Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a BJJ black belt named Bernie Gorak in Bourbonnais, Illinois??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ermghoti
    replied
    Pro boxer, so, he used to work in packaging?

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
    He actually made these claims to me directly.

Here's him claiming to be a pro boxer and MMA fighter:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17507[/ATTACH]

And here is where he claims to be a BJJ black belt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17508[/ATTACH]
    Pro boxer is easy to confirm as there would be a record of it. If his MMA is in a small organization then it might be hard to find.

Leave a comment:

• C0WB0Y
    replied
    Originally posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    I've been looking and looking and I can't find a single instance (online, at least) of this chap claiming a BJJ black belt. As IIF says, are you sure you've got the right Bernie Gorak? Other than a few general comments on MMA, he seems pretty wrapped up with his Ed Parker stuff.
    He actually made these claims to me directly.

Here's him claiming to be a pro boxer and MMA fighter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	4330277

And here is where he claims to be a BJJ black belt:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	4330278

Leave a comment:

• Cake of Doom
    replied
    I've been looking and looking and I can't find a single instance (online, at least) of this chap claiming a BJJ black belt. As IIF says, are you sure you've got the right Bernie Gorak? Other than a few general comments on MMA, he seems pretty wrapped up with his Ed Parker stuff.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    I still have money on the Legit BJJ Blackbelt from a legit Shaolin Monk on the coffee producing mountains of Brazil. He got so good so quick he just doesn't like... like it anymore... you know?

That is what happens when someone with real talent explores a MA. Something none of you know anything about.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    I'm waiting to see if he turns the tables, no he can't, into the weird Jiujitsu /MMA thing some Kenpo was doing awhile back. We had a thread on it and I'll post it here later.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    I've never met a BJJ black belt(or brown belt, or purple belt, or blue belt, or even a white belt with stripes) who won't tell you with great pride who exactly it was that promoted them. Usually with photo and certificate evidence on demand as well. Personally I would find that extremely suspect. The "you have to come to my dojo" to see my certificate thing could go two ways. Some people get touchy about putting certificates online because it allows other people to steal them, and falsify their own credentials. In such a case, though, I would think it would go more like, "Yeah I got my black belt from so and so, who got his from so and so, who got his from Some Famous Badass", if you want to see the cert though, I'm gonna have to ask you to stop in because there have been conterfeiting problems in the past."

However, what you are reporting sounds more like bullshit artist and not security savvy black belt.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    That dummy is talking about Kempo forms and belt testing all over his Facebook.

There's no mention of BJJ and what BJJ black belt still cares that much about Kempo forms?

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?
    Ummmm..... Yeah.... about that.....
    I not only contend that he is not a black belt, I don't believe he has ever gone hard with a high level black belt.

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied
    Guaranteed bullshit artist, I'm going to call it now. You don't put the hours required of a BJJ black belt in and say it is over-rated, and not provide your lineage when questioned.

Leave a comment:

• ermghoti
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.
    That usually takes a valid credit card, and not a decade of blood and sweat.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?
    People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    I did and he refuses to offer any comment on his lineage.
    This is probably the only answer you really need. Anyone who won't even discus it probably has reason not to.

Leave a comment:

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You may consider letting him know he's now a topic here and this thread will show high in any search by others from his name alone.

Until then, his un-viewed certificate means diddly.
    Its a 24 hour bike ride for me.. I am not up to that yet.

Leave a comment:

• C0WB0Y
    replied
    Oh, I let him know.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X