Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know a BJJ black belt named Bernie Gorak in Bourbonnais, Illinois??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a BJJ black belt named Bernie Gorak in Bourbonnais, Illinois??

He runs a Kenpo school but keeps telling me he is also a BJJ black belt, pro boxer and pro MMA fighter. I cannot find any verification on this. Can anyone help?

https://www.facebook.com/bernie.gorak.56

Here's what I've found so far:
    http://www.ikfkickboxing.com/News05Oct.htm

Super Welterweight Muay Thai (147.1-153 lbs)
    Matine Silverwolf (Olympic Arena - Manteno, IL) vs Bernie Gorak (Gorak's Shotokan - Bourbonnais, IL)

Still, do you know which one you are talking to? It seems they all use the FB page and there are three of them in various incarnations over the internet.

Comment

I have direct PM's from Bernie Gorak himself claiming to be a BJJ black belt.

Comment

Originally posted by C0WB0Y View Post
        I have direct PM's from Bernie Gorak himself claiming to be a BJJ black belt.
        I'm sure you asked him his lineage.
        GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
        Originally posted by Devil
        I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
        Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
        I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I did and he refuses to offer any comment on his lineage.

Comment

Huh, I thought you BJJ were all big into the whole lineage thing.Most people (like Rayce and Murphy) won't shut the fuck up about it. Hell even the Judo guys get all indignant and start listing off names and comps.

Maybe that is just guys with really good pedigrees...

Maybe this guy is the magical unicorn with a legit BJJ blackbelt from a monk on the mountains in Brazil or something.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?

Comment

I was told that I could see his BJJ black belt certification only if I come to his dojo in Bourbonnais, Illinois.

But he also tells me that BJJ is "over rated". Does anyone else find it odd that someone would go through all the effort of attaining the rank of black belt in a martial art they feel is over-rated?
                You may consider letting him know he's now a topic here and this thread will show high in any search by others from his name alone.

Until then, his un-viewed certificate means diddly.
                Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Oh, I let him know.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                    You may consider letting him know he's now a topic here and this thread will show high in any search by others from his name alone.

Until then, his un-viewed certificate means diddly.
                    Its a 24 hour bike ride for me.. I am not up to that yet.
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

This is probably the only answer you really need. Anyone who won't even discus it probably has reason not to.

Comment

People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                          People get blackbelts in "over-rated" arts all the time.
                          That usually takes a valid credit card, and not a decade of blood and sweat.
                          "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
                          DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
                          Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
                          Originally posted by Plasma
                          At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
                          Originally posted by SoulMechanic
                          Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Guaranteed bullshit artist, I'm going to call it now. You don't put the hours required of a BJJ black belt in and say it is over-rated, and not provide your lineage when questioned.
                            GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                            I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                            Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Ummmm..... Yeah.... about that.....
                              I not only contend that he is not a black belt, I don't believe he has ever gone hard with a high level black belt.
                              The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X