Ninja Ron vs Icy Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    If there is a problem I consistently see with millennials, it is exactly what you and BFM said. I use the term "millennials" with reservation, but having a daughter of that generation, it is something I have consistently noticed.

It seems the level of disregard for others has risen since we have taken away the good old fashioned ass whoopin as a tolerated and socially acceptable form of behavior modification. I only reference the latest generation of young adults because most of them have never been forced to reflect on their words or actions by means of an ass kicking, and have spent their entire lives being able to act and speak towards others in whatever manner they feel like at the moment without repercussions.
    I think the Web is to blame. Kids and even some adults have replaced social bonding and inter personal communication with texts and pics and videos. You can insult 100 people a day on the web whether they earn it or not...so it's not a big shock that people abuse it. It would be nice to see more people being held accountable.

This beef here is a warts and all exposure of something we know happens all the time but just not as viral. This has got to be the first time I've seen a vendetta between two random people online get so much exposure, as in I'm reading about it on multiple sites. And according to the thread here...this stuff was percolating on BS for years.

Some of the funniest shit I've ever read was Collins BDFS page compared to the videos of him. To read his shit you'd think he was a Jedi knight but then you see his mug shot on BS. L o l. If Bullshido ever has an official mascot, it should be Ron. He's so earned it.

Comment

If there is a problem I consistently see with millennials, it is exactly what you and BFM said. I use the term "millennials" with reservation, but having a daughter of that generation, it is something I have consistently noticed.

It seems the level of disregard for others has risen since we have taken away the good old fashioned ass whoopin as a tolerated and socially acceptable form of behavior modification. I only reference the latest generation of young adults because most of them have never been forced to reflect on their words or actions by means of an ass kicking, and have spent their entire lives being able to act and speak towards others in whatever manner they feel like at the moment without repercussions.
      I dunno, I feel like that pined-for era of asskicking included plenty of piece of shit tough guys never getting told off when they should've been, because they were big and tough and mean.

Comment

Originally posted by ermghoti View Post
        Pedo-ninja boasts,
        MMA guy challenges him
        Loses, thirty seconds
        fixed. get the record straight.

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
        look what happened to him. got crowded in round 2. never took it back.

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
        No. It's that I've watched Ninja Ron's Youtube videos, and I honestly think that the man is suffering a severe mental handicap.
        severe? planning to drug somebody takes lots of mental faculty. i've helped treat mental patients. he's not a severe level. if you said fitness handicap then i would have agreed wholeheartedly.

But in general, yes I think society has gone beyond civilized to horribly domesticated. It's why I think bullies thrive. They aren't worried that some jock will have an altruistic moment and knock their block off for picking on the fat kid with the comic books, because, "violence doesn't solve anything and is always wrong" in modern society.
        i have been having conflicted feelings about this talk of "domesticated" and "speak shit freely without repercussions" that i can't put my finger on. then i realized you guys were all about the first world and i'm just a third-world bum in a place where you can kill someone who pisses you off by shooting him in a drive-by and placing a placard that says "drug pusher" to get off scot-free. carry on.

Comment

Reminds me of my two favorite quotes:

and

Now if I could just figure out how to have those show up on every post I make.

But in general, yes I think society has gone beyond civilized to horribly domesticated. It's why I think bullies thrive. They aren't worried that some jock will have an altruistic moment and knock their block off for picking on the fat kid with the comic books, because, "violence doesn't solve anything and is always wrong" in modern society.
          I agree with this wholeheartedly! I should have the right to do anything, but you should have the right to kill me.

Well you know what, society aside, I believe a good parent should teach his kid not to rely and/or obey the rules too much. Take them with a grain of salt, if you will.

Originally posted by baby_cart View Post
          i have been having conflicted feelings about this talk of "domesticated" and "speak shit freely without repercussions" that i can't put my finger on. then i realized you guys were all about the first world and i'm just a third-world bum in a place where you can kill someone who pisses you off by shooting him in a drive-by and placing a placard that says "drug pusher" to get off scot-free. carry on.
          Respect
          Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 8/27/2017 4:49pm, .
          go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Comment

Originally posted by baby_cart View Post
            Definitely not a world wide issue. Much of the world is too calloused and life worth too little. The range of the perspectives of today's humans is incredible, some can't image being hungry and others can't imagine day to day stability and time for leisure.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
              I dunno, I feel like that pined-for era of asskicking included plenty of piece of shit tough guys never getting told off when they should've been, because they were big and tough and mean.
              Valid point, but I seem to remember those people being the outliers, and usually was dealt with by the strength of numbers. I'm thinking in terms of adolescence.

I simply remember that I learned not to be a jerk growing up, because if you were too big a jerk, you would eventually get your ass beat.

