Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs bear spray?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    I think that's a grizzly though, but yeah.... ++p penetraters wouldn't hurt or a ruger super redhawk loaded with some hot shit.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
      yeah, seen a few, and recently saw that 2 people were killed by black bears in alaska, which really goes against the whole "black bears are more scared of you" thing. i know it's really unlikely to happen but having a pistol in a chest harness seems like some easy insurance, plus it's pretty much the only time i can carry a loaded gun (outside of my home or the range) so there's the weird desire to do so (see what happens when you live under a fascist regime!?!)



      i've never eaten bear, and if i do ever have to shoot one, i'll definitely eat it, but i agree with something joe rogan said when talking to steve rinella on his podcast (not finding it easily so i'll paraphrase) in that i have a certain amount of respect for bears as alpha predators and i'd really rather not kill one.
      Black bears will kill you dead. We had a couple of this summer over at Priest Lake. Nobody died, fortunately.

      My ex and our kids went to Alaska this summer for 10 days. I saw the reports of the bear attacks, and reminded her to buy bear spray for everybody, which she did.

      Anybody who thinks black bears are more scared of humans than vice versa, well, doesn't respect "alpha predators" very much. Maybe sometimes, but it's not a bet I'd take.

      Props for exercising your rights when allowed by the State of New York.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
        You will want to load it with something that will penetrate deeply for black bears, which is all you have to worry about on the east coast. Although they do get pretty damned big over there.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post


          Bear and water buffalo repellent.
          That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...

          Besides, all you need is a compact 9mm loaded with these...
          https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=388

          Or get some of their similar loads for .45 ACP.
          https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...uct_list&c=161

          However, you should carry some anti-bear spray if you are really worried about it. It doubles as anti-human spray as well.

          Comment


            #20
            Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

            Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by BKR View Post
              Funny thing is, I've never seen a bear around here when bear hunting. Just hiking around, yeah, once or twice I've run into them. All black bears, no griz, but I've seen fresh griz tracks more than once...

              Back to bare-handed bruin fighting: Prepare to get chewed up. Even a small black bear is stronger than Rayce, and that's saying something...
              My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                My last name means bear in Polish. I am by far the safest bear to got H2H with.
                Amen to that...

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by BKR View Post
                  That scope is going to hurt going in for sure. Keep the whole thing well lubricated...
                  You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
                  And not these kind .....

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                    You do know we are talking about these kinDs of bears.....
                    And not these kind .....
                    I didn't go there, Rayce. But I guarantee I almost did...

                    Comment


                      #25





                      Comment


                        #26
                        Yes, I would like some bear spray.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Yeah I'll take some too if it's going

                          Comment

                          Collapse

                          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                          Working...
                          X