• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“The people should be very ashamed”

https://nysanda.wordpress.com/2015/0...-very-ashamed/

This is interesting I must say.

Comment

I know we have representatives of that gym that are/were members.
      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
      Originally posted by Devil
      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
      Originally posted by Plasma
      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

What styles were Ancient Chinese people using in the military? or what about the styles of guardsmen?

Are Chinese TMA simply watered down? I'm trying ro visualize the TMA people fighting each other with flashy and weak movements...

Comment

Originally posted by big maclol View Post
          What styles were Ancient Chinese people using in the military? or what about the styles of guardsmen?

Are Chinese TMA simply watered down? I'm trying ro visualize the TMA people fighting each other with flashy and weak movements...
          I wonder too, I guess we will have to dig into history books to find out. Maybe that was so unusual that it scared people.

Comment

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/int...fu-history.htm

Comment

Shuai Jiao had a long relationship with the military and the imperial guards. Other than that it was probably a lot of spear and short sword work in formation

Comment

Archery, swordsmanship, horseback riding, and whatever Qi Jiguang decided were good military drills.
                Depending on what time period you examine.

Muskets and bayonets only post Republican Era.

Circa 1980s and beyond, they used Sammo Hung and Chow Yung Fat exclusively to end all conflicts.
                =================
                Kama Sutra blue belt.

Originally posted by Emevas
                I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
                Originally posted by Rock Ape
                Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Comment

My understanding was that Xingyi was developed originally for military use of spears and staff fighting in close order drill. So you would have someone on the left and right of you and the enemy in front of you. Which is why the style is so linear with the footwork. Then the empty hand techniques were adapted to compliment the style. I've studied it as well as a few other weapons arts and it is very similar in footwork to fencing and some FMA footworks. But it would only contain a small portion of FMA footwork which is way more circular.

What I do know, is that as far as the empty hand techniques go, it is not difficult to take Xingyi and apply it to combat sports. The group I trained with regularly competed in San Da matches and kickboxing matches. They trained exclusive in Xinyi, then sparred more frequently leading up to competitions. I can tell you that I trained a lot of kickboxing prior to training there, and once the forms were trained less and sparring more, in preparation for the competitions, it was the same as my kickboxing training. Not to say that they switched to kickboxing, because none of them had trained anything other than Xingyi.
                  Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is on the CMA board already.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58040

Comment

True story, I once supported David Ross on Bullshido, and then reached out to him friendly-like for some Sanda/Lei Tai training.

He never returned my emails. I think he's a dickhead.

Some Bullies believe he stole charity money.
                      Last edited by W. Rabbit; 11/12/2017 3:40am, .
                      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                        True story, I once supported David Ross on Bullshido, and then reached out to him friendly-like for some Sanda/Lei Tai training.

He never returned my emails. I think he's a dickhead.

Some Bullies believe he stole charity money.
                        Only a plucky team comprised of yourself, Sammo Hung, and Jack Ma can get the money back and save the village from being demolished.
                        I will call it, Kung Fu Investment.
                        =================
                        Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

Originally posted by Sri Hanuman View Post
                          Only a plucky team comprised of yourself, Sammo Hung, and Jack Ma can get the money back and save the village from being demolished.
                          I will call it, Kung Fu Investment.
                          Consider the source...Singles Day and Jack Ma == $25B (USD) in a 24 hours?

Yeah, Fake news. I don't need any communists on my team, thanks.

https://www.rt.com/business/409569-a...-record-sales/
                          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

I find it difficult to condemn said people who through their reverse evolution of traditional martial arts created a platform for some of the greatest movies past present and I am sure future.

MMA movies suck balls hard.

Anything with a character named Wong Fei Hung on the other hand is usually spectacular.

Nearly if not all of the great even professional martial artists I know where lead into the martial arts through kung fu movies so if nothing else the traditional martial arts in all their visual glory are the guide that leads many onto the path of martial enlightenment.

Who knows this could have been the master plan of very smart and ancient Shaolin monk " before something can be repaired it must first be broken"

I feel some hidden meanings coming along!!
                            King without a crown

Comment

Originally posted by PDA View Post

Who knows this could have been the master plan of very smart and ancient Shaolin monk " before something can be repaired it must first be broken"

I feel some hidden meanings coming along!!
                              THE BOXERS WERE RIGHT... WE HAVE TO DESTROY SHAOLIN AND RESTORE THE MING TO THEIR RIGHTFUL PLACE DISGUISED AS EVIL WESTERN INVADERS USING MONETARY INFLUENCE TO SHAPE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE!!! Also somehow opium and oil.
                              =================
                              Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X