Yes, I would like some bear spray.

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
    And not these kind .....
    I didn't go there, Rayce. But I guarantee I almost did...

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...
    You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
    And not these kind .....

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.
    Amen to that...

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...
    My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied

Bear and water buffalo repellent.
    That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...

Besides, all you need is a compact 9mm loaded with these...
    https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=388

Or get some of their similar loads for .45 ACP.
    https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...uct_list&c=161

However, you should carry some anti-bear spray if you are really worried about it. It doubles as anti-human spray as well.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    You will want to load it with something that will penetrate deeply for black bears, which is all you have to worry about on the east coast. Although they do get pretty damned big over there.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    yeah, seen a few, and recently saw that 2 people were killed by black bears in alaska, which really goes against the whole "black bears are more scared of you" thing. i know it's really unlikely to happen but having a pistol in a chest harness seems like some easy insurance, plus it's pretty much the only time i can carry a loaded gun (outside of my home or the range) so there's the weird desire to do so (see what happens when you live under a fascist regime!?!)

i've never eaten bear, and if i do ever have to shoot one, i'll definitely eat it, but i agree with something joe rogan said when talking to steve rinella on his podcast (not finding it easily so i'll paraphrase) in that i have a certain amount of respect for bears as alpha predators and i'd really rather not kill one.
    Black bears will kill you dead. We had a couple of this summer over at Priest Lake. Nobody died, fortunately.

My ex and our kids went to Alaska this summer for 10 days. I saw the reports of the bear attacks, and reminded her to buy bear spray for everybody, which she did.

Anybody who thinks black bears are more scared of humans than vice versa, well, doesn't respect "alpha predators" very much. Maybe sometimes, but it's not a bet I'd take.

Props for exercising your rights when allowed by the State of New York.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    I think that's a grizzly though, but yeah.... ++p penetraters wouldn't hurt or a ruger super redhawk loaded with some hot shit.

Leave a comment:

• Ming Loyalist
    replied
    maybe my .45 isn't gonna cut it :(

http://www.bear-hunting.com/2017/7/4...l-july-15-2017

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied

Bear and water buffalo repellent.

Leave a comment:

• Ming Loyalist
    replied
    That will work. I guess you've seen the utoobz videos of bears climbing up to tree stands.
    yeah, seen a few, and recently saw that 2 people were killed by black bears in alaska, which really goes against the whole "black bears are more scared of you" thing. i know it's really unlikely to happen but having a pistol in a chest harness seems like some easy insurance, plus it's pretty much the only time i can carry a loaded gun (outside of my home or the range) so there's the weird desire to do so (see what happens when you live under a fascist regime!?!)

Shoot the bear and make smokies out of it. They are delicious. Or is bear not kosher?

Even better, shoot the bear, make smokies, have the pelt tanned and hang it up in your apartment. Will make a great conversation piece for any guests...while they exclaim over how delicious the sausages are !
    i've never eaten bear, and if i do ever have to shoot one, i'll definitely eat it, but i agree with something joe rogan said when talking to steve rinella on his podcast (not finding it easily so i'll paraphrase) in that i have a certain amount of respect for bears as alpha predators and i'd really rather not kill one.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X