• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrouchyOldMan
    replied
    Originally posted by theardri View Post
    Funny thing is, Lee Manure uh Maur had never heard ...blah, blah, blah
    No, the funny thing is that the world of the ninjers so strongly parallels professional wrestling. Watching all of their drama unfold by way of internet, in the form of rhetorical bitch slap fighting is basically the equivalent of watching WWE - Dungeons and Dragons edition.

Leave a comment:

• theardri
    replied
    Funny thing is, Lee Manure uh Maur had never heard of of Ron Colins till I told him who it was, what he did. He did not care then. Soon after he approached (knowingly) an underage girl on line, and sent a dick pick. He ran and hid (he is doing that now) then he came back against Ron. THEN he went to hang with David Richardson, and Frank Dux. THEN Lee fucked up again, and now tries to pretend to "hate them too".

Moral of the Story. Lee is not someone to trust. He will turn on you if he thinks he will get out of jail.

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyOldMan
    replied
    Originally posted by theardri View Post
    Sorry for the Thread Necromancy (and well I've not posted here in forever) .... Lee is making himself infamous all over the place (not really, he's just a little cunt, but with no warmth or depth).

http://www.coloradospringsninjutsu.c...nfKV54TQSdGPA8
    Ninjer Roley Poley Oley (who holds a fair bit of infamy in his own right) must have teh r3al ninjutsu because he doesn't like ninjer Yoga Wang.

Decided to log in, after a long hiatus, looking for a bit of entertainment. Was not disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• theardri
    replied
    Sorry for the Thread Necromancy (and well I've not posted here in forever) .... Lee is making himself infamous all over the place (not really, he's just a little cunt, but with no warmth or depth).

http://www.coloradospringsninjutsu.c...nfKV54TQSdGPA8

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I've always thought that Dante hid his bullshit behind racial issues the same way Dux hid his bullshit behind kids, including disabled ones. I get it, but I don't think not being a bigot would qualify anyone as a good martial artist...they could still teach crap, just a woke mode.

I don't think Black Dragon ninja masters could afford to discriminate...already hard enough to find willing marks for their scam.
    There are plenty of stories including the dojo storm of the green dragons to show that the guys in the martial arts in Chicago at that time did fight and sadly for Jim Kosovic die.

Dante organised the Taunton Death matches which was basically a scruffy UFC One.

This is an interesting article about that event.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...atches&f=false

Dante was most definitely an arsehole but he was a complex character and I think there is at least some evidence to show that there was a genuinely talented martial artist in him running along side the bullshit con artist.

That sadly is the bit the Fraud Squad forgot to emulate.

To be fair to Yoga Wang he is at least trying to actually throw down allbeit in a special olympics kinda way.

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyOldMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Actually, he was here to talk trash on Yoga Wang for some reason. Unfortunately he thought this was twitter or something and kept limiting himself to 120 characters, and thus didn't make a lot of sense. His ramblings were taken to be aimed at people other than his intended target. Then when it was pointed out to him, he decided to have a fit, take his keyboard and go home. Honestly, someone who can't be bothered to speak in complete sentences let alone actual paragraphs is no great loss.
    I'm going to take your word for it, since going back and rereading his posts will probably cause me physical pain.

You are correct that I simply used context and tone to draw a (false) conclusion, since there was no lucidity to the posts themselves.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    I did too! In fact on a good day I can probably still remember how to do it.

That book was also Radford rather than Keehan don't forget
    I'll have to dig up the book but IIRC Radford has a whole section on Dante in that book. Second-hand bullshit derived from first hand bullshit == bullshit.

I find it ironic that the cult of Bruce Lee and the cult of Count Dante have essentially similar mythology...street fights, amazing ancient Asian-fu, rejection of the old masters prohibitions on sharing the deadly...and don't forget Radford himself wrote a whole biographical slant about Dante and himself saving race relations from the Democratic Convention in the 60's onward.

Attaching themselves to otherwise noble pursuits (teaching kids, race relations) is a kind of human shield they put up to mask their true con-man nature. It's all part of the smokescreen. Dux famously used this same tactic to hide his BS behind a disabled man just a few years back, throwing the kid in front of his videos for a while because the kid was a superfan of Dux. The idea of anybody associated with BDFS teaching kids creeps me out, and I don't get creeped out easily.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by PDA View Post
    That is mostly true however his biggest influence in martial arts at the time wasn't due to his martial prowess but his willingness to teach all people regardless of skin colour.
    That was pretty bold for the time and guys he taught like Gregory Jaco had quite a positive effect in Chicago with his Karate school as a base for local children to come as an alternative to the street.
    Thats probably the only thing I respect him for.
    I've always thought that Dante hid his bullshit behind racial issues the same way Dux hid his bullshit behind kids, including disabled ones. I get it, but I don't think not being a bigot would qualify anyone as a good martial artist...they could still teach crap, just a woke mode.

I don't think Black Dragon ninja masters could afford to discriminate...already hard enough to find willing marks for their scam.

