Opening a new MMA School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I am curious as to how you respond Nathan.
    ... because I too have seen a number of discrepancies with what you say and things I know to be facts.

Google says no.

I would like to know your actual combat sport record.
    How did google says no? lol omg are you crazy you dont even know my name
    I am asking the questions here this is my thread about how this country views KM and MMA and how will it look like to have separate BJJ and MMA and KM classes since I already figured it out that BJJ is very famous over here and very well presented this is why I wish to keep it this way this sounds very cool to me thanks

well the facts are still there Krav Maga is taught everywhere even to 18 years old girls

Reserve for 20 years in the army means you are 42-43 years old and this is the year which most veterans are retired from the army at 43-45

Reserves don't even have KM training, it is very rare unless you are in elite unit which means you are not reserve but you are continuing your mandatory service usually unless its war time

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    This is a straight out lie. Every israeli employer requires it. The govt issues you one that looks like a driver's license and even has little comments about your performance from your commanding officer... Yeah... I'm calling BS officially now.

Not what I said. I said it is only taught to those in Kravi units.

You are really going to compare the KM instruction from the Krav Crash Course given to non-Kravi units to that of actual Kravi units? If so, that doesn't speak well for KM...

I could debate this, but that would require looking up the relevant laws from the relevant ministries, and I just can't be bothered. Anyone who wants to know can contact the Wingate and ask, in short they haven't changed their procedures since 2005.

No. You were the one who claimed that you were certified to teach certain things, such as BJJ. When pressed you claimed that you were certified by the Wingate. I simply clarified for non-Israeli readers, who might think that is impressive, exactly what that means. While we are at it, what belt are you and who granted it to you?

Didn't say that they can't, however, you have to be released from your reserve duty status in the Israeli military to do so. How and why you got such a release speaks a great deal as to your actual abilities.

Yeah you run into that problem when you start playing around with facts.

Hardly

[
    Sure there are private clubs. There are private clubs that teach Ninjutsu and Abir Warrior too... All things considered there is a lot of MA woo in Israel.

No you didn't. I, and most of the other people on this forum, did.

What you dont' know about what goes on in Israel would probably fill the Grand Canyon.

How old are you? Professional boxing has been going strong in Israel since the founding of IPBO back in 2000... Before then it was hit or miss by various outside promoters, but since then they have had regular matches every 8-10 weeks...
    I had a belts in Judo & Karate when I was a kid and I had moved to ring sports
    never put a GI ever since
    I only participated in no gi classes for purposes of mma
    how good I am? I have no clue I roll with brown and blue belts they kick my ass but in mma sparring its the exact opposite
    I am not opening a BJJ school and I still want to bring my own teacher for BJJ
    be done with it please

about reserved release read number 2 (before leaving Israel for a trip or any reason let us know you are not available for being on call) that place is in the Bakom entrance on the right first or second door next to the shop
    http://www.miluim.aka.idf.il/1287-he/Miluim.aspx
    also active and excellent sportsman don't have to stay on call even if originally they were recruited as combat

I have no problems with facts but I did not come here to try and explain anything it was the exact opposite
    well all BJJ trainees now days in Israel that are going to become instructors are going through this course that is provided over here
    and this is how I gained my experience of teaching kids martial arts and bjj
    same as I said in my previous posts
    2005?
    this is the new law that you are not aware of... I think they released it in 2009 or 2010 and it takes effect I think since 1 of september 2012 changed the whole game of martial arts in Israel
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MOeV9OZK4rozew
    Which I already contacted Wingate and the Gov way long ago to make sure how it works and if you want they guy who is responsible for it I think his name his Shlomi he is in the Sports ministry
    Which still I do not know how did we get to this I do not care of what you do no know because these links are WRITTEN LAWS
    there is nothing related to having a dance or hiphop insurance loophole there is just unregulated and regulated

http://www.kolzchut.org.il/he/שירות_...דה
    this link provides with the right of every citizen in Israel to be employed and says that it is ILLEGAL to require army service information and it is eligible for a lawsuit if he requires
    the ID we get from the army is just a piece of plastic looks almost identical to the FL DMV License

and to KM instruction I will say it last time it all depends on the Instructor
    same teachers can teach basic classes and same teachers can teach advanced classes in the army the ranks decides and not how good you are

