Best and Worst Martial Arts Vloggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best and Worst Martial Arts Vloggers

Alright. Post your best and worst martial arts youtube channels (or otherwise vlogs) here.

For best, I'm giving to Lawrence Kenshin. His fight breakdowns were one of the main reasons I started doing Muay Thai again (the other reason, of course, being a landscape of injuries that made every other form of exercise non-tenable).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpl_7w8-jTE&t=527s

For worst, I'm really torn between Jake Mace and Jesse Encamp. On top of just, you know, bad content, there's something about their personalities that I find insufferable. Jake Mace feels like a recently divorced dad going through a mid life crisis; Jesse Encamp feels like a smug youth minister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXM9d_SYPKQ

Vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAny...t-5C9aEIw28D7P

In order to properly dissect this, I would probably have to watch more of their videos, a task which I approach with the same level of grim procrastination as reading 50 Shades Darker.
    The fool thinks himself immortal,
    If he hold back from battle;
    But old age will grant him no truce,
    Even if spears spare him.

Best: Straight Blast Gym Portland

Worst: Aikido Siauliai

Comment

Jake Mace is a ... oh god. I don't even know how to explain how ... ughh ... oh my god just watch this fool

I think Jesse is properly aware of his position in the world. Well sorta ...

I do love Lawrence Kenshin's channel, thanks for links.
      Lawrence's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9t...nQ7LNe3b70QwKA
      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
      BILL HICKS,
      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Best:

https://www.youtube.com/user/EnterTheDojoShow

The Worst:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePinkMan

Comment

How's this for nutriding:

Best: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMAOmega
          Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
            How's this for nutriding:

Best: https://www.youtube.com/user/AMAOmega

That guy is awesome. Except he has a different vlog these days.

Comment

Dammit, beat me to the punch.
              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
              Originally posted by Devil
              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
              Originally posted by Plasma
              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                That guy is awesome. Except he has a different vlog these days.
                Yeah, but New Coke sucked, too :)
                Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Yeah, but New Coke sucked, too :)
                  So does your sex life, what does that have to do with the tariff taxes on pork in China.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
                    So does your sex life, what does that have to do with the tariff taxes on pork in China.
                    You haven't pushed anything up in a year or so. What, I'm supposed to follow you on FB, too?

Comment

You haven't pushed anything up in a year or so. What, I'm supposed to follow you on FB, too?
                      Stop picking on me. Your micro aggressions are triggering me.

Comment

I havnt got a best but i instantly stop watching videos that are by that ‘chew jitsu’ guy. Only reason i hate his videos is they are all too long. He’ll yap for 10 minutes before actually showing the technique, stop half way through the tech and yap for a further 5 then finish up with another 10 minute yarn.

Steven kesting is the same.

My ideal videos are they show the technique, show the small details or errors to avoid when doing it. Keep it short and sweet. I dont care if they spend 5 minutes explaining the technique, i get annoyed when theres chatter about everthibg not detailing a position or move.

Then again its very rare that i watch instructionals.

Comment

Jake Mace is such a tool. All his video titles read like ONE WEIRD TRICK THAT DOCTORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW but about 80s kung fu bullshit.

Comment

Master Wong is the best and worse at the same time.

Comment

Jake Mace... I only know of him from something of his being made fun of in here before. Yes, he’s the embodiment of someone who has dedicated their life to martial arts but has certainly never fought or even sparred hard.

Jesse Enkamp... has to look him up. Interesting that his brother is in the UFC. I didn’t watch too much but he seems to be really karate centric. A lot about the history and culture of karate. Not very interesting to me personally but at least in the clips I watched he didn’t seem to be peddling any bullshido.

Aikidosauli... I remember his aikido vs mma video where he basically got his ass kicked and admitted it didn’t work. That was good but I wasn’t interested enough to keep following him.

Master Wong... I wonder how much of his own bullshit he buys and how much is just youtube personality. Isn’t there another guy named Freddie Wong who is just as stupid but not as entertainingly stupid? It’s hard to keep up.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X