I just...Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just...Well...

I found this while chasing down links from the Yangi Ryu thread/Don Angier thread necro.

I hope they eventually add in additional training to deal with the second punch and various leg kicks/takedowns...

Strikers, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Originally posted by BKR View Post
    I found this while chasing down links from the Yangi Ryu thread/Don Angier thread necro.

I hope they eventually add in additional training to deal with the second punch and various leg kicks/takedowns...

Well before they can deal with the second punch they might want to stop the first one. Fucking hell that sucked ass.

Comment

What do they think they are doing ?
      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        What do they think they are doing ?
        You tell me, my striking knowledge was mostly learned on bullshido.net.

In terms of pedagogy, I think they are doing a sort of an isolation drill to focus on upper body and head movement. You pin the feet down so you can't move your entire body to respond to the strike. That in itself may not be a bad thing.

I know, my MSc. in Obviousology is showing again.

The problem is they appear to be doing other stuff wrong, and repeating it over and over again (ignoring covering against another punch).

I suppose one could argue that they are super-isolating versus one punch, but that's like learning how to avoid a front triangle choke by giving up the armbar...you have to unlearn the first shit to deal with the second.

I'm guessing boxers do head movement (bob/weave/etc) drills but don't leave themselves open to get walloped by the other hand.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

I think I'd be interested in the drills these guys do to train head movement avoiding strikes plus counter-striking.

Like boxing drills all over the Interwebz...

Comment

I'm guessing boxers do head movement (bob/weave/etc) drills but don't leave themselves open to get walloped by the other hand.
            I just let my sparring partners punch me in the head, sooner or later they get tired and I'm fresh... Also where are my car keys?
            Where am I?
            Who am I?

Comment

The World: man, aikido and wing chun are ridiculously bad! You couldn't come up with a worse martial art if you tried!

Aikijujutsu: HOLD MY BEER
              "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
              DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
              Originally posted by Devil
              Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
              Originally posted by Plasma
              At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
              Originally posted by SoulMechanic
              Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

It seems to me that from 7:11 ("now punch harder!") onwards when the blondie punches, he first slightly touches the hand that is going to punch (I suspect in order to tell the other guy from where the punch is coming).

Why are they blocking the legs? Well in my case, when someone attacks me continuously, even if I know I should move laterally, I tend to move backwards (so the other guy charges in and ultimately gets me). I see the "move backward" thing as the striking arts equivalent of stiff arms in judo.
                Maybe they're just doing a "dodge without moving backwards" drill.

Comment

This looks perfectly fine. You clearly don't know anything about martial arts and have brought great dishonor upon yourself and this website.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                  http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                  3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                  I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                  That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                  Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                  I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                    This looks perfectly fine. You clearly don't know anything about martial arts and have brought great dishonor upon yourself and this website.
                    Moosey, what's up ? Long time no see here for sure.

Get into a POST academy?

Never mind, see you are in law school now. Where did you get your undergraduate degree?

Comment

Its nice to see someone with some sense around here again. You should hang out more often.
                      I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                      BILL HICKS,
                      1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                      ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Moosey, what's up ? Long time no see here for sure.

Get into a POST academy?

Never mind, see you are in law school now. Where did you get your undergraduate degree?
                        Been busy! Did undergrad at Park university! How has bullshido been?

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                        I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                          Its nice to see someone with some sense around here again. You should hang out more often.
                          heart react.

I agree with moosey

Comment

Same old same BS !

Comment

you have been missing on a lot of bicep curls and other stuff:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126545

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X