Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime reader, first-time poster; or “Welcome to my impending mid-life crisis”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longtime reader, first-time poster; or “Welcome to my impending mid-life crisis”

There are very few here I wouldn't buy a beer.

Welcome to the posters club long time lurker.
    Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Even the title is TL;DR

Welcome.
      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      Originally posted by Devil
      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
      I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

I like this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
          Even the title is TL;DR

Welcome.
          Thank you. Now I can go to bed with tears in my eyes.

Comment

Welcome from the shadows, SneakyGoblin. You will find much in common with many of the posters here- relative newcomers like myself, and the long time established participants.

Like you, I have lurked here off and on for years before ever registering and actually posting anything.

I've found most of the regulars here are fine human beings, they just need someone to throw hand grenades at them for the rest of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
              Welcome from the shadows, SneakyGoblin. You will find much in common with many of the posters here- relative newcomers like myself, and the long time established participants.

Like you, I have lurked here off and on for years before ever registering and actually posting anything.

I've found most of the regulars here are fine human beings, they just need someone to throw hand grenades at them for the rest of their lives.
              Pardon me, Grouch. I am clumsy and hit the downvote instead of the upvote on this reply.

Is there a way to fix that, folks? I've done it twice now.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyGoblin View Post
                Pardon me, Grouch. I am clumsy and hit the downvote instead of the upvote on this reply.

Shit happens, I don't think you can do anything about it but it's not a big deal, you just lose one Internet point

Comment

Originally posted by Mandem View Post
                  Shit happens, I don't think you can do anything about it but it's not a big deal, you just lose one Internet point
                  hahahahahahahahaaha
                  “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
                  BILL HICKS,
                  1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                  ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyGoblin View Post

Don't vote on mobile devices... that's the best I've got for ya right now because there is no way to fix it, ever.

You just look like a douche and everyone you violated will cry themselves to sleep wondering why you thought that post was super super stupid, not contributing to the conversation, or dangerously wrong.

Welcome to Bullshido.
                    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
                      Don't vote on mobile devices... that's the best I've got for ya right now because there is no way to fix it, ever.

You just look like a douche and everyone you violated will cry themselves to sleep wondering why you thought that post was super super stupid, not contributing to the conversation, or dangerously wrong.

Welcome to Bullshido.
                      Thanks, BFM. I'll keep that tip in mind - the sad part is I managed to do that from my laptop last night.

Comment

Tell me the truth. You've been lurking a long time. I'm your favorite poster, aren't I?

Comment

You will be chastised but it will be done out of love.
                          King without a crown

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido! My opinion is that your earlier training was far from a waste of time. Not everything we do in martial arts need be towards the goal of self-defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                              Tell me the truth. You've been lurking a long time. I'm your favorite poster, aren't I?
                              Who are you again?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X