Muay Thai fighters training the shayetet
    youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6kqIHICSA
    this is still a very basic class since they are to be taught quickly to handle the Marmara for example

I started doing ring sports at 2003 I never did professional boxing
    kickboxing was it but it was so slim even the national championship had less than 80 fighters on all categories
    I still dont get it why the hell do you care? I am doing my own business not hurting anyone
    I said in the beginning that I do not see this as a criteria so leave this thread this is for advises and not for whatever you created here
    Originally posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Sometimes I find these discussions confusing.
    On the one hand, there is immeasurable value in just teaching people basics.
    Basics of Wrestling, basics of Judo, basics of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, basics of Boxing, basics of gun safety, basic marksmanship.
    Frankly, those basics are all that I myself really drill or concern myself with,
    and those grappling sport/art basics are all that I teach, just basics, drilled and tuned again and again.
    (With the exception that beyond laser trainers and airsoft, I refer people to get their real firearms training from qualified firearms instructors,
    and I refer people out to dedicated striking coaches who have made that much more of a primary focus in their careers than I have).
    On the other hand, I have been on the mats for well over 30 years, and I am still trying to get those grappling sport/art basics right.
    So, I can only hope that everybody who hangs up a shingle is truthful about what they know, and what they really don't know,
    and that the public exercises Caveat Emptor at all times, with themselves and their kids regarding whom they select as coaches and trainers.
    Exactly what I thought and that is why I mean I can teach 3-7 years old and even some adults the Basic classes and the Black Belt can teach everything else
    i
    When there are kids they want them to have fun and diversity, so MMA sounds like a good plan since its all martial arts?

Thanks for the reply if anybody has anything else to add I would be happy only for advises and not for wasting my precious time unless you have a 200 students gym and you wish to warn me about a huge mistake you know that can be done such as making clients buy GIs and paying for belt testing every few months in addition to membership fees which I see as a stupid thing to do

;)
    Last edited by nathan91; 7/03/2017 6:40pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by omoplatypus View Post
      First an honest answer to anyone who is thinking of opening a martial arts business.

To start, people want to know how you are qualified to teach. Most people (especially parents) want to see certificates on the wall. In this internet age, expect these certificates to be googled.

So, let's assume you have the papers, now you have to realize that there is a reason that McDojoism exists. The money in straight tuition just isn't there to keep anything running, long term. This means, if you want to break even, you have to charge for belt testing. If you want profit, you need lots of belts to test for. You also need to do after school pick ups, birthday parties, sell your own branded gear and uniforms, and run special seminars. To give an example, I recently inquired about a seminar at my club with a semi-known judo coach. He wanted 500 up front and then a split of the door up to another 500, and I could keep whatever was left. MAYBE, I would make a hundred bucks after all was said and done, but there are so many seminars going on all the time, it's hard to price them right and get people to show up. It's easy to get wallet fatigue with seminars.

This stuff covers kids, and some parents, which will be your bread and butter. For adults, they will spend less money, as they don't care so much about a lot of this stuff. You will also attract fewer of them, unless you are a competitive MMA gym. If you don't have a verifiable fight record or stable of fighters that you have trained to local hero status, good luck. You wont be able to attract good fighters from other gyms, and the people you do attract will either quit the sport or go to a more reputable gym quickly after finding out you suck if they do badly in tournaments.

If you advertise BJJ, be certified in BJJ. If you advertise Judo, be certified in Judo. If you start giving out rank in styles that you don't hold rank in yourself, you are in for a bad time.

You will lose money to start. If you break even after a year or so, you did good. You will probably have a day job while doing this. I have known thousands of fighters and coaches in my life, and maybe 20 of them are making a full time living with martial arts.

