Need a good teacher/school (BOSTON)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good teacher/school (BOSTON)

I've been out of fighting shape for a good while now and need a good teacher/school to get back into it. Not looking for anything spiritual, or for a "good cardio workout". Just good old fashioned kill or hurt them as fast as possible and leave style. I was interested in Kali for the included knife fighting aspect and maybe silat? Open to anything that gets the job done.

Not sure if this is the right section to post. Tried posting in other areas but couldn't for some reason.

Moved from MABS to a more appropriate forum.

Welcome, Plushy! We have some great representation in Boston, I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to recruit you.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Plushy2111 View Post
      Not sure if this is the right section to post. Tried posting in other areas but couldn't for some reason.
      Weird.
      I wonder if that is user error or something funky.
      Let someone know if it continues to happen.

Comment

Sambo 7 in Woburn

Stop your search and go to Sambo 7 (www.sambo7.com) in Woburn and train with Andrei. In my clearly non-objective opinion he's one of the best Combat Sambo coaches in North America. He's got exactly what your looking for.

Comment

Redline in Cambridge used to have escrima, I assume there was a lack of interest. They do offer MMA/BJJ/MT/Sanda/wrestling/boxing plus chin na and chun (!?); their BJJ program is headed by Carlos Neto, a membership at Redline gives you full access to his gym as well. That's my choice when I am not crippled or lazy (ie not right now, but soon). Wai Kru and Sityodtong are perennial recommendations as well. A coworker's husband is an Instructor at BMAC, I haven't been in there. There are a bunch of other BJJ-centered schools, A BTT affiliate in Everett, Kimura (I LOL at the name though) downtown, and so on. BJJ is certainly not "knock 'em down and run," but a good grappler makes short work of a single opponent, they generally cross-train, and the old "you can't beat two people if you can't beat one" rule applies here. There is a Dog Brother somewhere around Woburn or so IIRC, but I haven't seen him teaching anywhere. Plenty of quality instruction around, such that you can factor in parking and ease of commute to your decision and not really lose anything.

Comment

Will look into all the places mentioned so far. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Plushy2111 View Post
              Will look into all the places mentioned so far. Thanks guys!
              You'll like Sambo 7. Tell Andrei that Dave in Detroit referred you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X