Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relocating to Concord Nc need recommendations..two part question.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Relocating to Concord Nc need recommendations..two part question.

    First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.

    #2
    Moved MABS -----------> YMAS

    Comment


      #3
      The gym you listed has a pedigree to Sauer - which is good - but I cannot find any actual Instructor or rank listed there - that is not good

      My guess is it's a Concepts school and teh Submission Wrestling alluded to is CSW affiliate which is Erik Paulson - that is good - but again no actual mention of rank or who the instructor actually is - that is not good

      Best advice, go check them out. Taken at face value they tick the right boxes, but with the above caveats because JKD has very patchy QC....and I am a JKD Instructor saying that

      Oh and it's Bustillo by the way
      __________________

      Comment


        #4
        The BJJ school you are wanting to know about is Mark Cukro's school. He is a black belt under Pedro Sauer, and a solid guy. I have known Mark through our both being Pedro Sauer guys, for quite some time. If you have any questions, just go talk to him. He is open and receptive.

        Comment


          #5
          BJJ Classes

          Originally posted by Rmjim View Post
          First of all I would like to state I am in no way, shape, or form stating that I am making accusations against any person. I am simply seeking recommendations. I am relocating to Concord for work and was looking for a reputable bjj gym. I found this website in nearby Harrisburg, maforu.com. It seems very reputable and peaked my interest. I have "taken" bjj classes for about 3 months over a year ago and I have an upper level belt in Chuck Norris style so I'm not new so to speak. Are there other gyms you might recommend in that area? Second part...I have noticed lots of jeet kune do training in the Charlotte NC region. Some by not so reputable folks and others I have no clue about. I know the Bruce Lee legacy never really recognized jkd instructors other than Dan Inosanto and R Bustimilia (sp). I may be wrong, I've never been into jkd that much, just curious as to what is out there. Thanks in advance and remember, I'm not accusing, I'm only asking.
          I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is on my site so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro
          Last edited by mcukro; 5/21/2017 1:47pm, .

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by mcukro View Post
            I'd be glad to have you visit our academy and explain my background and show you my credentials. My phone number is (***)***-**** so feel free to give me a call or message me on FB. We have a great BJJ program and have been under Master Pedro Sauer for many years. - Mark Cukro
            Welcome to forum Mark.

            May I suggest taking that number down unless you want bored assholes and telemarketers and various citizens of the internet to call.

            I mean the info is http://carolinabjj.com/locations/

            That is your school correct?
            Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 5/21/2017 2:54pm, .

            Comment


              #7
              I like what I have seen so far.

              Comment


                #8
                Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mcukro View Post
                  Thank you, I removed it and yes that is. Can you remove it from your reply? I was trying to be transparent and didn't consider the unwanted calls I may get.
                  People can always find your phone number but sometimes adding an extra click is enough of a deterrent.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Mark, glad to help you out brother. This is Jon.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by searcher66071 View Post
                      Mark, glad to help you out brother. This is Jon.
                      Thanks. I appreciate it

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                      Working...
                      X