If you want to teach Krav, then you're going to have a bit easier time with adults because it's "self defense" training, but there isn't a lot of money out there for self defense/combatives alone.

Now, to what I've read in this thread, if you are former IDF, then you should have the equivalent of a DD214. I'm Jewish myself, and I have worked with Israelis. They have their papers in order.

Can you provide any links to back up your claims of your martial arts/combat sports history?

I've been on this site for a long time, and I can tell you that you are failing the smell test in my book. I'm not calling you a fake or a fraud. I'm not saying that you are out to scam anyone, but what you're saying here is similar to people who have tried to pull a fast one. I would hate for you to be falsely accused of anything, or to ruin your own reputation by inadvertently mimicking frauds.

Hope this helps.
      It helps me very much I really liked your comment
      I understand what you are telling me
      and I am very grateful for your advises and yes I know it is a hard job to open up a gym
      I have my day job too and I have made my plans not
      I am trying to sharpen them in terms of marketing
      I know how many frauds are out there
      there is one half a mile away from the place I am trying to open and I just shut my mouth when I saw him teaching horrible stuff to kids and adults
      I go do my thing
      I am not here to prove anyone anything
      I chose this forum because it had some nice result regarding krav maga on the search engine and I find some people here with similar opinions as mine

KM not popular in the forum but might be in certain areas
      BJJ very popular everywhere
      I am not trying to attract fighters
      size to rent ratio is best withing kids calculation since they are tiny
      adults are more then welcome but I cant charge them like I charge for youth classes

So I should translate all of my certificates and put them on the wall together with my BJJ instructor's diplomas too

Thank you again I am on it :)

Comment

Sometimes I find these discussions confusing.
        On the one hand, there is immeasurable value in just teaching people basics.
        Basics of Wrestling, basics of Judo, basics of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, basics of Boxing, basics of gun safety, basic marksmanship.
        Frankly, those basics are all that I myself really drill or concern myself with,
        and those grappling sport/art basics are all that I teach, just basics, drilled and tuned again and again.
        (With the exception that beyond laser trainers and airsoft, I refer people to get their real firearms training from qualified firearms instructors,
        and I refer people out to dedicated striking coaches who have made that much more of a primary focus in their careers than I have).
        On the other hand, I have been on the mats for well over 30 years, and I am still trying to get those grappling sport/art basics right.
        So, I can only hope that everybody who hangs up a shingle is truthful about what they know, and what they really don't know,
        and that the public exercises Caveat Emptor at all times, with themselves and their kids regarding whom they select as coaches and trainers.
        Originally posted by nathan91 View Post
        Exactly what I thought and that is why I mean I can teach 3-7 years old and even some adults the Basic classes and the Black Belt can teach everything else
        i
        When there are kids they want them to have fun and diversity, so MMA sounds like a good plan since its all martial arts?

Thanks for the reply if anybody has anything else to add I would be happy only for advises and not for wasting my precious time unless you have a 200 students gym and you wish to warn me about a huge mistake you know that can be done such as making clients buy GIs and paying for belt testing every few months in addition to membership fees which I see as a stupid thing to do

;)
        I would not assume that my words applied to you the way you seem to think they did.
        Bad habits are just as habit forming as good habits.
        Be careful not to teach other people bad habits that you may have and not even realize that you have.
        Plato's allegory of the Cave comes to mind.

Comment

I would not assume that my words applied to you the way you seem to think they did.
          Bad habits are just as habit forming as good habits.
          Be careful not to teach other people bad habits that you may have and not even realize that you have.
          Plato's allegory of the Cave comes to mind.
          MY nightmare is to teach in a bad way or a bad habit to someone
          If I teach Basic I teach Basic
          If I do not know it I do not teach it
          just for example
          a 3-4 years old is a 30 minutes class
          saying hello to the kids
          teach them basic gymnastics rolls
          usu
          some hand shakes
          hip escapes on the floor and the max is going to be breakfalls for 4-5 years old and all is within a game

Thanks you again for your comments are blessed!

