Juan Pablo Garcia - Black Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    I am sure people do care about adultery but do WE care about adultery?
    Do we give a voice to people exploring adultery in the martial arts?
    Do we allow for this sort of school yard gossip to be considered something worth investigating?

I am not saying this should be off to trollshido but it sure as fuck doesn't belong in MABS.
    All fair points and I agree with you.

I, personally, am not going to decide which accusations and actual incidences of moral, ethical, legal, or spiritual wrongdoings are worthy of MABS or attention by the readers (in most cases anyway). Some people have zero interest in people being actually qualified to teach and some people don't care about other things like previous sexual misconduct or criminal records. The world is a funny place.

I will sound off on the validity of such accusations (there is none at the moment) and give my personal opinions (if I wanted to be a "champion" I might check them out, if the records show that is what they produce).

All that said, since no evidence of wrongdoings has been presented this thread is going to YMAS.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Originally posted by jlopezbjj View Post
      So I did more research on it and spoke to someone that i won't name that is very close to the situation. Basically it's true that he was having an affair with one of his students wife. He ended up kicking out the husband supposedly cause he was having issues with his wife.
      Is it true, or supposedly?

You didn't do research, you just talked to somebody.
      Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 6/19/2017 9:49pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
        I am sure people do care about adultery but do WE care about adultery?
        Do we give a voice to people exploring adultery in the martial arts?
        Do we allow for this sort of school yard gossip to be considered something worth investigating?

I am not saying this should be off to trollshido but it sure as fuck doesn't belong in MABS.
        I agree with you that even if this were to be substantiated, it really isn't worthy of MABS. Maybe the problem is we really don't have a good place to put something that is not quite "MABS" but not quite "YMAS".

Some people won't care, and some people will, and those that DO will probably care for varying reasons. I agree with BFM that there is some validity to a discussion of issues of this nature, even if just as a footnote or casual mention.

Personally, I wouldn't want to train in a school where something of this nature had been substantiated. Not because I care what consenting adults do, but because it has been my experience that this type of drama is never able to be separated from the environment in which it takes place, and I don't want to train in a place where the cloud of this b.s. will most likely be constantly hanging over it, just to serve as an ever present distraction to my reason for being there. Rolling the mats out right in the middle of the sophomore hallway at the local high school would likely result in a more positive training environment.

All that being said...TO THE OP (since we're in ymas now)- Either substantiate this claim with something other than anonymous sources, secondhand information, and the words "basically" and "supposedly", or let this thread die of natural causes, because I don't think there is anyone here who is interested in your personal morality crusade or your feelz about Juan Pablo Garcia.

Comment

With a name like Juan Pablo Garcia how could the guy not be a regular Casanova?

I mean 'Juan Pablo?' That's just dripping in masculine Latin lover sexuality.

I'm a little jealous even!

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
            Is it true, or supposedly?

You didn't do research, you just talked to somebody.
            I spoke to one of the individuals involved and i was shown some text messages which showed proof.

Comment

I spoke to one of the individuals involved and i was shown some text messages which showed proof.
              What exactly is your investment in this matter?

Why would you care enough about what two adults are doing to attempt to confirm your suspicions regarding their behavior, and bring this matter to an internet discussion forum?

What ultimate outcome are you hoping to see as a result of this?

Comment

I talked to your mom at work the other day and she showed me pictures of you naked with a dog.

(see how that works?)
                “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Well thats fucked up! I will have to talk to her about that.

Comment

Well thats fucked up! I will have to talk to her about that.
                    Thank you for seeing my point and taking it in good humors as intended.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

What I really want to know is what sort of cockold mother fucker wants to continue to train at a place where the instructor is nailing his wife?
                      Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                      –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X