Bullshidos opinion on ITF TaeKwonDo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    The main problem with TKD over Karate is the sense of Nationalism in its style. Most TKD wants to distance themselves so far away from karate that it has gotten away from a lot of practical technique in favor of distinction from its founding systems.
    Which years did you train ITF TaeKwonDo?

It was full contact back here (Nationals competitions only, world events always semi contact)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0abzjYASps
    Last edited by Heuristic; 6/18/2018 5:50am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Heuristic View Post
      Which years did you train ITF TaeKwonDo?

It was full contact back here (Nationals competitions only, world events always semi contact)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0abzjYASps
      1993-2003

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
        That movie had some decent fights but it was seriously off its tits. I thought it was supposed to be a biopic then you had ninja's and shit.
        Never let reality or facts get in the way of telling a completely fucking insane story

Comment

Originally posted by halfcut View Post
          Never let reality or facts get in the way of telling a completely fucking insane story

The movie felt like a live action anime in tone and direction. Still I enjoyed it.
          "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
            That movie had some decent fights but it was seriously off its tits. I thought it was supposed to be a biopic then you had ninja's and shit.
            Well, I mean, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story featured a battle against a demon-- but I guess that was supposed to be a metaphor...

Still, Fighter in the Wind remains more historically accurate than Bloodsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung-Fu Joe View Post
              Well, I mean, Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story featured a battle against a demon-- but I guess that was supposed to be a metaphor...

Still, Fighter in the Wind remains more historically accurate than Bloodsport.
              Star Wars episode one a phantom menace is more histotically accurate than bloodsport.
              "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Comment

Smashing out a quick necro here but...

....SICK TO DEATH of the state of UK politics in ITF Taekwon-Do at the moment! As an ITF TKD practitioner of nearly 24 years I've never seen our art so riddled with such a clusterfuck of power hungry muppets, nasty concoctions of non-seamless processes and association structures and I think you get the picture.

Anyone...?

Comment

Originally posted by gold_ax666 View Post
                  Smashing out a quick necro here but...

....SICK TO DEATH of the state of UK politics in ITF Taekwon-Do at the moment! As an ITF TKD practitioner of nearly 24 years I've never seen our art so riddled with such a clusterfuck of power hungry muppets, nasty concoctions of non-seamless processes and association structures and I think you get the picture.

Anyone...?
                  Hi could you elaborate on that?

Comment

ITF roundhouse in tight jeans is possible..

. If you want pain in your hips.. (everything is working against you)

But it can by done!

Proof
                    https://imgur.com/a/LClrxaZ

Screw Chuck Norris pants.

Comment

Hi could you elaborate on that?

Comment

Oh yes I have been on the recieving end of favouritism. I was promised a red belt testing a year earlier than I got it, with a dude who started
                        training the same year I did.

The plan was to do it together. Instructor went behind my back and graded him but never contacted me. That guy is a black belt now and I'm still red and we've trained exact same amount of time.

Comment

And that dude did favors for the instructor.. They got to know each other in the gym so I'm fine with that but don't tell me something and then go behind my back.

. Suddenly he shows up with a red belt.... Instructor doesn't say a word about why I wasn't there as if he completely forgot the original plan.

Comment

Oh yes I have been on the recieving end of favouritism. I was promised a red belt testing a year earlier than I got it, with a dude who started
                            training the same year I did.

The plan was to do it together. Instructor went behind my back and graded him but never contacted me. That guy is a black belt now and I'm still red and we've trained exact same amount of time.

Comment

How do you weigh forms vs sparring ability? It's hard to argue against someone who can hang with black belts (assuming he doesn't just brawl) simply because his form is less good.

Comment

Also, how big that TAGB off-shoot? Do they outnumber ITFs in your country?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X