Comment

As a Moderator I do know the name and email you signed up with. It clearly says so in the TOS and the profile form.
            From my limited googling of the name you provided (that matched the email you provided) .... that person was not
            I am Israel's Boxing, Kickboxing, K1 champion several times
            Not once, much less all three, that I can find.

If you wish to give your name or where we can see that you are "Israel's Boxing, Kickboxing, K1 champion" you can clear up this discrepancy.
            I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
            BILL HICKS,
            1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
            ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

about reserved release read number 2 (before leaving Israel for a trip or any reason let us know you are not available for being on call) that place is in the Bakom entrance on the right first or second door next to the shop
              http://www.miluim.aka.idf.il/1287-he/Miluim.aspx
              also active and excellent sportsman don't have to stay on call even if originally they were recruited as combat
              Number two translated for our English speaking friends:
              2. Guidelines for calling for active reserve duty in case of going abroad:
              A. The reserve soldier must contact the reserve unit in any case of planned departure abroad, in order to ascertain whether there is an expectation of his call to reserve duty during the scheduled departure period.
              B. If the reserve soldier receives a summons to service while in Israel, the order requires him to report accordingly.
              Sure if you are still active reserve you can take short trips abroad. However, since you were talking about starting a permanent business, clearly you aren't talking about a short trip abroad that would allow you to continue your service... The problem here is that you are giving evasive answers instead of honest ones.

2005?
              this is the new law that you are not aware of... I think they released it in 2009 or 2010 and it takes effect I think since 1 of september 2012 changed the whole game of martial arts in Israel
              https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MOeV9OZK4rozew
              Which I already contacted Wingate and the Gov way long ago to make sure how it works and if you want they guy who is responsible for it I think his name his Shlomi he is in the Sports ministry
              Which still I do not know how did we get to this I do not care of what you do no know because these links are WRITTEN LAWS
              there is nothing related to having a dance or hiphop insurance loophole there is just unregulated and regulated
              Huh? That specifically references the 1988 law, with a minor addendum from 2012 requiring any combat sports instructors to take an additional 28hrs of instruction broken down into specific subjects outlined there. All that did was make the Wingate course 5 weeks instead of 4. That says nothing about choosing one specific sport. That part is referenced in the earlier laws quoted in your addendum.

http://www.kolzchut.org.il/he/שירות_...דה
              this link provides with the right of every citizen in Israel to be employed and says that it is ILLEGAL to require army service information and it is eligible for a lawsuit if he requires
              the ID we get from the army is just a piece of plastic looks almost identical to the FL DMV License
              That is not what it says at all. It says that it is illegal to discriminate against people who are legally exempt from military service. It says nothing about it being illegal for an employer to ask to see your teudat shichrur. It's funny you are quoting a lawsuit in a minor labor court that the court itself dismissed:
              Arab workers who were employed as lookouts and patrollers in Israel Railways by Hashmira were fired from their jobs after the train issued a new tender, in which military service was defined as a precondition for working in these positions. Abdolrahman Kadi and other Arab workers filed a lawsuit against Israel Railways and Hashmira, claiming that the new criterion discriminates against them, and that the criterion of military service is irrelevant to the position in which they are employed. Following the filing of the suit, Israel Railways announced that it had retracted its military service requirements and set new criteria, including: occupational continuity, shift work, hierarchical organization and even experience as a scout and / or observer. Equality of Opportunity at Work submitted to the Court an opinion on its behalf, in which it announced that there is concern that the new criteria are discriminatory. The Regional Labor Court in Tel Aviv is required to determine whether the conditions laid down by Israel Railways are subject to discrimination against exemptions from service in general and against the Arab minority in particular, or whether they are relevant and relevant to the requirements of the position.

