Clear All

• PDA
    replied
    Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
    In context, I realize that I am not yet a card carrying member of the AARP.

But, with a daughter in college, a disdain for the way her peer group dresses and talks, a fondness for going to bed before 10:00, liking motorcycles with windshields, and the humiliation of getting my ass consistently handed to me by the twenty-somethings in my dojo (not to mention all the mornings I wake up unable to move various parts of my body), my username is a way of embracing the proverbial suck, and acknowledging that I have crossed that figurative bridge that leaves the benefits of youth further and further behind me as I travel down life's path.
    Me and another middle aged old fart did live stand up wrestling for about 15-20 minutes this morning with each other.
    I have two hip replacements.
    He has one hip replacement.
    We're not what I would call quick by any stretch of the imagination.
    But we both had a grand old time.

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyOldMan
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Looks at post

Looks at username

LOL
    In context, I realize that I am not yet a card carrying member of the AARP.

But, with a daughter in college, a disdain for the way her peer group dresses and talks, a fondness for going to bed before 10:00, liking motorcycles with windshields, and the humiliation of getting my ass consistently handed to me by the twenty-somethings in my dojo (not to mention all the mornings I wake up unable to move various parts of my body), my username is a way of embracing the proverbial suck, and acknowledging that I have crossed that figurative bridge that leaves the benefits of youth further and further behind me as I travel down life's path.

Leave a comment:

• miisalo
    replied
    how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.
    Good old times. When we were kids, wax on wax off was way to karate. For today's kids I think it means something Brazilian and not sure about if it is BJJ :p

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido, and thank you for reminding me how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.
    Looks at post

Looks at username

LOL

Leave a comment:

• GrouchyOldMan
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido, and thank you for reminding me how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.

Leave a comment:

• miisalo
    replied
    Thanks hungryjoe. Hopefully I'm insane enough this to feel like home.

Forgot to mention that in one point I was in "family judo" with my kid and I also was assistant judo teacher for 3-7 years olds when my own kid were participating that. It is funny that I'm not particularly "kids person" but kids for some reason seems to really like me and I get high ratings from my kids classes.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    One of the better introductory posts made on this site.

From one old kick boxer to another, welcome to the madhouse.
    Last edited by hungryjoe; 4/04/2017 8:06am, .

Leave a comment:

• slamdunc
    replied
    Welcome to Bullshido. Google led me here too lol.

Leave a comment:

• miisalo
    started a topic My introduction rambling

My introduction rambling

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X