X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post
    There is this thing we do in Judo called a "near leg Tai Otoshi". Except we will have a sleeve grip on the far sleeve, and attempt (at least) to rotate the person over onto their back. Pulling strongly on the sleeve allows that to happen with fair regularity. And we don't use an armbar as part of the throw.

Typically, it is done in a kenka yotsu situation, where tori has an outside lapel/overgrip on uke and far sleeve control, or far lapel control. It may score, or it may break uke down to allow tori to get into better position for another throw, or make a skillful entry to groundwork (uke may be face down, but not face-planted).

One of my students uses it fairly regularly against left-stanced opponents. I learned it from one of my first sensei back in early 80s.

And Tai Otoshi does not require touching uke leg at all, being te waza.

I was applying judo terminology to what the cop did. You know how Judo guys like to name things.

Armbar takedown is what cops call it, though, LOL
    I had to rewatch it, I might need glasses. It still doesn't look controlled to me. I have never seen anyone just flop someone from an armbar. That's why I thought he was trying a toss.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    You should be use to it.
    Well in my defence it is a grainy crap video, it looked at first like he was twisting in, I didn't notice his arm grab. Oh and fuck you.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by DCS View Post
    I have a question: should not be cop's right leg in front of girl's near leg for the throw to be a Tai Otoshi? Cop steps outside girl's near leg.

Agree.

There is this thing we do in Judo called a "near leg Tai Otoshi". Except we will have a sleeve grip on the far sleeve, and attempt (at least) to rotate the person over onto their back. Pulling strongly on the sleeve allows that to happen with fair regularity. And we don't use an armbar as part of the throw.

Typically, it is done in a kenka yotsu situation, where tori has an outside lapel/overgrip on uke and far sleeve control, or far lapel control. It may score, or it may break uke down to allow tori to get into better position for another throw, or make a skillful entry to groundwork (uke may be face down, but not face-planted).

One of my students uses it fairly regularly against left-stanced opponents. I learned it from one of my first sensei back in early 80s.

And Tai Otoshi does not require touching uke leg at all, being te waza.

I was applying judo terminology to what the cop did. You know how Judo guys like to name things.

Armbar takedown is what cops call it, though, LOL

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    So ironically I don't think a cop would feel the same way if he was responding to a call where drunk girl stumbled towards her boyfriend and the boyfriend broke her fucking face on the concrete.
    Probably not. I think he may have underestimated how hard it is to take down a skinny, drunk woman who is wearing heels on a slick floor. Plus, may have been a bit adrenalized...

He did the technique very well indeed.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It looked like a horrible fail on a hip throw attempt to me. I could be wrong though.

You are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• DCS
    replied
    Near-leg Tai Otoshi
    I have a question: should not be cop's right leg in front of girl's near leg for the throw to be a Tai Otoshi? Cop steps outside girl's near leg.

Straight up standard arm bar takedown
    Agree.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    It looked like a horrible fail on a hip throw attempt to me. I could be wrong though.
    You should be use to it.

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied

If she isn't in need of facial recon surgery, then it's all good...
    So ironically I don't think a cop would feel the same way if he was responding to a call where drunk girl stumbled towards her boyfriend and the boyfriend broke her fucking face on the concrete.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
    so your chief complaint is he didn't take her down harder?
    Well I mean if your gonna overkill why not at least use correct technique. She's lucky she wasn't black or they would have emptied a mag in her back after she landed.

Leave a comment:

• Bneterasedmynam
    replied
    Near-leg Tai Otoshi using an armbar for leverage. DQ for throwing with armbar and face-planting on purpose.

The move could be legal if done with control, but not the way the cop did it. Straight up standard arm bar takedown, and very well done. I think he overestimated the amount of force he needed to use on a skinny chick wearing high heels.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
    i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.
    Near-leg Tai Otoshi using an armbar for leverage. DQ for throwing with armbar and face-planting on purpose.

The move could be legal if done with control, but not the way the cop did it. Straight up standard arm bar takedown, and very well done. I think he overestimated the amount of force he needed to use on a skinny chick wearing high heels.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    In judo it wouldn't have scored......
    In an judo match that would be an immediate DQ for throwing with an armbar and face-planting her.

I saw the video this morning, had a chuckle at "judo-like trip" or whatever the description was.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Losco
    replied
    There was no punching to the head which equals to = nothing happened

Leave a comment:

• Raycetpfl
    replied
    That was an Aikido throw.
    So Aikido only works on drunk girls in heels it seems. That seems about right.

Leave a comment:

• itwasntme
    replied
    That was an Aikido throw.
    i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X