Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cobra Kai: The Series (?!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I will watch every minute of every episode of this, and never speak a word of it to anyone.

    The Karate Kid Enterprise is the cinematic equivalent of the Harley Davidson Road Glide or Nickleback.

    It's not mathematically possible to have made as much money off of it as has been made if everyone who said they hated it was telling the truth.

    Comment


      #17
      We live in a world where Full House and Will and Grace got brought back I say we are due a good return from an old fave

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
        I can see Daniel and Johnny burying the hatchet considering they were both victims of John Kreese' toxic megalomania. A god complex he developed while burning villages in Cambodia which he has never recovered from or spoken of to anyone.
        Only Miyagi knows. Commander Miyagi, decorated war hero and defacto leader of Group Black. He loves the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like prequels...
        That would be AWESOME. Let's write it up and pitch it to YouTube.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
          That would be AWESOME. Let's write it up and pitch it to YouTube.
          Seriously. A Kreese / Myagi backstory ala Rambo. I would watch that shit naked.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
            Maybe the story arc will have both of them take up jujutsu after getting Pwned at the inevitable tournament .....
            When I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 I was really hoping it'd end with the protagonist realising Chi is bullshit, taking up BJJ and beating the bad guy via single leg takedown

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Mandem View Post
              When I watched Kung Fu Panda 3 I was really hoping it'd end with the protagonist realising Chi is bullshit, taking up BJJ and beating the bad guy via single leg takedown
              I dissagree with the anti Kung fu sentiment.

              Kung Fu is by far the greatest movie martial art .

              It looks awesome in movies be it old shaw Bros and golden harvest or more modern jet li stuff it's spectacular.

              MMA and even more so BJJ looks dog shit in comparison.

              I remember watching Mel Gibson triangle choke a guy at the end of lethal weapon and thought "WTF is he doing that won't work in real life". Now I know what it is and what it does in real life and it makes zero difference and looks DogShit in comparison to a No Shadow kick .
              King without a crown

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by PDA View Post
                I dissagree with the anti Kung fu sentiment.

                Kung Fu is by far the greatest movie martial art .

                It looks awesome in movies be it old shaw Bros and golden harvest or more modern jet li stuff it's spectacular.

                MMA and even more so BJJ looks dog shit in comparison.

                I remember watching Mel Gibson triangle choke a guy at the end of lethal weapon and thought "WTF is he doing that won't work in real life". Now I know what it is and what it does in real life and it makes zero difference and looks DogShit in comparison to a No Shadow kick .
                I agree BJJ is not suited to movie fight scenes, but Kung Fu Panda was never meant to be a serious martial arts film anyway

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Mandem View Post
                  I agree BJJ is not suited to movie fight scenes, but Kung Fu Panda was never meant to be a serious martial arts film anyway
                  John Wick disagrees.
                  The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by PDA View Post
                    I dissagree with the anti Kung fu sentiment.

                    Kung Fu is by far the greatest movie martial art .

                    It looks awesome in movies be it old shaw Bros and golden harvest or more modern jet li stuff it's spectacular.

                    MMA and even more so BJJ looks dog shit in comparison.

                    I remember watching Mel Gibson triangle choke a guy at the end of lethal weapon and thought "WTF is he doing that won't work in real life". Now I know what it is and what it does in real life and it makes zero difference and looks DogShit in comparison to a No Shadow kick .
                    Hogwash.
                    Cynthia Rothrock
                    JCVD
                    Mortal Combat
                    Roadhouse
                    Best of The Best
                    TMNT

                    TKD is the best movie martial art.
                    COME AT ME, BRO!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                      Hogwash.
                      Cynthia Rothrock
                      JCVD
                      Mortal Combat
                      Roadhouse
                      Best of The Best
                      TMNT

                      TKD is the best movie martial art.
                      COME AT ME, BRO!
                      Ok I'm gonna have to concede some ground here BUT Kung fu was still better than them despite their awesomeness and BJJ is still movie DogShit mixed with cat piss.
                      King without a crown

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                        John Wick disagrees.
                        More Sambo than BJJ in John Wick,
                        and more Judo than BJJ in John Wick II.
                        People love to see people get him with the planet. And then shot, stabbed, ran over, and blown up.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                          Hogwash.
                          Cynthia Rothrock
                          JCVD
                          Mortal Combat
                          Roadhouse
                          Best of The Best
                          TMNT

                          TKD is the best movie martial art.
                          COME AT ME, BRO!
                          Have you seen Shaolin Challenges Ninja and the Five Deadly Venoms out of the Shaw Brother's stable of films...?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
                            More Sambo than BJJ in John Wick,
                            and more Judo than BJJ in John Wick II.
                            People love to see people get him with the planet. And then shot, stabbed, ran over, and blown up.
                            Youre hair splitting. The difference between those three things as far as techniques in the curriculum is virtually non-existent.
                            My Bjj is basically sambo with dope guards and ,mounts and subs.
                            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                              John Wick disagrees.
                              John Wick is really more Judo I think.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                                Youre hair splitting. The difference between those three things as far as techniques in the curriculum is virtually non-existent.
                                My Bjj is basically sambo with dope guards and ,mounts and subs.
                                I am definitely hair splitting.
                                It's expected and customary.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X