Sloppy judo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sloppy judo

I'm sure at least some of you have seen this video of the police taking down a drunk woman. Now besides the obvious argument over force, he was shitty at throwing. Seriously he had zero hip control and she got almost no air time.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcne...hnique-n744426

Any thoughts??

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I'm sure at least some of you have seen this video of the police taking down a drunk woman. Now besides the obvious argument over force, he was shitty at throwing. Seriously he had zero hip control and she got almost no air time.

Any thoughts??
    Good thing he studied hand to hand at the academy for 4 hours. Colorado is a safer place now that a pretty, drunk girl in 6 inch pumps has been face planted.

Comment

Any thoughts??
      so your chief complaint is he didn't take her down harder?

Comment

Originally posted by itwasntme View Post
        In judo it wouldn't have scored......

Comment

Any thoughts??
          That was an Aikido throw.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
            i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
              So Aikido only works on drunk girls in heels it seems. That seems about right.

Comment

There was no punching to the head which equals to = nothing happened

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  In judo it wouldn't have scored......
                  In an judo match that would be an immediate DQ for throwing with an armbar and face-planting her.

I saw the video this morning, had a chuckle at "judo-like trip" or whatever the description was.

Comment

i didn't think it looked like any judo throw i had ever seen, but then again i never even got my green belt.
                    Near-leg Tai Otoshi using an armbar for leverage. DQ for throwing with armbar and face-planting on purpose.

The move could be legal if done with control, but not the way the cop did it. Straight up standard arm bar takedown, and very well done. I think he overestimated the amount of force he needed to use on a skinny chick wearing high heels.

If she isn't in need of facial recon surgery, then it's all good...

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      Near-leg Tai Otoshi using an armbar for leverage. DQ for throwing with armbar and face-planting on purpose.

The move could be legal if done with control, but not the way the cop did it. Straight up standard arm bar takedown, and very well done. I think he overestimated the amount of force he needed to use on a skinny chick wearing high heels.

It looked like a horrible fail on a hip throw attempt to me. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Well I mean if your gonna overkill why not at least use correct technique. She's lucky she wasn't black or they would have emptied a mag in her back after she landed.

Comment

So ironically I don't think a cop would feel the same way if he was responding to a call where drunk girl stumbled towards her boyfriend and the boyfriend broke her fucking face on the concrete.

Comment

It looked like a horrible fail on a hip throw attempt to me. I could be wrong though.
                            You should be use to it.

Comment

Near-leg Tai Otoshi
                              I have a question: should not be cop's right leg in front of girl's near leg for the throw to be a Tai Otoshi? Cop steps outside girl's near leg.

Straight up standard arm bar takedown
                              Agree.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X