• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2terium
    replied
    Originally posted by Krampus View Post
    I find watching him to be stress relieving,

except when firearms are in his hand.
    I Can't help finding him likable. I had an old nice crazy neighbor just like him, I might be biased...

PS: I just edited my post to put the link in, enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by 2terium View Post
    This is an old thread but since I researched this amazing art, found some stuff (including this thread), I thought I might as well register here and share my findings here, for encyclopedic purposes (and to justify me wasting a full morning at it)!

Also, this guy as been the laughing stock of the MA community for so long, and MacDojos hunters having made YT money with him without even crediting the guy, I thought he deserved at list a little tip of the hat! So here it goes.

This nice crazy old dude name is Victor Matveev (Виктор Матвеев), and he has his own YT channel which is the source of all the laughing and amazement. As a nOOb I cannot post links, but any search on said websites will lead you to the same results if interested.

Doing some research with my amazing google-enabled Cyrillic abilities I found his V Kontakte (the russian FB) page, and from there his websites were the wisdom is partaken.

Above-mentioned Russian skills exerted on said websites gives you an overview of the art.
    Matveev calls it Чхарёк on YT, although the term seldom appears on the websites. That can be rendered as "Charyok" in latin alphabet. As DdlR pointed out, Matveev claims indeed its Korean origin. The Korean title on the website ( 학교 독수리와 뱀) roughly translates as "School of Eagle and Snake" (although he might have reverse-Google-translated it himself!).
    I will leave you to the fun of google-translating the first website were the origin of the art, as well as the biography of Master Matveev, is described. You'll find everything you'll expect: military background (Afghanistan), hidden master, Asian sojourn for full secret transmission, lineage going back to the cavemen, philosophical wisdom, etc...

The peculiar moves that have us cracked are then imitated from the eagle and the snake, in the deadly (especially if you are eating/drinking while watching) fashion he presents in countless videos.

Here is my homage to Master Victor. Although obviously googoo, he doesn't look malevolent. The YT videos aren't even monetized, and although he is always bullying this portly friend of his (who still cannot manage to do it right after countless hours training with the master!), he doesn't seem to register with the evil type of Grandmasters.
    His (few numbered) students themselves (his family?) usually look semi-convinced, and as far as I understood, he is not selling anything. And at the last, if his YT channel testifies for something, well, he is actually training ! XP

I would thank Google translate for the making of this post.
    I find watching him to be stress relieving,

except when firearms are in his hand.

Leave a comment:

• 2terium
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw-...Y63qjCdXP1naCg

Doing some research with my amazing google-enabled Cyrillic abilities I found his V Kontakte (the russian FB) page, and from there his websites were the wisdom is partaken.

http://vik-kotri.narod.ru/ and http://dfcnjr58.ucoz.ru/

Above-mentioned Russian skills exerted on said websites gives you an overview of the art.
    Matveev calls it Чхарёк on YT, although the term seldom appears on the websites. That can be rendered as "Charyok" in latin alphabet. As DdlR pointed out, Matveev claims indeed its Korean origin. The Korean title on the website ( 학교 독수리와 뱀) roughly translates as "School of Eagle and Snake" (although he might have reverse-Google-translated it himself!).
    I will leave you to the fun of google-translating the first website were the origin of the art, as well as the biography of Master Matveev, is described. You'll find everything you'll expect: military background (Afghanistan), hidden master, Asian sojourn for full secret transmission, lineage going back to the cavemen, philosophical wisdom, etc...

The peculiar moves that have us cracked are then imitated from the eagle and the snake, in the deadly (especially if you are eating/drinking while watching) fashion he presents in countless videos.

Here is my homage to Master Victor. Although obviously googoo, he doesn't look malevolent. The YT videos aren't even monetized, and although he is always bullying this portly friend of his (who still cannot manage to do it right after countless hours training with the master!), he doesn't seem to register with the evil type of Grandmasters.
    His (few numbered) students themselves (his family?) usually look semi-convinced, and as far as I understood, he is not selling anything. And at the last, if his YT channel testifies for something, well, he is actually training ! XP

I would thank Google translate for the making of this post.
    Last edited by 2terium; 12/05/2019 10:00pm, . Reason: posting links as I am now entitled to ;P

Leave a comment:

• kimjonghng
    replied
    reminds of me shit splashing hands, also known as splashing hands

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    Originally posted by battlefields View Post
    I too used my incredible researching skills and looked it up on Google to find everything I know about this style on the first page of Google.
    I was looking for a wikipedia page not a website that may or may not have referanced material.

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied
    I too used my incredible researching skills and looked it up on Google to find everything I know about this style on the first page of Google.

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    So i googled hoping to find a wikipedia page on this style to no avail. I did however find a page on russian martial arts. Then clicked a link on the russian bare knuckle boxing which has a funny history to it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ...ng?wprov=sfti1

Leave a comment:

• DdlR
    replied
    I've seen some of these here before, but I didnt know it was called Choriok. Maybe coincidentally, there is a Korean art whose name is spelled "Charyok" or "Charyuck" in English - IIRC Mas Oyama also wrote about it as "chakuriki". Not so much a martial art in itself as a set of breathing and conditioning exercises, traditionally trained in the wilderness, which are supposed to have been incorporated into some Korean MAs. I've also read that "charyok" is sometimes performed by street entertainers at rural markets in Korea - kind of like carnival tricks (lying on a bed of nails, feats of strength etc.) No idea if there's any direct connection between that and this, though.

Leave a comment:

• Pharabus
    replied
    Ferret style, if done properly no can defense!

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    If he actually made contact with that katana, it would have fallen right out of his hand.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by battlefields View Post
    I imagine somewhere on here this shit has been posted, but I searched for "Choriok" and nothing came up. For context, you'd have seen these idiots before, but maybe not seen the name, or you have, I don't know you so...

Anyway, take a look at this fucked up base head pageantry:

Am I missing something? Did we miss this or was it named something other than "Choriok"? I thought Systema was high grade bullshit.

I mean, my god, how in the blue fuck does someone even think they are doing anything remotely effective. I am thoroughly confused and am wondering if it is a troll job on or by Systema followers.
    Love the cool woodstove in the background !

A dojo with a woodstove...I've often imagined having one...

Leave a comment:

• Cake of Doom
    replied
    That guy did way too many drugs in the nineties. He's videoing his acid rave flashbacks.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    That's some pretty weird shit right there.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Mentally Ill, Heavenly Impaired.
    You say potato I say vodka, could be lack of sleep and meth. A strong hallucinogenic could do that too. So could boredom or head trauma. I mean there are thousands of possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• BJMills
    replied
    That’s just the kind of crazy shit Russians do when they are drunk... which, admittedly, is most of the time.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X