Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Yes, we know...
    I knew at least one person would go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
      Thing is I was actually just trying to have a cool conversation about martial arts with you, but you went for the fucktard route.....so be it.
      in all fairness, wasn't this thread designed to suck us in?

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
        i thought so but i started questioning it with the mention of koshi guruma.
        i have to apologize, ben. this was a lie.

you created these threads to mess with me and i was going to troll back using shit pship has said. then you gave me a detailed answer to my troll question because you're too fucking nice of a guy, so i lost my nerve. that's also why i didn't have the balls to just tell you the truth initially.

i'm sure there are many differences between koshi guruma and say o goshi, but to me, the only difference is hand placement.

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
          i have to apologize, ben. this was a lie.

you created these threads to mess with me and i was going to troll back using shit pship has said. then you gave me a detailed answer to my troll question because you're too fucking nice of a guy, so i lost my nerve. that's also why i didn't have the balls to just tell you the truth initially.

i'm sure there are many differences between koshi guruma and say o goshi, but to me, the only difference is hand placement.
          Not really to fuck with you in particular, you aren't that special. To me, anyway!

I just wanted to give an example of where a cop really, really, obviously blew it, went over the top, and purposely used too much force, among other things.

Bonus was that the cop actually used some decent looking technique, no matter how inappropriately applied.

Double bonus you wanted to argue about which particular technique was used.

It's like doing Judo, you start something and usually don't know how exactly it's going to finish, if it does.

Insert Forrest Gump quote here...

If you read the paper on the classification of judo techniques I posted (by Sacripanti), and his further work on the same subject, you will find that you are not far from right, bio-mechanically speaking.

If you want to go medieval, go here. This book (Kodokan Judo: Throwing Techniques, by T. Daigo) is out of print and is the last word, as far as I'm concerned, on classification of judo techniques according to the Kodokan. Being the hombu for Kodokan Judo, and that it was written by Daigo...

I used to have a copy but it's gone to I do not know where. Dammit...

You will find that there are differences other than hand placement. And you don't have to take my word for it, either. You might even learn something.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5j...dabXpDMzA/view

Koshi waza starts on page 79. Koshi Guruma is page 111.

BTW, there are mis-translations in the English version, with right and left transposed, among other things. I was told that the German (and other non-English) translations have a LOT more detail in them, and are better translations. Specifically, I was told that the English translator was a non-judo/martial arts person, plus apparently the Japanese thought that English speakers were too dumb to need more details, and all that was pre-Trump presidency...
          Last edited by BKR; 4/14/2017 12:09pm, .

Comment

Downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
              Downloading.
              It is a great book, too bad it is out of print.

Did you find it in Spanish ? Spanish might be the more detailed one with better translation...

If you read German, bingo...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X