My introduction rambling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My introduction rambling

Welcome to Bullshido. Google led me here too lol.
    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Comment

One of the better introductory posts made on this site.

From one old kick boxer to another, welcome to the madhouse.
      Last edited by hungryjoe; 4/04/2017 8:06am, .
      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Thanks hungryjoe. Hopefully I'm insane enough this to feel like home.

Forgot to mention that in one point I was in "family judo" with my kid and I also was assistant judo teacher for 3-7 years olds when my own kid were participating that. It is funny that I'm not particularly "kids person" but kids for some reason seems to really like me and I get high ratings from my kids classes.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido, and thank you for reminding me how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.

Comment

Originally posted by GrouchyOldMan View Post
            Welcome to Bullshido, and thank you for reminding me how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.
            Looks at post

Looks at username

LOL
            Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

how eager I was to help wax my dad's pickup truck in 5th grade.
              Good old times. When we were kids, wax on wax off was way to karate. For today's kids I think it means something Brazilian and not sure about if it is BJJ :p

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
                Looks at post

Looks at username

LOL
                In context, I realize that I am not yet a card carrying member of the AARP.

But, with a daughter in college, a disdain for the way her peer group dresses and talks, a fondness for going to bed before 10:00, liking motorcycles with windshields, and the humiliation of getting my ass consistently handed to me by the twenty-somethings in my dojo (not to mention all the mornings I wake up unable to move various parts of my body), my username is a way of embracing the proverbial suck, and acknowledging that I have crossed that figurative bridge that leaves the benefits of youth further and further behind me as I travel down life's path.

Comment

In context, I realize that I am not yet a card carrying member of the AARP.

But, with a daughter in college, a disdain for the way her peer group dresses and talks, a fondness for going to bed before 10:00, liking motorcycles with windshields, and the humiliation of getting my ass consistently handed to me by the twenty-somethings in my dojo (not to mention all the mornings I wake up unable to move various parts of my body), my username is a way of embracing the proverbial suck, and acknowledging that I have crossed that figurative bridge that leaves the benefits of youth further and further behind me as I travel down life's path.
                  Me and another middle aged old fart did live stand up wrestling for about 15-20 minutes this morning with each other.
                  I have two hip replacements.
                  He has one hip replacement.
                  We're not what I would call quick by any stretch of the imagination.
                  But we both had a grand old time.

Comment

Welcome
                    King without a crown

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X