Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Traditional Muay Boran match

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Video: Traditional Muay Boran match

    Hi guys,

    through a facebook site I liked there came this little piece into my feed I wanted to share:



    The thing that surprised me the most was how many kicks have been caught without capitalising. Apart from that, the sheer intensity and how much they can get hit by vicious kicks and elbows and recover (sort of) was captivating.

    Would like to hear some expert comments on that one.

    #2
    Originally posted by Falenay View Post
    Hi guys,

    through a facebook site I liked there came this little piece into my feed I wanted to share:



    The thing that surprised me the most was how many kicks have been caught without capitalising. Apart from that, the sheer intensity and how much they can get hit by vicious kicks and elbows and recover (sort of) was captivating.

    Would like to hear some expert comments on that one.
    It's a work.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Falenay View Post
      Hi guys,

      through a facebook site I liked there came this little piece into my feed I wanted to share:



      The thing that surprised me the most was how many kicks have been caught without capitalising. Apart from that, the sheer intensity and how much they can get hit by vicious kicks and elbows and recover (sort of) was captivating.

      Would like to hear some expert comments on that one.
      You realize that's not a real fight, right?
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

      Comment


        #4
        Hmm...I guess disappearing into the abyss of shame isn't an option right now. Taking a second look, I could see the jumps coordinated with blocked kicks and that they never actually hit the elbow in the face. That's what happens when you post stuff while listening to a talk about Arnold Gehlen's criticism of art I guess.

        Well, at least I felt entertained. Sorry about that. Nothing to see here :P

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          You realize that's not a real fight, right?
          It says it is right there in the title tho ...

          Comment


            #6
            I think it's time to move this over to YMAS.

            Thanks for being humble about it, Falenay. Some other posters could take a lesson from that.
            Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by submessenger View Post
              I think it's time to move this over to YMAS.

              Thanks for being humble about it, Falenay. Some other posters could take a lesson from that.
              In the small window you get in the facebook feed it looked awesome and I wanted to share the awesomeness. Just googled the youtube-link without having a second look, which I obviously should have. At least it could be like a tutorial for presentations as they should look like (instead of running away from 10 guys and handwaving them into breakfalls).

              Cheers for being upfront.

              Comment


                #8
                It annoys me how these bouts of cooperative showmanship always say REAL in the title, as if the muay thai fights where they're trying to win are fake.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Falenay View Post
                  In the small window you get in the facebook feed it looked awesome and I wanted to share the awesomeness. Just googled the youtube-link without having a second look, which I obviously should have. At least it could be like a tutorial for presentations as they should look like (instead of running away from 10 guys and handwaving them into breakfalls).

                  Cheers for being upfront.
                  No doubt, many of the techniques looked very crisp and clean. Certainly, these guys knew what they were doing, and it is very impressive to watch. Also notable is that many of the strikes were real, even if pulled.
                  Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I’ll add- in the OPs defense- it kind of looked slightly unscripted, like two guys who trained together and knew each other well going off a set of techniques but pulling their punches.

                    As opposed to something ultra choreographed like a wushu demo where every beat is precise and rehearsed.

                    I used to do Muay Thai demos kind of like this. I’m sure those guys are a lot better than I ever was though. They took some nice falls.

                    Comment

                    Collapse

                    Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                    Working...
                    X