Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullshidos opinion on ITF TaeKwonDo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    He is suddenly a noncompeting Boxer who apparently thinks TKD is on the same level as Karate. He doesn't kickbox either apparently.
    Link http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...7275&p=2956049
    does this mean hes a cuckboxer?

    Comment


      #77
      Why does teakwondo get more shit than Karate? Cause the majority of Karate taught (beyond a few notable exceptions) is shit. Taekwondo is just a watered down Karate style the Koreans modified to call their own... So it's also shit.

      The only way to really improve it would be to modify its rule set and training methodology to the point it would be unrecognizable. They did the same thing to correct karate... They called it Kickboxing.

      No one would begrudge you for learning TKD. Is shit as it was I used to enjoy it of only for the fun of throwing cool as fuck kicks and sparring as if we was in the Matrix. You want to set yourself a self imposed challenge of making TKD work on the level of Kickboxing then crack on.

      Just be aware though that as a default, the styles shit and you'd be better off just going to a full contact kickboxing gym if you wanted to learn how to fight.
      "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Heuristic View Post
        Can someone explain to me why Taekwondo gets so much more shit than traditional Karate styles? The training is equally soft and kid friendly. And let's not go into the absolutely dreadful Karate point fighting.
        Devil is this you trolling again?

        Comment


          #79
          I also studied Han Kuk Mu Do which was a TKD/Kick Boxing variant. Point scoring semi contact crap imagine TKD with punches to the face and boxing pumseas/katas.
          "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
            Why does teakwondo get more shit than Karate? Cause the majority of Karate taught (beyond a few notable exceptions) is shit. Taekwondo is just a watered down Karate style the Koreans modified to call their own... So it's also shit.

            The only way to really improve it would be to modify its rule set and training methodology to the point it would be unrecognizable. They did the same thing to correct karate... They called it Kickboxing.

            No one would begrudge you for learning TKD. Is shit as it was I used to enjoy it of only for the fun of throwing cool as fuck kicks and sparring as if we was in the Matrix. You want to set yourself a self imposed challenge of making TKD work on the level of Kickboxing then crack on.

            Just be aware though that as a default, the styles shit and you'd be better off just going to a full contact kickboxing gym if you wanted to learn how to fight.
            You answered yourself

            shit that gets watered down is diarrhoea, and thats a lot worse.

            Karate at least has kyokushin, I have yet to see Korea's rip off of Kyokushin that they claim to be so old it was around at the big bang and everyone else stole it cuz nashnull-ism

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
              You answered yourself

              shit that gets watered down is diarrhoea, and thats a lot worse.

              Karate at least has kyokushin, I have yet to see Korea's rip off of Kyokushin that they claim to be so old it was around at the big bang and everyone else stole it cuz nashnull-ism
              Mas Oyama was a Korean, so I guess they don't need to make Kyokushin Korean?

              Unrelated, but I the ITF Sparring does kind of remind me of American style kickboxing, though with lighter contact. A couple of the kickboxing gyms here in metro-Detroit were and still are ITF style TKD gyms.

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
                You answered yourself

                shit that gets watered down is diarrhoea, and thats a lot worse.

                Karate at least has kyokushin, I have yet to see Korea's rip off of Kyokushin that they claim to be so old it was around at the big bang and everyone else stole it cuz nashnull-ism
                I was replying to the whole "Why does Taekwondo get shit on and Karate doesn't" moan further on into the thread I was tired last night and forgot to quote.

                Karate has a more sensible base to it in general, it's just often poorly taught by McSensies. TKD has a poor base and often taught by poor instructors.
                "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                  I was replying to the whole "Why does Taekwondo get shit on and Karate doesn't" moan further on into the thread I was tired last night and forgot to quote.

                  Karate has a more sensible base to it in general, it's just often poorly taught by McSensies. TKD has a poor base and often taught by poor instructors.
                  The main problem with TKD over Karate is the sense of Nationalism in its style. Most TKD wants to distance themselves so far away from karate that it has gotten away from a lot of practical technique in favor of distinction from its founding systems.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                    Why does teakwondo get more shit than Karate? Cause the majority of Karate taught (beyond a few notable exceptions) is shit. Taekwondo is just a watered down Karate style the Koreans modified to call their own... So it's also shit.

