery is strong.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
              Some nice fella put together a comp of all of Freddy's "sparring" and "fights". Good stuff but be warned the _ung _u dumbassery and flubbery is strong.
              What he put online looks like him testing out the capabilities of inexperienced guys and kids and when they move backwards, moving to a display of power (as in dominance, not strength). Whenever there is a real movement towards him, he backs down (even if it is chain punch flayling that cannot even reach him).

There is some speed, precision, and commitment there, but only when already having the upper hand. At least he pulls hits against subpar. No videos of him against experienced and committed guys, obviously.

Didn't like the slap-stick (pun intended) in between though. A slap can be devastating and is often used to show lack of defence when sparring without gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                That guy really really wants to be Bruce Lee circa 1963.

Comment

I like James Keating's channel for weapon stuff.

Comment

Imafuji-sensei's "Kendo Guide" is probably about as good as it gets in my world.

Comment

Best: Scholagladiatoria, Stephan Kesting, and Rener and Ryron Gracie

Worst: Lenny Sly/Rogue Warrior is probably my least favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
                        Worst: Lenny Sly/Rogue Warrior is probably my least favorite.
                        Wait, what?

These guys are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                          Wait, what?

These guys are awesome.
                          If Freddy Wong wants to be Bruce Lee circa 1963, Lenny Sly wants to be Steven Seagal circa 1987... with 50% more swearing! It makes him such a bad ass. If you say fuck and shit enough while showing a technique it totally convinces me aikido will work.

Comment

If we're extending to firearms, I need to give a shout to:
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChk...O3J4rV-CiMNkNQ
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Iraqveteran8888
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/taofledermaus
                            https://www.theboxotruth.com/
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45
                            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                              Wait, what?

These guys are awesome.
                              Wow, their logo has a blue lives matter flag, a bible verse, barbed wire, a Spartan helmet, and gunshots. That's the douchiest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

Best: Slyvie something or rather, MT fighter in Thailand with a stupid number of fights, she occasionally uploads training videos with various instructors breaking down techniques http://8limbs.us

Honourable mention to Roukas who's on YouTube and reddit, he's been mentioned/discussed on here, he's an aikidoka who was trying to look at ways of turning aikido into an alive art. Basically has got to the stage that he's calling out other aikidoka's saying that he's tried to make it work and it's beyond saving, but he bothered to document his road to Damascus so that's useful for future arguments, plus it's been entertaining to watch the evolution in film and forum posts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X