Who needs bear spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    I think that's a grizzly though, but yeah.... ++p penetraters wouldn't hurt or a ruger super redhawk loaded with some hot shit.
    The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

yeah, seen a few, and recently saw that 2 people were killed by black bears in alaska, which really goes against the whole "black bears are more scared of you" thing. i know it's really unlikely to happen but having a pistol in a chest harness seems like some easy insurance, plus it's pretty much the only time i can carry a loaded gun (outside of my home or the range) so there's the weird desire to do so (see what happens when you live under a fascist regime!?!)

i've never eaten bear, and if i do ever have to shoot one, i'll definitely eat it, but i agree with something joe rogan said when talking to steve rinella on his podcast (not finding it easily so i'll paraphrase) in that i have a certain amount of respect for bears as alpha predators and i'd really rather not kill one.
      Black bears will kill you dead. We had a couple of this summer over at Priest Lake. Nobody died, fortunately.

My ex and our kids went to Alaska this summer for 10 days. I saw the reports of the bear attacks, and reminded her to buy bear spray for everybody, which she did.

Anybody who thinks black bears are more scared of humans than vice versa, well, doesn't respect "alpha predators" very much. Maybe sometimes, but it's not a bet I'd take.

Props for exercising your rights when allowed by the State of New York.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

You will want to load it with something that will penetrate deeply for black bears, which is all you have to worry about on the east coast. Although they do get pretty damned big over there.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Bear and water buffalo repellent.
          That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...

Besides, all you need is a compact 9mm loaded with these...
          https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=388

Or get some of their similar loads for .45 ACP.
          https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...uct_list&c=161

However, you should carry some anti-bear spray if you are really worried about it. It doubles as anti-human spray as well.

Comment

Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
              Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...
              My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.
              The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.
                Amen to that...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...
                  You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
                  And not these kind .....

Comment

You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
                    And not these kind .....
                    I didn't go there, Rayce. But I guarantee I almost did...

Comment

Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Yes, I would like some bear spray.
                        Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Yeah I'll take some too if it's going

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X