It was held that it was not proven that the new criteria are binding on the nature of the position and noting that these are cumulative criteria for which an army graduate responds in principle, it is found that there is a fear of discrimination against candidates who did not serve in the army. The court accepted the dismissal and dismissed the workers.
              Can I ask a question? Are you using Google translate in your mad attempt to find answers to tough questions? Clearly you aren't understanding the very things you are reading or quoting.
              Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Can I ask a question? Are you using Google translate in your mad attempt to find answers to tough questions? Clearly you aren't understanding the very things you are reading or quoting.
                I'm so out of practice with Hebrew, it's not even funny. My Hebrew was never great to begin with anyway.

However, his grammar reads like a lot of new English speaking Israelis that I have known. Sort of using English vocabulary and a mix of English/Hebrew syntax.

I don't know. Something isn't right about what he's saying, but I'm not ready to call an emergency meeting of the Elders of Zion just yet.

Comment

I'm so out of practice with Hebrew, it's not even funny. My Hebrew was never great to begin with anyway.

However, his grammar reads like a lot of new English speaking Israelis that I have known. Sort of using English vocabulary and a mix of English/Hebrew syntax.

I don't know. Something isn't right about what he's saying, but I'm not ready to call an emergency meeting of the Elders of Zion just yet.
                  My other thought is that he is relying on Hebrew word salad in attempt to confuse our primarily English reading base.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Wingate Institue in Israel
                    I am Israel's Boxing, Kickboxing, K1 champion several times and I had a lot of competitions done in Russia and I spent training camps in Thailand and Russia. Never competed BJJ but I did have a few fights of MMA since it was not so regulated back in that time in Israel and I was in a combat unit in the Israeli army also as an instructor for the unit it self and we called the class of self defense which i taught (which was an MMA) - Krav Maga class lol

Oh I have never participated in a competition under Muay Thai rules since my gym and coach had organizations wars and we were submitted for K1 rules
                    but I was training for a lot of years as a Muay Thai fighter and everything inside the gym was Muay Thai
                    we couldnt use elbows in our competitions
                    I have to say frankly most competition was not as hard as training since the other trainees in the gym were heavier and stronger and more experienced so that is also why I can not figure out competitions as a criteria... may be here in the US people who do not fight in competitions are not considered strong?
                    tell me please... thanks!!

AMATURE ONLY
                    may be one fight was considered pro but I was 17 I do not remember exactly but it was kickboxing K1 rules and I had only basic gear and it was aired on TV I guess... I cant tell I dont have a TV never had never will :D
                    So your 26 not a career soldier and were a h2h instructor in the IDF? You also dont really know the details behind your comp history. If you cant remember that how do you intend to remember what to teach? People care about fight record simply because how can you prepare somone for something you know next to nothing about? Finally your mentality towards starting your own club appears to be flawed. Your not sure what direction you are heading but your main focus is making cash.

The critisms are a harsh but you need to understand alot of the guys here either run their own school or help run one.

Comment

My other thought is that he is relying on Hebrew word salad in attempt to confuse our primarily English reading base.
                      Possibly so. I don't know. He does type very similar to newly immigrated Jews. That's all I'm saying. Also, since he claims to have grown up in the USSR, English could be a 3rd or 4th language.

You obviously have a lot more knowledge on the subjects at hand. So, take it away, maven. I'll just be shnorring at the buffet, noshing on the free kosher pastrami and crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                        The critisms are a harsh but you need to understand alot of the guys here either run their own school or help run one.
                        I was the cutman for an MMA team, and I run a non-profit judo program for kids and their parents. I wish I had a lot of the info in this thread laid out for me like this before I got started with my own school. I would have done a lot better for myself.

Comment

I was the cutman for an MMA team, and I run a non-profit judo program for kids and their parents. I wish I had a lot of the info in this thread laid out for me like this before I got started with my own school. I would have done a lot better for myself.
                          Something tells me you had passion driving you and not a get rich scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Kravbizarre View Post
                            Something tells me you had passion driving you and not a get rich scheme.
                            LoL. You are right. I don't even charge money for my lessons. Buy your own gi and cup. Parents donate what they feel like, when they feel like it.

