Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Footage of someone effectively disarming someone by kicking the knife from their hand

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    With no small amount of irony, the newest article on the Bullshido home page had the tag line "just because something 'works for you' [feel free to substitute 'for you' with 'once'] doesn't mean it works".

    Ymas has been a little slow lately. I hope someone shows up to tell everyone how legit this is. Or, even better, to let us know how much better this could have been done.

    I'm not going to bother to read the entire thread. I've kicked a knife out of an attackers hand. 15 years later I duplicated it in a knife fight seminar. Just saying.




    PS. Ironically I caught the knife on two occasion. Not so much the third time.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
      I'm not going to bother to read the entire thread. I've kicked a knife out of an attackers hand. 15 years later I duplicated it in a knife fight seminar. Just saying.




      PS. Ironically I caught the knife on two occasion. Not so much the third time.
      I disarmed a dude with a 6 inch kitchen knife when I was 16 with no training. He was drunk and I wasn't. I just grabbed his hand and twisted and took it away and threw it. I certainly don't recommend just winging it in those scenarios at 16 but it went really smooth.
      Last edited by Raycetpfl; 6/16/2017 12:46pm, .

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        I disarmed a dude with a 6 inch kitchen knife when I was 16 with no training. He was drunk and I wasn't. I just grabbed his hand and twisted and took it away and threw it. I certainly don't recommend just winging it in those scenarios at 16 but it wenters really smooth.

        Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying it does work and to discount a technique because on the surface it sounds foolish would be equally as foolish. I'm a big fan of the 200 meter run as the most practical self defense.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
          Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying it does work and to discount a technique because on the surface it sounds foolish would be equally as foolish. I'm a big fan of the 200 meter run as the most practical self defense.
          Just out of curiosity do you prefer crescent kick or front kick as perm suggests??

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
            Just out of curiosity do you prefer crescent kick or front kick as perm suggests??

            I used the front kick. When I did it during the knife fighting clinic the instructor called me an asshole (Ironically of course but yeah fun times.)

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
              I fully disagree. Without dumbasses what the fuck else would the internet be good for??
              Porn, and cat videos (please take note of the carefully and deliberately placed comma)

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
                Congratulations, a random fuck on the internet thinks you're clever.
                This is 100% what it should say when you get an upvote

                Comment


                  #23
                  To point out what all people who drill live weapons simulated drills or do Kali Tudo style training know,
                  when you attack an opponent wielding a knife without the benefit of a force multiplier with much greater range than a knife,
                  you are likely to get caught with a slash, a thrust, or several of them in a large series of the trials.
                  Even when you have the benefit of longer range force multipliers, when operating within a short distance, knife wielders are usually able to close the required distance to make you spring a leak in a disturbingly high number of trials.
                  If you do not have a longer range force multiplier, grappling a knife wielding opponent without striking them first is a very risky proposition, that seems to lead to a higher number of trials where you would spring a leak than scenarios where you do launch a well placed kick prior to grappling.
                  I think that the arts of Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Savate score a point in this scenario with the potential usefulness of their leg techniques compared to grappling knife wielding opponents without the ability to set up an entry with a well placed kick that operates from a longer range kick style compared to trying to initiate a grappling entry on a knife wielder without a kick set up.
                  Like everybody else, I get marked with disappointingly high frequencies when drilling live against an opponent holding a simulated knife if they are liberty to free play with that knife while I am doing so.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I guess it isn't the technique that bothers me so much as the concept in general.

                    Obviously it worked in this instance, and I can see a front kick as probably being one of the better ways of dealing with the situation.

                    Seems to me turning those bottles of wine into projectiles may have been a better option, but I will stop my arm chair quarterbacking right there. I can't see myself having the balls to engage anyone with a blade anyway, so my thoughts don't amount to much.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
                      I guess it isn't the technique that bothers me so much as the concept in general.

                      Obviously it worked in this instance, and I can see a front kick as probably being one of the better ways of dealing with the situation.

                      Seems to me turning those bottles of wine into projectiles may have been a better option, but I will stop my arm chair quarterbacking right there. I can't see myself having the balls to engage anyone with a blade anyway, so my thoughts don't amount to much.
                      Actually your way of dealing with a knife attack is the best, run away. Having the balls to take on someone with a knife is a great way to end up without any balls.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
                        Actually your way of dealing with a knife attack is the best, run away. Having the balls to take on someone with a knife is a great way to end up without any balls.
                        I know a kung fu teacher who had one nut shot off during an altercation.

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X