It's a sound social principle, that still seems to produce the desired results. I remember when web blogger extroidinair, Perez Hilton, was really gaining popularity and I couldn't seem to turn on the TV or open a web browser without someone seeing fit to tell me all about his obnoxiously delivered opinion. That lasted until one of the guys he was mouthing off about ran into him in a nightclub and popped him. He STFU for a long long time, and last I heard anything out of him, he was miraculously not an obnoxious asshole anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
                I agree with this wholeheartedly! I should have the right to do anything, but you should have the right to kill me.

Well you know what, society aside, I believe a good parent should teach his kid not to rely and/or obey the rules too much. Take them with a grain of salt, if you will.
                I tend to take this approach to an extent. Ultimately, I expect my pet people to be responsible for, and answer for, themselves. The other half of the approach you mentioned is that you can't shield them from the consequences of their decisions, even if they are justifiable. If you are willing to go outside of"the rules", you need to be prepared for the consequences.

One of my phrases, which comes up when they bring up a "stupid rule" at school or wherever, is "those rules are for the people who aren't smart enough to figure it out on their own".

Comment

http://blackdragonninjitsu.blogspot.com/?m=1

Still nothing from Ron on the (sic) fight.
                  Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

I checked earlier today to see what Ron had to say, and other than a short video on his YouTube channel stating he lost, he has been quiet.

I haven't bothered to see if Don Roley has anything to say about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tranquil Suit View Post

Not the right to kill you, but the right to whoop your ass. Look at the reason Streetbeefs got started. People will talk shit, and with no proper and socially accepted outlet said beef escalates to deadly violence.

Where I grew up, until the mid-late 1980's you had an issue with someone(at least as a teen) there was a boxing ring, and the high school wrestling coach would referee. You getting bullied by some dick and his friends, go talk to coach, and you'll get gloved up and able to deal with it one on one.

How many of these Nazi salute throwing guys you think there would be if back when they were in school, minorities were able to pull them into boxing rings and beat the silly off them?
                      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Not the right to kill you, but the right to whoop your ass. Look at the reason Streetbeefs got started. People will talk shit, and with no proper and socially accepted outlet said beef escalates to deadly violence.

Where I grew up, until the mid-late 1980's you had an issue with someone(at least as a teen) there was a boxing ring, and the high school wrestling coach would referee. You getting bullied by some dick and his friends, go talk to coach, and you'll get gloved up and able to deal with it one on one.

How many of these Nazi salute throwing guys you think there would be if back when they were in school, minorities were able to pull them into boxing rings and beat the silly off them?
                        what boxing ring? two years ago, i witnessed a real street beef at bautista near gil puyat ave, makati past twelve midnight. two dozen youths formed a ring in the middle of the deserted street, 4 houses away where a local politician lives. and they let the two guys have at it.

holyland shit, motherfuckers.

Comment

I disagree with this "hey let's duel" theory of social justice.
                          As a kid I was very unathletic, and in fact I still am though at my age (41) many people don't exercise anymore so on the whole I'm way above the average of my age group.

The idea that I could "whoop the ass" of someone who mistreated or bullied me is crazy (lockily I was never really bullied).

Also someone strong enough would be still able to sprout all the bullshit he wants? How is people spreading bullshit on the internet a worse problem than physical violence?

Comment

Where I grew up, until the mid-late 1980's...
                            [snip]
                            You do realize that neo-Nazi rallies were such a big deal in the 70s and 80s that The Blues Brothers featured a fantasy-fulfillment scene where the titular characters Charlottesvilled a group of them on a bridge?

I kind of hold a middle ground position on whooping asses. I'd concur that the zero-tolerance silliness is at the counter-productive stage in schools, I can certainly see the merit of a Portland Solution, but I am very aware of MisterMr's position, in that not only does a "let 'em" sort it out" policy allow large/strong/talented jackasses to terrorize a community (and given that in my 7th grade wrestling season, I weighed between 64-69 lbs, I have no doubt where on the food chain I was), it can lead to retaliatory escalation, which is a large part of why we have criminal and civil codes in the first place.
                            "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                            DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                            Originally posted by Devil
                            Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                            Originally posted by Plasma
                            At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                            Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                            Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

People need a way to figure out what they are truly made of, most people are not as fragile as they think and the rest are no where near as tough as they think.

Pitt Fights or some Vale Tudo starting with middle schoolers or something seems reasonable. You gotta ease the social changes in before mandatory time in the County Gladiatortorian!!! to settle civil stuff like custody disputes ...and people will have to learn the rules and rituals for the Sword Duels each morning at dawn on the Courthouse steps.
                              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                              BILL HICKS,
                              1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                              ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                                People need a way to figure out what they are truly made of, most people are not as fragile as they think and the rest are no where near as tough as they think.

Pitt Fights or some Vale Tudo starting with middle schoolers or something seems reasonable. You gotta ease the social changes in before mandatory time in the County Gladiatortorian!!! to settle civil stuff like custody disputes ...and people will have to learn the rules and rituals for the Sword Duels each morning at dawn on the Courthouse steps.
                                The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X