                    The only way to really improve it would be to modify its rule set and training methodology to the point it would be unrecognizable. They did the same thing to correct karate... They called it Kickboxing.

                    No one would begrudge you for learning TKD. Is shit as it was I used to enjoy it of only for the fun of throwing cool as fuck kicks and sparring as if we was in the Matrix. You want to set yourself a self imposed challenge of making TKD work on the level of Kickboxing then crack on.

                    Just be aware though that as a default, the styles shit and you'd be better off just going to a full contact kickboxing gym if you wanted to learn how to fight.
                    But I'm not good at the tip tap fluff anyway, so perphaps the training did more good than bad. I can certainly kick better than when I started, even though my level is bad.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Originally posted by Heuristic View Post
                      But I'm not good at the tip tap fluff anyway, so perphaps the training did more good than bad. I can certainly kick better than when I started, even though my level is bad.


                      If you're no good at the tip tap stuff then why pick a style that is centralised around it? I don't understand what your goal is. Are you asking whether or not ITF TKD could be potentially useful in a fight or as a combat style?

                      Well I'd say if you have a sensible head on you and don't try that jumping combo tip tap kick shit they do, I'd say your likely to be able to look after yourself against someone with little no no training.

                      If you're wanting to go against a serious trained opponent then sure you couuuuuuld make TKD work for you, though you'd have to be exceptionally good at it and you'd have to basterdise or adjust the art to near on bearing no resemblance to its original form.. Where in, if you're going to go through that much effort, you may as well just chose a more practical system.
                      Last edited by Sovvolf; 6/16/2018 1:24pm, .
                      "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Sovvolf View Post
                        If you're no good at the tip tap stuff then why pick a style that is centralised around it? I don't understand what your goal is. Are you asking whether or not ITF TKD could be potentially useful in a fight or as a combat style?

                        Well I'd say if you have a sensible head on you and don't try that jumping combo tip tap kick shit they do, I'd say your likely to be able to look after yourself against someone with little no no training.

                        If you're wanting to go against a serious trained opponent then sure you couuuuuuld make TKD work for you, though you'd have to be exceptionally good at it and you'd have to basterdise or adjust the art to near on bearing no resemblance to its original form.. Where in, if you're going to go through that much effort, you may as well just chose a more practical system.
                        Because ITF is a bit more conservative and I wanted to see if I could get good at the more acrobatic stuff just as a goal to learn something difficult. Turns out my talent for that shit was Zero.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Heuristic View Post
                          Because ITF is a bit more conservative and I wanted to see if I could get good at the more acrobatic stuff just as a goal to learn something difficult. Turns out my talent for that shit was Zero.
                          Which there's nothing wrong with. If you want to learn it because you think it looks cool then all the power to you. I'll never ever fault anyone for it. Sure it's martial LARP but whatever you're having fun.
                          "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by halfcut View Post
                            Mas Oyama was a Korean, so I guess they don't need to make Kyokushin Korean?

                            Unrelated, but I the ITF Sparring does kind of remind me of American style kickboxing, though with lighter contact. A couple of the kickboxing gyms here in metro-Detroit were and still are ITF style TKD gyms.
                            It's still very much a japanese art given it's a karate style made of two karate styles Mas trained. If it was ITF or Korean art based system, I'd consider it as such, but not really,

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by kimjonghng View Post
                              It's still very much a japanese art given it's a karate style made of two karate styles Mas trained. If it was ITF or Korean art based system, I'd consider it as such, but not really,
                              Oh I'm aware, but the Koreans really play up his Koreanness and feel some degree of ownership for his work. There was a Korean movie made about him in 2004 that was one of the highest grossing films in the country that year. Nationalistic pride is a goofy animal

                              https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_in_the_Wind

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by halfcut View Post
                                Oh I'm aware, but the Koreans really play up his Koreanness and feel some degree of ownership for his work. There was a Korean movie made about him in 2004 that was one of the highest grossing films in the country that year. Nationalistic pride is a goofy animal

                                https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_in_the_Wind

                                That movie had some decent fights but it was seriously off its tits. I thought it was supposed to be a biopic then you had ninja's and shit.
                                "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X