• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NittyRanks
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ulsteryank
    replied
    Johnny and Miguel. Both have a foot in the dark, and the other in the light. Able to pull the trigger, and give honour, though they should know them gray areas better. Miguel had the Larusso girl and the kickboxer chic....wasnt down with the Medal of Honor theft on the other characters.

Heard an acoustic lick of "Bad Company" when Johnny and his other mate were in the woods with the old Cobra crew. That should always be the tune when smashing beers with the boys

Leave a comment:

• brihno360
    replied
    I agree. I hope they don't do this over and over again ala every show every produced by the CW.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Did anyone else feel that the episode ended on too many cliff hangers? I feel that unlike the first season, this one really didn't resolve any of the conflicts it set up.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Johnny is such an awesome character.

Almost every scene with him in it is solid gold.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied

Fuck yeah

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    I agree on Daniel in this show. I mean he was always a bit of a twat in the original movies, but I just chalked that up to a teen thing. He just never grew up.

Johnny is actually experiencing growth. Ultimately I see his Cobra Kai being like the original Gracie academy. They are going to be hardcore without the felonious behavior of Kreese.

Kreese is a total twat waffle, and in his own right is as bad as Daniel. He is there solely for his own glory and will destroy all of those kids to that end. As a father I wouldn't want Daniel teaching my kid. I wouldn't want Kreese teaching my kid. I would want Johnny teaching them though.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I agree. Which is why my favorite episode was when Johnny got together with the other former Cobras and they reflected upon where Cobra Kai and its philosophy had taken them.

I like Hawk in that he is honest about who he is.

My favorite so far is Johnny though. I think it is because I see myself reflected in him a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Tranquil Suit
    replied
    Only watched clips on youtube so far but bonus points to the creators for:

SPOILER ALERT

Oh shit, he finally got his bodybag! How ironic.

EDIT: shit, I still don't know the definition of irony. I'm always in doubt when I use that word.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 5/01/2019 2:13am, .

Leave a comment:

• Michael Tzadok
    replied
    Originally posted by Devil View Post
    Hawk represents the true spirit of the original Cobra Kai.

But I always root for the bad guy. Shane was my favorite Walking Dead character.
    I agree. Which is why my favorite episode was when Johnny got together with the other former Cobras and they reflected upon where Cobra Kai and its philosophy had taken them.

I like Hawk in that he is honest about who he is.

My favorite so far is Johnny though. I think it is because I see myself reflected in him a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by submessenger View Post
    Hawk is a dick with a hairlip, I saw that coming from S1E1. So far, my favorite is Johnny. Yeah, it's the old down-and-out-ex-asshole-becomes-a-reformed-champion trope, but they play it well, and with a fair bit of humor and humanity, and Coors. I have the remaining 2 episodes of S2 to get through, so my mind could change.

(edit)
    spoiler prediction:
    Spoiler:
    Hawk will lose to the Val Kilmer look-alike (Robby), and be the Johnny protagonist in the next reboot.
    Hawk represents the true spirit of the original Cobra Kai.

But I always root for the bad guy. Shane was my favorite Walking Dead character.

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Devil View Post
    Time to revive the Cobra Kai thread because season 2 is out. I binge watched it last weekend. It was pretty awesome.

There are a couple smoking hot chicks in the show. Shut the fuck up. I’m not a pedo. They only play high school girls. They’re both in their early 20s.

Also, tell me who your favorite character is, and why is it Hawk?
    Hawk is a dick with a hairlip, I saw that coming from S1E1. So far, my favorite is Johnny. Yeah, it's the old down-and-out-ex-asshole-becomes-a-reformed-champion trope, but they play it well, and with a fair bit of humor and humanity, and Coors. I have the remaining 2 episodes of S2 to get through, so my mind could change.

(edit)
    spoiler prediction:
    Spoiler:
    Hawk will lose to the Val Kilmer look-alike (Robby), and be the Johnny protagonist in the next reboot.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Time to revive the Cobra Kai thread because season 2 is out. I binge watched it last weekend. It was pretty awesome.

There are a couple smoking hot chicks in the show. Shut the fuck up. I’m not a pedo. They only play high school girls. They’re both in their early 20s.

Also, tell me who your favorite character is, and why is it Hawk?

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    In case you guys forget to check the home page from time to time, there's an 'official' Bullshido review up:
    https://www.bullshido.net/old-school...angs-examined/

Leave a comment:

• ksennin
    replied
    Damn.

Back during the times of the original movie, I thought of myself as kinda like Daniel, or the idealized, dork with good intentions that Daniel was sold to be. Nowadays I realize I am much more like the modern Johnny: washed out in a no-future job, out of options, dreaming of the past, and wishing I could be given a last chance to do some real darned violence to get my anger worked off.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X