Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strength and weight: How an untrained 42 year old allegedly choked out a purple belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    The same powerlifter also beat Jeff Monson.

Powerlifting is better than BJJ.
    Bicep curls are better than powerlifting.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
      I won't discount it as impossible, especially if there's a huge size difference. It's possible, and embarrassing for the purple belt if it happened. Shit happens. But it's irrelevant. Skill is about having the ability to consistently win. If he rolls with that purple belt a hundred more times, he'll lose every time.
      Or, the purple belt was showing him some sweep from guard, and fatty grabbed a collar choke instead, and is now claiming he can beat BJJ purples, who all whine if you try too hard against them.
      "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Originally posted by strikistanian
      DROP SEIONAGI MOTHERFUCKER! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
      Originally posted by Devil
      Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
      Originally posted by Plasma
      At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
      Originally posted by SoulMechanic
      Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Comment

Size matters which is why you don't see people challenging 800lb. gorillas to h2h fights. That being said it still sounds like a good helping of bs.

Comment

I totally choked out a literal 800lb gorilla with is own gi when I was on safari. Jane Goodall has the video but I doubt she'll share it.

Comment

Originally posted by BJMills View Post
            I totally choked out a literal 800lb gorilla with is own gi when I was on safari. Jane Goodall has the video but I doubt she'll share it.
            I actually led a Troop of Moutain Gorillas for a few years after defeating their then Silverback in single combat. After a few years I was usurped by a challenger. I asked for a rematch in the Gi but he refused. Those folks were the only vegans I have ever met that weren't complete tools........ believe me.
            The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

I believe. Also, Gorillas really don't like grappling in a gi.

Comment

Wait, I weigh 96Kg that correspond to 211,644lbs (I just checked on Google).

Does it mean that I can choke all the BJJ purple belts I want? That would be cool!
                Or does it work only for those BJJ purple belts under, say, 140lbs?
                Or does the fact that I do judo disqualify me from this and as a consequence I would be choked by 205lbs unexperienced guys by default?

My guess is that the unexperienced guy probably choked the jaw of the BJJ guy, as unexperienced guys often can't tell the difference (in my experience unexperienced guys are not really able to choke).

PS, to the OP: vegetarians aren't necessariously light, I'm a vegetarian for example.
                Last edited by MisterMR; 7/24/2017 9:35am, . Reason: grammar check

Comment

I know dude so am I, was just trying to be funny and failing.

An interesting caveat to all this is that according to him the purple belt was around 170lbs - so not even that skinny. I guess in his twisted mind those 30lbs are around the make or break territory - or in this case the snap or nap

Comment

Size and strength didn't seem to play so well for this bloke:
                    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                      That dude was using a performance-enhancing Gi. It was stitched together with unicorn hair.
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                        That's just stupid if it wasn't some sort of silly marketing video (as in the whole thing was scripted).

Control the guy, call the cops, show them the video...
                        Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

BJJ comps should give out cows... so should boxing.
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                          BILL HICKS,
                          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

The same powerlifter also beat Jeff Monson.

Powerlifting is better than BJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                              I actually led a Troop of Moutain Gorillas for a few years after defeating their then Silverback in single combat. After a few years I was usurped by a challenger. I asked for a rematch in the Gi but he refused. Those folks were the only vegans I have ever met that weren't complete tools........ believe me.

Comment

Of course it makes a difference, but to get this straight, this isn't a guy getting clipped, hulk slammed, taking it easy and being caught in your fella's "move," but an untrained nasty getting off the sofa and gi choking a purple belt? Shiiiiiite!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X