X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungryjoe, You OK ?

Fucking tornadoes...

Good here!

Sucker hit Tulsa so fast the warnings never sounded. Thanks for checking. Don't know who here still posting or lurking is in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
      Good here!

Sucker hit Tulsa so fast the warnings never sounded. Thanks for checking. Don't know who here still posting or lurking is in that area.
      That's good news from you.

I lived in Wichita Falls until I was 23 years old, tornadoes are not fun. Damned sirens going off in the middle of the night...

Comment

Hit about 2 miles from my house, but so far we are good.

Comment

Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
          That's pretty damned close. Glad it missed you.

Comment

Forgot about you. My bad. Glad you're Okay!

Do you have good earthquake insurance? Had a fairly good shaker again last week.

Comment

Do you have good earthquake insurance? Had a fairly good shaker again last week.
              They need to produce, frac and re-inject more, amirite?

Between the tornadoes and the earthquakes, it keeps things interesting in normally boring as hell Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                They need to produce, frac and re-inject more, amirite?

Between the tornadoes and the earthquakes, it keeps things interesting in normally boring as hell Oklahoma.
                Shut your dirty whore mouth. You lived in Wichita Falls.

We have fishing and hunting too! Just none of that God's country beautiful landscape. For that, I am truly envious.

You see my avatar? Sparsely add some hair and that's me. You see me running around your area you'll know I couldn't take it anymore. Do have an anytime invite back to Montana or Colorado for an extended stay.

Comment

Missed me Too

Good here!

Lost power for 4hours. It is good to have your house halfway down a hill. Joe

Comment

Yep. We are pretty well set up here. Hopefully we don't need it.
                    I mean, fracing in to a seismic fault line... What could possibly go wrong with that plan...

Comment

Shut your dirty whore mouth. You lived in Wichita Falls.

We have fishing and hunting too! Just none of that God's country beautiful landscape. For that, I am truly envious.

You see my avatar? Sparsely add some hair and that's me. You see me running around your area you'll know I couldn't take it anymore. Do have an anytime invite back to Montana or Colorado for an extended stay.
                      Let me know if you make it this way, I'll take you to the liquor store and let you buy me some Rye...

Comment

Yep. We are pretty well set up here. Hopefully we don't need it.
                        I mean, fracing in to a seismic fault line... What could possibly go wrong with that plan...
                        Hey, doesn't that sort of thing mitigate larger quakes at a later date ?

Gotta keep those faults lubricated or too much pressure builds up.

Comment

Originally posted by MarJoe View Post
                          Lost power for 4hours. It is good to have your house halfway down a hill. Joe
                          You are a tough old Marine, I figured the temblors avoided you at all costs...

Glad to hear you didn't end up in Oz !

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                            Hey, doesn't that sort of thing mitigate larger quakes at a later date ?

Gotta keep those faults lubricated or too much pressure builds up.
                            I'm gonna read sarcasm tags in to this and just say, sure, yeah, cause that's how fault lines work...
                            <rolls eyes>

Comment

I'm gonna read sarcasm tags in to this and just say, sure, yeah, cause that's how fault lines work...
                              <rolls eyes>
                              Go ask Dr. Bregman, he is a geophysicist...tell him Ben Reinhardt told you to ask him, and says "hello" from beautiful Idaho, LOL!

Anyway, pressure builds up on fault. The pressure releases, wa-la, earthquake.

Theoretically, it's better to release that pressure gradually instead of letting it build up and go mostly at once. So if you could lubricate the fault zone, and get it to slip a little, instead of a lot...

Get the picture?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X