Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who needs bear spray?

http://www.maionline.co.uk/technique...ff-bear-karate

"In this predicament, rather than try to outrun the creature, he decided to use his karate skills, and assumed fighting stance. The bear was no match for his high jabs to the eyes, and scrambled away into the woods."

I...

This...

How...

I have no words.

Woha!!!

another article on this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...r-with-karate/

(though the wording of this article is so close to that of the OP I guess they are copypasting the same original)

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
      Woha!!!

another article on this story:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...r-with-karate/

(though the wording of this article is so close to that of the OP I guess they are copypasting the same original)
      Yeah, I found about a dozen different web sites with the story posted. The one I included here is one of the few that aren't blocked for me at work.

Comment

It was videoed, here is the clip

Comment

HA! Nice try!

You can't fool me- the guy did not drive the bear away with his forceful jabs, as the article clearly stated.

That bear has pretty good paw-work, though.

Comment

and that's why i'm going to have my 1911 with me in the tree stand in november, so i don't have to use my judo on a poor bear.
            "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
            "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
            "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
            "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
              and that's why i'm going to have my 1911 with me in the tree stand in november, so i don't have to use my judo on a poor bear.
              A high-power rifle won't kill a bear?
              Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                Maybe it's a ninja bear?

Comment

I heard PETA was working with the Russians; passing out body armor to bears and training them in a Systema/Krav Maga/BJJ hybrid Street Art for woodland encounters. So ... if you want to push your luck you can try and find out.
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                  ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                    I heard PETA was working with the Russians; passing out body armor to bears and training them in a Systema/Krav Maga/BJJ hybrid Street Art for woodland encounters. So ... if you want to push your luck you can try and find out.
                    Last edited by BKR; 8/04/2017 11:45am, .

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

well this is the southern half of NY state so using a high powered rifle to hunt is STRENG VERBOTEN! (achtung!)

i'll have a 12 gauge shotgun set up for slugs, the idea is if a bear were to get close enough to me (climbing the tree) the pistol would be easier to use, i mean sure the shotgun would be better at distance, but we're talking about "just in case" here. ever dozed off in the tree stand?

EDIT: i'm going for deer, not bear. despite having a bear tag, i have no desire to eat a bear and therefore won't hunt for them.
                      Last edited by Ming Loyalist; 8/04/2017 12:25pm, .
                      "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
                      "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
                      "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
                      "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                        well this is the southern half of NY state so using a high powered rifle to hunt is STRENG VERBOTEN! (achtung!)

i'll have a 12 gauge shotgun set up for slugs, the idea is if a bear were to get close enough to me (climbing the tree) the pistol would be easier to use, i mean sure the shotgun would be better at distance, but we're talking about "just in case" here. ever dozed off in the tree stand?

EDIT: i'm going for deer, not bear. despite having a bear tag, i have no desire to eat a bear and therefore won't hunt for them.
                        That will work. I guess you've seen the utoobz videos of bears climbing up to tree stands.

Shoot the bear and make smokies out of it. They are delicious. Or is bear not kosher?

Even better, shoot the bear, make smokies, have the pelt tanned and hang it up in your apartment. Will make a great conversation piece for any guests...while they exclaim over how delicious the sausages are !

Comment

That will work. I guess you've seen the utoobz videos of bears climbing up to tree stands.
                          yeah, seen a few, and recently saw that 2 people were killed by black bears in alaska, which really goes against the whole "black bears are more scared of you" thing. i know it's really unlikely to happen but having a pistol in a chest harness seems like some easy insurance, plus it's pretty much the only time i can carry a loaded gun (outside of my home or the range) so there's the weird desire to do so (see what happens when you live under a fascist regime!?!)

Shoot the bear and make smokies out of it. They are delicious. Or is bear not kosher?

Even better, shoot the bear, make smokies, have the pelt tanned and hang it up in your apartment. Will make a great conversation piece for any guests...while they exclaim over how delicious the sausages are !
                          i've never eaten bear, and if i do ever have to shoot one, i'll definitely eat it, but i agree with something joe rogan said when talking to steve rinella on his podcast (not finding it easily so i'll paraphrase) in that i have a certain amount of respect for bears as alpha predators and i'd really rather not kill one.

Comment

Bear and water buffalo repellent.
                            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

maybe my .45 isn't gonna cut it :(

http://www.bear-hunting.com/2017/7/4...l-july-15-2017

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X