I've sunk over 700 dollars into my club and can't ever get it back unless someone makes a donation, memo'd for my wallet, which I'm not allowed to ask for.

I will probably lose, on average, 500 dollars a year doing this, and that's if donations stay as high as they are now. But, it's a tax write off, so there is that.

Comment

Plus I just want you guys to know that all these posts about Krav Maga here that it is this and that are partially true which means yes it is very depending on the instructor's background and if it is military or not... and I am saying that since my own coach and my own friends and me myself were proposed to run the Krav Maga program in the Israeli institute which basically gives KM instructors their certificates even in the army.
                              So if the Admins of this site were to contact Ran Nakash(head of IDF KM instruction) he would verify this claim? That you were offered an instructorship at the Wingate IDF KM training facility?

I never said I do not know how to teach BJJ, I had a Muay Thai Gym but I used to teach BJJ
                              for me it is boring to teach it but I love it I train as much as I can
                              I have two black belts that loves teaching BJJ and they can do the belt thing for the gym while I can teach 3 to 7 years old
                              I never said I was against BJJ belts, I have my own
                              Which belt and who granted it to you?

I had a belts in Judo & Karate when I was a kid and I had moved to ring sports
                              never put a GI ever since
                              I only participated in no gi classes for purposes of mma
                              how good I am? I have no clue I roll with brown and blue belts they kick my ass but in mma sparring its the exact opposite
                              I am not opening a BJJ school and I still want to bring my own teacher for BJJ
                              be done with it please
                              Well last I checked Tenth Planet is the only affiliation that grants belts purely on no-Gi, and they don't exist in Israel. So... Do you have a BJJ belt as you stated above or don't you? You seem to be wavering on this.

Wingate Institue in Israel
                              I am Israel's Boxing, Kickboxing, K1 champion several times and I had a lot of competitions done in Russia and I spent training camps in Thailand and Russia. Never competed BJJ but I did have a few fights of MMA since it was not so regulated back in that time in Israel and I was in a combat unit in the Israeli army also as an instructor for the unit it self and we called the class of self defense which i taught (which was an MMA) - Krav Maga class lol
                              Proof of all of the above please, especially of the military service.

Muay Thai fighters training the shayetet
                              youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6kqIHICSA
                              this is still a very basic class since they are to be taught quickly to handle the Marmara for example
                              The video actually says [Flotilla 13](Israeli version of Navy Seals)- Advanced Krav Maga Instruction in the elite unit. Flotilla 13 is, last I checked one of the few professional units in the Israeli military made of people that have signed on for an additional 6yrs(minimum) after the conclusion of their mandatory 3yr stint, and do this instead of conscript service. I would hope that an elite unit that likes to style itself as the equivalent of Delta Force or Seal Team 6 has some H2H training. Unfortunately what is shown in that video is still very compliant crap against horribly staged attacks that would almost never go down that way in real life. Just look at live leaks. What is killing me here is that you seem incapable of reading or understanding the Hebrew of the things you are posting.

I still dont get it why the hell do you care? I am doing my own business not hurting anyone
                              I said in the beginning that I do not see this as a criteria so leave this thread this is for advises and not for whatever you created here
                              Because you are coming off as a fraud.
                              Last edited by Michael Tzadok; 7/04/2017 5:31am, .

Comment

My first serious post in this thread would have been: a serious face to face sit down, a phone call or email directly after payment or billing had been arranged... just so we could start working on the basic business plan and maybe, eventually, move on to a Marketing Plan. It sounds like there isn't enough qualifications to get that far tho.

Nathan's posts are beyond amatuer hour stuff. It is almost like he bought one of those MAKE MONEY IN MARTIAL ARTS books or video series.
                                Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 7/04/2017 8:40am, .
                                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                                BILL HICKS,
                                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X