Choriok - Russian Martial Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw-...Y63qjCdXP1naCg

Doing some research with my amazing google-enabled Cyrillic abilities I found his V Kontakte (the russian FB) page, and from there his websites were the wisdom is partaken.

http://vik-kotri.narod.ru/ and http://dfcnjr58.ucoz.ru/

Above-mentioned Russian skills exerted on said websites gives you an overview of the art.
    Matveev calls it Чхарёк on YT, although the term seldom appears on the websites. That can be rendered as "Charyok" in latin alphabet. As DdlR pointed out, Matveev claims indeed its Korean origin. The Korean title on the website ( 학교 독수리와 뱀) roughly translates as "School of Eagle and Snake" (although he might have reverse-Google-translated it himself!).
    I will leave you to the fun of google-translating the first website were the origin of the art, as well as the biography of Master Matveev, is described. You'll find everything you'll expect: military background (Afghanistan), hidden master, Asian sojourn for full secret transmission, lineage going back to the cavemen, philosophical wisdom, etc...

The peculiar moves that have us cracked are then imitated from the eagle and the snake, in the deadly (especially if you are eating/drinking while watching) fashion he presents in countless videos.

Here is my homage to Master Victor. Although obviously googoo, he doesn't look malevolent. The YT videos aren't even monetized, and although he is always bullying this portly friend of his (who still cannot manage to do it right after countless hours training with the master!), he doesn't seem to register with the evil type of Grandmasters.
    His (few numbered) students themselves (his family?) usually look semi-convinced, and as far as I understood, he is not selling anything. And at the last, if his YT channel testifies for something, well, he is actually training ! XP

I would thank Google translate for the making of this post.
    Last edited by 2terium; 12/05/2019 11:00pm, . Reason: posting links as I am now entitled to ;P

Comment

Originally posted by 2terium View Post
      This is an old thread but since I researched this amazing art, found some stuff (including this thread), I thought I might as well register here and share my findings here, for encyclopedic purposes (and to justify me wasting a full morning at it)!

Also, this guy as been the laughing stock of the MA community for so long, and MacDojos hunters having made YT money with him without even crediting the guy, I thought he deserved at list a little tip of the hat! So here it goes.

This nice crazy old dude name is Victor Matveev (Виктор Матвеев), and he has his own YT channel which is the source of all the laughing and amazement. As a nOOb I cannot post links, but any search on said websites will lead you to the same results if interested.

Doing some research with my amazing google-enabled Cyrillic abilities I found his V Kontakte (the russian FB) page, and from there his websites were the wisdom is partaken.

Above-mentioned Russian skills exerted on said websites gives you an overview of the art.
      Matveev calls it Чхарёк on YT, although the term seldom appears on the websites. That can be rendered as "Charyok" in latin alphabet. As DdlR pointed out, Matveev claims indeed its Korean origin. The Korean title on the website ( 학교 독수리와 뱀) roughly translates as "School of Eagle and Snake" (although he might have reverse-Google-translated it himself!).
      I will leave you to the fun of google-translating the first website were the origin of the art, as well as the biography of Master Matveev, is described. You'll find everything you'll expect: military background (Afghanistan), hidden master, Asian sojourn for full secret transmission, lineage going back to the cavemen, philosophical wisdom, etc...

The peculiar moves that have us cracked are then imitated from the eagle and the snake, in the deadly (especially if you are eating/drinking while watching) fashion he presents in countless videos.

Here is my homage to Master Victor. Although obviously googoo, he doesn't look malevolent. The YT videos aren't even monetized, and although he is always bullying this portly friend of his (who still cannot manage to do it right after countless hours training with the master!), he doesn't seem to register with the evil type of Grandmasters.
      His (few numbered) students themselves (his family?) usually look semi-convinced, and as far as I understood, he is not selling anything. And at the last, if his YT channel testifies for something, well, he is actually training ! XP

I would thank Google translate for the making of this post.
      I find watching him to be stress relieving,

except when firearms are in his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Krampus View Post
        I find watching him to be stress relieving,

except when firearms are in his hand.
        I Can't help finding him likable. I had an old nice crazy neighbor just like him, I might be biased...

PS: I just edited my post to put the link in, enjoy

Comment

Working...
        X