Leave a comment:

• Moenstah
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatur View Post

Lol, Moenstah you gotta understand Afrikaner culture a bit to know the answer to that one. We like our weird nicknames... Stoffel (from Christopher -> Christoffel -> Stoffel), Sweis (weld, as in to weld a sheet of metal lol), Ratkas (gearbox), Spanner... all these are par for the course hahaha. My culture has many flaws I freely acknowledge XD
    Ratkas? Lol. Als in ratten of raderen?

The bromponie still rules them all!

But honestly, no Dutch speaker from '70's-90s will take a martial artist named Stoffel seriously. I'm even chuckling when writing this

Leave a comment:

• scipio
    replied
    Just had a look at the link, the comments are brilliant:

"I have studied from Grandmaster Kim's books for 17 years, and have been combat tested on more occasions than I care to count. With the dilligent study I have put forth, the techniques I learned from his books have saved my life on more than one occasion. I HIGHLY reccomend these books for those of you who cannot afford classes in the art, and who have a genuine need for this type of lethal martial art. Those who are consistent and dilligent in their practice shall excell as I have, now becoming an official teacher of Ashida's style."

Leave a comment:

• Hanniballistic
    replied
    Let's pause here. No.

I learned the Kata Dan-Te when I was about 14 from this book: https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Hands-D.../dp/0873643224. This is not the thread to go into details, but nobody needs this book, or anything else that claims to derive from Count Dante, in their life. The entire Black Dragon "style" is a big lie right up there with George Dillman's toes and Frank Dux's nose.
    I did too! In fact on a good day I can probably still remember how to do it.

That book was also Radford rather than Keehan don't forget

Leave a comment:

• Hatur
    replied
    Understood Mr. Rabbit. I just meant good in the sense that he actually knew to do some arts, as opposed to the fakers today who are completely useless. So, only good when compared to abysmally shit.
    But I shall not engage in the faux pas of naming a scammer good, sorry 'bout that.
    Yeah, I read about his escapades (the so-called "dojo-wars"), like I said he was in the head... a crazy b****** lol. I don't admire what he did, but I have to give credit that in the art of snake-oil salesman carnival barker, he was a 15th Dan. And yeah, credit were its due, he was an influence in desegregating the MA scene from all accounts.

Lol, Moenstah you gotta understand Afrikaner culture a bit to know the answer to that one. We like our weird nicknames... Stoffel (from Christopher -> Christoffel -> Stoffel), Sweis (weld, as in to weld a sheet of metal lol), Ratkas (gearbox), Spanner... all these are par for the course hahaha. My culture has many flaws I freely acknowledge XD
    Last edited by Hatur; 2/15/2018 7:46am, . Reason: spelling mistake

Leave a comment:

• PDA
    replied
    Let's pause here. No.

I learned the Kata Dan-Te when I was about 14 from this book: https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Hands-D.../dp/0873643224. This is not the thread to go into details, but nobody needs this book, or anything else that claims to derive from Count Dante, in their life. The entire Black Dragon "style" is a big lie right up there with George Dillman's toes and Frank Dux's nose.

Dante has literally left no mark on the martial arts scene other than crime, murder, fraud, and above all ninjery in the 1st degree. If only his worst crime was being a sleazy marketer...Oh and a good deal of underhanded thuggery which continues to this day in the form of Ron "Draven Azropht" Collins dojo storming other ninja gyms with packs of BDFS thugs.

On Bullshido we don't usually consider anyone a good martial artist until they pass a certain threshold, a much higher one than most people would. And it just goes from zero into negative territory when you engage in the creation of legions of MA dickheads.

Count Dante was a bad martial artist.
    That is mostly true however his biggest influence in martial arts at the time wasn't due to his martial prowess but his willingness to teach all people regardless of skin colour.
    That was pretty bold for the time and guys he taught like Gregory Jaco had quite a positive effect in Chicago with his Karate school as a base for local children to come as an alternative to the street.
    Thats probably the only thing I respect him for.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatur View Post
    From what I've gathered, Dante was a pretty good martial artist
    Let's pause here. No.

Dante has literally left no mark on the martial arts scene other than crime, murder, fraud, and above all ninjery in the 1st degree. If only his worst crime was being a sleazy marketer...Oh and a good deal of underhanded thuggery which continues to this day in the form of Ron "Draven Azropht" Collins dojo storming other ninja gyms with packs of BDFS thugs.

On Bullshido we don't usually consider anyone a good martial artist until they pass a certain threshold, a much higher one than most people would. And it just goes from zero into negative territory when you engage in the creation of legions of MA dickheads.

Count Dante was a bad martial artist.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/14/2018 7:33pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Moenstah
    replied
    Who'd take someone called Stoffel seriously in the first place? Oh that just keeps cracking me up

This is Stoffel

Here again in his "speshul car"

Oddly enough the children's series he appeared in was called "fabeltjeskrant" (fables newspaper). How fitting!

Anyway carry on

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X